1. What your favorite scrapping styles, materials, techniques are. I don't think I have a style, though eclectic is somewhat it.. I'd like to get even more eclectic. BUt sometimes I love very clean and simple.. how it looks. It's difficult for me to achieve.
2. Some materials or techniques you would like to try but haven't had the nerve yet. Laura.. I'm with you, I'm terrible at stamping, and I just cannot figure out why. I have all sorts of lovely stamps, and I really shy away from them, for fear they will ruin my layout! So maybe we can learn to do better.. together! I can't think of anything else at the moment.
3. Any specific suggestions you have for us to try as a group. I like the suggestions stated so far. I just would love to have us chatting together every day.. as friends, not only for critique. I want us to get to know each other, and really go to each other for help with scrapping, and otherwise!
1. What your favorite scrapping styles, materials, techniques are.
I tend to say nothing, although looking through the majority of my layouts really reveals that I prefer clean and simple pages that focus on the photos and the journaling. Every once in a while, I do something a little more shabby chic.
I do love to both paper and digital SB, although I've been pushing myself to do more paper lately because, even though I create digital pages, I rarely print them off and put them in albums.
2. Some materials or techniques you would like to try but haven't had the nerve yet.
Hmmm... I'm usually pretty good about trying things at least once. I shy away from doodling a lot, although I have done it on a few layouts.
3. Any specific suggestions you have for us to try as a group.
I like all of the suggestions, so far, too. And I'm with Sherrise. I would love to be more than just a CG. I would love that all of us are friends!
1. What your favorite scrapping styles, materials, techniques are.
I don't know that I have a "style" - I've been told that my pages are bold, though. I LOVE papers from BasicGrey and all of those weathered, distressed things. I love to sew on my pages. I don't do many "girlie/foo foo" things because I have 3 boys... I like to use lots of photos if I can.
2. Some materials or techniques you would like to try but haven't had the nerve yet. Like several of us - I'm a little intimidated by stamps. I've used them a few times, but don't really "trust" them not to ruin my pages. I'd like to use more paint - but it's almost as scary as ink/stamps! lol
3. Any specific suggestions you have for us to try as a group. not really any suggestions... I'm easy!
Good Morning Ladies, Thank you for the list of abbreviations. I think it would work best for me to type the whole word, other than learn that list.
Here are the answers to my three questions...
I do not have a scrapbooking style. I use magazines, and things I see in stores for inspriation. Like I said in my BOM, I want to make my LO's as creative as possible, and I will continue to try new things.
I do not have a certain technique. Like many of you have said, I want to learn to stamp better. I have so many stamps, and I love them, but I feel I many be a little high strung, or shaky to use them. I can never seem to not have my stamped image, be blurry. I am not giving up though. The material I love to use is Vellum. I want to get more ideas of what to do with it. (Any suggestion helps), please point me in the direction of an example any of you have.
As far as suggestions for our group. I am new, and am not sure of what the possibilites are, but someone earlier said something about a secret sister swap. Like a Secret Santa at Christmas time. I loved it in elementary school, when you would get little somethings from a "secret santa" every couple of days. I think that would be fun.
Have a good day everyone, I am having gals over to crop today, and I have scraplifted from Sherrise, and am going to work on that!!
One last thing. How do you all have time to visit everyone's gallery? So many have left nice comments on my cards and layouts, I am struggling getting to all of yours. Don't give up hope on me. I will visit all of them soon!!!
Wendy, don't worry about getting to all the lo's. We understand. On the other hand, some of us spend WAY too much time at our computers--it's sort of like a magnet--just a few more lo's, just a few more lo's, just a few more lo's.
You all have left such nice comments on my Gallery, I want to do the same for you. In the last couple of days, my "scrappin" confidence has boosted. The only person I had for feedback was my husband. He's been busy with our taxes for the last two weeks. He says "Oh. That's nice sweetie", "Oh. I loke that one" I know he really could care less. He's got his mind on how much money we will pau Uncle Sam.
Welcome, Helena, and Chelsea! I left some love in both galleries. You both have a gorgeous scrappin' style!!
To whomever asked about scraplifting.. it does not have to be exact. You can use anything about the layout that inspires you.. for instance just the color scheme.. the design, number of pictures, anything at all!!
Hey laddddiieeeesss!! I am so excited to be a part of this group!!
Here is a little blurb about me that can be used in the first post:
Being a *brand* new scrapper of only a few weeks, I haven't found my 'style' just quite yet. I enjoy experimenting with different techniques and am currently trying to discover my scrapbooking niche. I have picked up a few magazines and find them very inspirational, but the best inspiration I get is from the creative ladies here on these forums. I love bright colors, glitter, girly papers, stickers, and multi-photo layouts that tell a story. I am looking forward to learning more advanced techniques and discovering things like stamping and distressing. My main goal is just to learn and grow, and find my own little place within this hobby. OH, and also improving my printing for journaling.
I am excited to get working on the 2 February layouts.. hopefully I will have something to post within the next couple of days!!
Okay I probably won't get any of the activities done this month, but I will give it ago! I haven't done any BOM pages yet, I keep putting it off!!! Hate my own photos, hate having photos taken of me, hate talking about myself, LOL should make an interesting BOM, if I ever get to starting it!!!!
1. What your favorite scrapping styles, materials, techniques are: I don't think I have any specfic style, I just go with the flow!!! Whatever comes into my head and what I think works! At the moment I am trying to layer my layouts more!
2. Some materials or techniques you would like to try but haven't had the nerve yet. Stamping on my layouts!!! Doodling on my Photos! I have just conquered one, cutting into a background paper and using it to flow over the photo! I also want to do more painting on my layouts, I think that's enough!!!!
3. Any specific suggestions you have for us to try as a group. I think something Like a circle book, have never done one, but have heard a lot about them, and they sound fun, and what a lovely keepsake of something friends have made! Love all ATC's,and general swapping. Love challenges and sketches, as they help with crafters block and generally get my off my bum and get scrapping! I will have a go at anything, and try to do all!!!
Hopefully I have answered ok, enjoyed reading all the other answers!!!
thanks for all the visits to my gallery ladies!! I tried to return some love I started the scraplift challenge last night but I *hated* my layout.. boo! I am going to try something new today, and hopefully you will see it later.
Hey Everyone! Just checking in today. I am hoping to get started on my LO tonight, but I don't know how much I will get done. I will be gone all this weekend. I am in a wedding on the other side of the state, so no scrapping for me til maybe Monday (day off for Presidents Day). I will try and visit some galleries today also!
Hey Nicole, where abouts on the west side will you be? I live in Kazalamoo (Kalamazoo, but I like my version better).
I, too, have my scraplift challenge stuff picked out. I just have to put it together. I'm a sporadic scrapper so it may be here and there over the next few days. And since DH and I are going out to dinner tonight, it may or may not happen until the weekend!
Hi Nicole and Chelsea!! Welcome!! I probably won't be doing any pages until this weekend. I did get up and churn out twenty library pockets to stick my son's valentines into before we left to take him to school today. That is about the extent of my creativity for the week. The good news was that I was able to finally use up some old red, pink and burgandy pp that I really did not like very much. They made great library pockets though.
I hope everyone had a great Valentine's Day. We have soccer practice tonight, so nothing exciting going on at the moment. Just waiting for the end of the work day.