Username Post: Label Maker for journaling??        (Topic#1451913)
New Kid On the Block

Has anyone used a label maker for journaling? I have my eye on one at staples. It prints over 10 fonts many sizes and up to 5 lines. I hate my hand writting but love fun sayings,dates etc. Just wanted to know if anyone has one and how they like it??
Gina

tina c
tina c 
Diva
tina c
In response to reginamae

It is 1 tool that I use. I have used it as is, then just saw some cool ideas to expand on the labels. 1 idea is to make the labels then do a rubbing of the LO over them. This is great for the destressed look. 2nd is to cut velum strips and feed into the maker. Then print as normal then sand to bring out the clear print. I love mine.

chrissymp74
Resident
chrissymp74
In response to tina c

I have not used one but i have seen alot of layouts done with them and they all came out good.I do have one and i think i might try it out on a layout.

Brandilynn
Expert
Brandilynn
In response to tina c

I use the regular embossing label maker and love it, I can even feed my own cardstock/pp scraps into and it works great!!! new used the kind you are talking about but have looked into as well

lakazasmom
New Kid On the Block
lakazasmom
In response to reginamae

I haven't tried using a labeler yet. That is a great idea! Now I'll have to add a labeler to my ever growing list of tools! Do you remember what the one you were describing was called?

New Kid On the Block
In response to lakazasmom

It was a brothers brand if you go to staples web site they have about 20 styles that range in price and what they can do as far as fonts etc. I'v decided that I am going to get one I'll let you know how it works out!

Lilgem
Lilgem 
Idol
Lilgem
In response to reginamae

more importantly...how much?!? Another tool to add to the list, but only if it is affordable!

DivaDana
Diva
DivaDana
In response to Lilgem

a friend has one but it's only one font she said, she loves hers. TFS!!!

luv2scrap:)
Guru
luv2scrap:)
In response to DivaDana

I don't have the type of label maker you are talking about, but I do have a $10 embossing one that I love and use all the time! Hope you are happy with the one you get!

hdsue
hdsue 
Guru
hdsue
  • hdsue on 02-12-08 04:37 PM
In response to luv2scrap:)

i picked up the handheld dyno for 19.99 i am having fun playing with it

stefanyb123
Expert
stefanyb123
In response to hdsue

Wal-mart has the embossing one for $5.97. I like that one better than the nicer ones.
As someone said you can put your own cardstock, paper,etc. and I really like the embossed letters better. but, I hadn't thought of some of the things suggested here... hmmm, may have to upgrade!

eposton
Resident
eposton
In response to stefanyb123

Is the embossing one at Wal-Mart in the craft section or the office supply section?

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics