Page 3 of 437 
Username Post: COF Critique Group #3--Why not join us!        (Topic#1452287)
scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to lcmemories

Happy Valentine's Day! Got my Turkey pics from snapfish today, but not sure I'm going to scrap--may go to bed early instead!

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo

Hi ladies... Welcome Chelsea! I'm just checking in for a minute, and then out. I have my scraplift LO completed. I need to figure out how to link mine, and the lift to here and the gallery. I'll get it done. I haven't started my BOM yet. Probably won't be until Sunday. Have a great Friday ladies. I know I will.

chelseavantol
Expert
chelseavantol
In response to wendyjo

Sooo... I finished the 'scraplift challenge'. Here's a link to the LO I did:

M+C Gallery Link

Here is the original layout by sherrise .

Somehow, it ended up coming out very different from the layout I was trying to scraplift. I am not good at copying things!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to chelseavantol

Chelsea, I love your lo!!

Wendy can't wait to see what you come up with on your lift. I generally have to link something, and then come back and edit that post to add something else, if that makes any sense. I haven't figured out how to create two links on the same page, but I think you might can by opening two different windows.

Nicole, you'll need to take lots of photos at the wedding. Have fun this weekend. So jealous of your day off on Monday. We only get Christmas, New Year's day, July 4, and Thanksgiving day off where I work now. A couple of years ago I worked for the State, and there are times when I miss that job, and especially the paid holidays.

Bev, can't wait to see the photos from your trip.

Sherrise, I know you recently took an exam. Have you gone back to school yet, or will that be this summer or fall? I am so excited for you.

Melissa, I hope you had fun with your honey. Dinner out is always so nice.

Soccer practice was cancelled at the last minute, and I have to say I was a bit relieved. My hubby has been gone on a business trip since Sunday morning, and it was a very lonely Valentine's Day. Of course, I had my little guy here, and that helped. I was able to get some cute photos too. I just need to download those, and add them to the list of pages I need to complete.

Just trying to catch up on everything here. Have a wonderful Friday everyone!

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee

Great lift, Chelsea. That's one of the funs of lifting--they sometimes just take on their own personality. You picked a wonderful lo and then made it yours!

Hope everyone has a great Friday. Not sure when I'll get a chance to scrap as have ball games tonight,a Ruritan meal tomorrow night, plus other things to fit in between.

Kellmorris
Governor
Kellmorris
In response to scrapperbee

JCI, going to scrap, will come back later with the results. nice to see you new members and all the activity. Exciting new start.

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo
In response to Kellmorris

Here is my lift challenge from Sherrise's Gallery. I chose this LO because I love the pattererned paper, or it may be stamped, I can't tell. I love large flowers, and the simple journaling.
When I saw this LO, I was inspired, because I have never made a page from my husband and I's quicky wedding in Vegas. We sort of eloped. Our families knew we were getting married, they just didn't know when, and neither did we. We went to Vegas knowing that there was the ability to get hitched. We wore regular street clothes, because, we were really more concerned about having a good marriage, that spending thousands on a great wedding. I have never regretted getting married the way we did. I watch brides freaking out, and I say "There's always Vegas". You can even drive thru chapels there.
Anywhoo...Here is Sherrise's LO~
Tara and Brett wedding By Sherrise
Here is mine~
My Wedding Photo... By Wendyjo
One other thing is I LOVE the paper I used on this, and have been dying for the right reason to use it.
I hope you enjoy, and Sherrise, thank you for your great LO. I loved scraplifting it!!

Kellmorris
Governor
Kellmorris
In response to wendyjo

Here is my BOM me page, I chose the theme relaxing, hope that is OK

[image] BOM : Relaxing By Kellmorris[/image]

and just to share some ATCs i have been doing for ATC swap for photo a day group

ATC swap: photo a day By Kellmorris" title=" ATC swap: photo a day By Kellmorris"ATC swap, photo a day group

I haven't really got the hang of this embedding yet, seem to get either {image} or the title written several times. Can anyone help??

chelseavantol
Expert
chelseavantol

Thanks ladies for the comments on my lift Great job on yours wendyjo and kellmorris I *love* the theme you chose... I could go for some of that relaxation right now.

I was bad yesterday and went on a bit of a shopping spree when I went to th store to get an ink pad... I ended up spending a couple hundred $$, EEK!! But I got some great new stuff - can't wait to try it all out on my BOM page.. hopefully I can get that one done today! I'm trying to scrap like crazy before we leave for moving. I'm not looking forward to a few weeks of no scrapping! We went on a mini holiday last weekend for 3 days and I got so antsy with wanting to make things. I decided to take a notebook on the trip with me and sketch all of the ideas I think of while we're on the road so I don't forget aout them before I actualy scrap them. At least I wil be able to take multiple photos... I have some road trip themed items ready and waiting :P

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Kell, when I embed I don't type in an extra title, it does it automatically. Just hit the link/embed underneath the image, change it to IMG, then copy the URL to this thread. It should do everything for you.

MelissaW
Queen
MelissaW

ACUTH!

And dinner WAS great. I ate so much I came home and fell asleep with my 3 y/o while putting him to bed! LOL
I rarely indulge, though, so it was all good. Besides, that, DH ended up eating most of the dessert! haha!

OK, off to SB.

3jmom
3jmom 
Governor
3jmom
  • 3jmom on 02-15-08 02:25 PM

Happy Friday ladies! I just completed the scraplift of one of Sherrise's LO's. I used her " U Rock " Layout - I used almost the same title and the large photo on the top left. Love this one!

You Rock!

Kellmorris
Governor
Kellmorris

• Laura C Said:
Kell, when I embed I don't type in an extra title, it does it automatically. Just hit the link/embed underneath the image, change it to IMG, then copy the URL to this thread. It should do everything for you.

Thanks I think i may have got the hang of it now, i was posting it into the "world" symbol, but it goes straight into the post!!!

chelseavantol
Expert
chelseavantol

I just completed the BOM activity

Me Right Now

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee

Lovin' the lo's. Must get off the computer and work on some of my own.

MelissaW
Queen
MelissaW
In response to scrapperbee

Here's my scraplift!

Original LO:

Fall
By Sherrise

My LO:

fall @ the cider mill
By MelissaW

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to MelissaW

Here's my title page for my Turkey album. I'm using an 8-1/2x11 that my church secret pal gave me, which is not my norm.

Turkey . . .

I had already picked that same LO to lift, Melissa.

Didn't get to my BOM or lift though tonight. And now--it's past my bed time. Hope everyone has a great weekend and gets lots of scrapping done.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

• Kellmorris Said:

Thanks I think i may have got the hang of it now, i was posting it into the "world" symbol, but it goes straight into the post!!!

Yep, that's it! Much easier now. BTW, I love your latest!! The BOM page is wonderful, and your ATC's rock!!

Edited by Laura C on 02-16-08 02:24 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Bev, love the title on your latest. I need to try that with some alphas I have. I also wanted you to know that Debbieann has been posting on the old thread, trying to sign up, and I sent her this way. I told her to contact you.

Melissa, great job on the lift!! Your Valentine's dinner sounds like it was great! I fall asleep after bed time stories all the time. Of course, I then wake up a few hours later, and I can't go back to sleep for a while, but I just use that time to catch up here.

Hi Wendy, Diana, and Chelsea!! Everyone has been so busy!! I am off to check out your latest!! I need to get busy and finish my lift!! I think I am the only one who has not finished yet. YIKES!

Edited by Laura C on 02-16-08 02:25 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

• chelseavantol Said:

I was bad yesterday and went on a bit of a shopping spree when I went to th store to get an ink pad... I ended up spending a couple hundred $$, EEK!! But I got some great new stuff - can't wait to try it all out on my BOM page.. hopefully I can get that one done today! I'm trying to scrap like crazy before we leave for moving. I'm not looking forward to a few weeks of no scrapping! We went on a mini holiday last weekend for 3 days and I got so antsy with wanting to make things. I decided to take a notebook on the trip with me and sketch all of the ideas I think of while we're on the road so I don't forget aout them before I actualy scrap them. At least I wil be able to take multiple photos... I have some road trip themed items ready and waiting :P

Love your new BOM page!! Looks like you purchased some wonderful goodies. I went shopping yesterday too! I finally purchased some clear acrylic stamps to add some swirls to my pages. I had been doing it with rub-ons mostly.

So, will you be moving very far, or is it a local move? Don't over-do it with your baby on the way. Taking a sketch book is a great idea! I think I might do something like that on our next vacation, and jot down journaling too, so I can add that to my pages later.

Page 3 of 437 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics