Page 7 of 437 
Username Post: COF Critique Group #3--Why not join us!        (Topic#1452287)
Helena Philips
Governor
Helena Philips
In response to lcmemories

• Laura C Said:
Kell, I love the photo of your flowers!! Thanks!

I probably won't be able to do much until this weekend either. Still thinking about my BOM.

Chelsea, I hope you had a great family day!! I'll check out your latest in just a sec.

Helena, the courses you are taking sound great! I have been checking out some of the photo techniques you posted in your gallery too. I have been experimenting a little with that. Does anyone know of a free program I can try to add single colors back to my photos (such as a red rose on a b&w photo)?

Debbie, have fun today! I need to work on my scraproom, but when I go in there I just get overwhelmed. I think that was the inspiration for cleaning my closet. I have to reduce clutter and organize a little bit at a time.

Have a great day everyone!

You could try downloading THE GIMP, it is free,
http://www.gimp.org/

If that is any help!!!

XXXX

Helena Philips
Governor
Helena Philips
In response to Helena Philips

Hi Ladies,

I have done it, I completed the first page for my BOM. I have decided to do an 8x8 album, so I won't be so afraid of doing pages!! Thank you for giving me the motivation to get this started!

This is Sherrise's

OhhowthingschangeBy Sherrise

Here is my try!

First PhotosBy HelenaPhilips

XXXX

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to wendyjo

So far only two challenges--the BOM and the lift. You can do more than one of each if you want; otherwise, I'll be putting up the March ones next week.

MelissaW
Queen
MelissaW
In response to scrapperbee

Hello! Checking in. Lots of layouts to look at today! Awesome!

My laptop got "fixed" this afternoon - they replaced the palm rest to fix a problem with my touch-pad left-click and now they have to come back tomorrow because now my keyboard is short a B key.

At least I bought a Dell with a 5-year in-home-service warranty. I don't have to send it away for five days every time that I need something repaired!

Oh, and I got a layout done for DH's g/pa's album for his HoF open house in April!

Class of 1952
By MelissaW

Off to check out the other LOs!

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to MelissaW

No scrapping tonight--ended up taking a nap instead. Oh well . . . Good job ladies; can't wait to see what tomorrow brings.

chelseavantol
Expert
chelseavantol
In response to scrapperbee

welcome back beth!

no more scrapping for me for a while... I packed up all my supplies I am so sad!! I won't be doing anything until mid march or so unless something changes.... BUT when I do get back into it I will have a ton of photos from our drive across Canada.

Kellmorris
Governor
Kellmorris
In response to BethG.

• BethG. Said:
We were on vacation with my parents in sunny Florida and what did my dh want to do? Watch NASCAR! Mom and I took it as an opportunity to hit one of the scrapbook store s in Ft. Myers and found some beautiful papers!

Personally, I think the NASCAR season is a great opportunity for me to close the door to my craft room, crank up the music and SCRAP!

Hope you're staying warm!

Beth

you have to remember you are speaking to a poor Brit who doesn't have a clue what you are talking about!!

Translation required for NASCAR

Kellmorris
Governor
Kellmorris
In response to Helena Philips

• Helena Philips Said:
  • Laura C Said:
Kell, I love the photo of your flowers!! Thanks!

I probably won't be able to do much until this weekend either. Still thinking about my BOM.

Chelsea, I hope you had a great family day!! I'll check out your latest in just a sec.

Helena, the courses you are taking sound great! I have been checking out some of the photo techniques you posted in your gallery too. I have been experimenting a little with that. Does anyone know of a free program I can try to add single colors back to my photos (such as a red rose on a b&w photo)?

Debbie, have fun today! I need to work on my scraproom, but when I go in there I just get overwhelmed. I think that was the inspiration for cleaning my closet. I have to reduce clutter and organize a little bit at a time.

Have a great day everyone!

You could try downloading THE GIMP, it is free,
http://www.gimp.org/

If that is any help!!!

XXXX

you can also try PICASA free from Google. You can't do the edit you want but you can do almost everything else. I edit all my photos for the web with it. REALLY good!!

Gemini Twins
Diva
Gemini Twins
In response to wendyjo

Laura, I didn't get much on the Coupons . I got a circle cutter but it's hard for me to use. I'm thinking of taking it back but don't know what one to get. Also, I really wanted was the Circut Stretch You Imagination.

Wendy, love the BOM layout of yours.

Chelse, I thought that your bridal shower LO was beautiful.

I will start my BOM LO soon. I have the pics printed out. And will do the other challenge soon. I'm excited about going up to see my ds and his wife this weekend. The one and only time I was in Gainesville was to go to Shane's Hospital. I got poked and electricity shot through my nerves. When the tech said that this wouldn't hurt, I quitely to him that he meant that it wasn't going to hurt him. lol It did hurt and I let him know it not so quitely. lol His faced changed color. lol

After some chores I will get one the LOs.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to Gemini Twins

Geez, I just finished writing a ton of stuff and lost it all. I don't have time to re-write everything so here is the condensed version:

Wendy, love your latest!! You have been busy girlie. I'll go back in a sec and make sure I have seen everything!

Melissa, I really like the heritage page you finished. Love the effect of printing out the photo on textured cs. It really give it almost a linen look. The monogram looks great too.

Kell, NASCAR is a series of car races. I don't know much more, but it is very popular here, and the drivers are famous.

Helena, I was so interested in Whitby Abbey that I looked it all up on the internet. Fascinating place! Love your photos!! I really like your latest lo too. Great work!

Chelsea, I really like your Book of Me page! Have a great trip, and if you have a chance to check in while on the road, let us know how you are doing. Take care of yourself and your baby!!

Hey Beth!! Great to see ya! I'll try to get by your gallery later tonight!

Ok, I have to go get ready for work. Have a wonderful day/night, since I think Kell and Helena are actually ahead of us by a few hours.

TTFN!!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Oh, Debbie, have fun on your visit with your son and daughter-in-law!! Sorry to hear that your last trip to Gainsville was at the hospital. Those tests do not sound pleasant at all.

To everyone else, again have a great day! I really have to go now.

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.
In response to Kellmorris

Kelli - NASCAR - take the Grand Prix held in Monte Carlo, make the cars 10 times as expensive, put them on an oval track, have them drive 500 laps and you have a NASCAR race. My husband likes the sport because he can watch the race start, take a nap, wake up to get the status of the race and take another nap! Personally, I think it's boaring, noisy and an excuse for a bunch of people to get really drunk! Not my idea of a good time. If course, I like the ballet but my husband rolls his eyes and goes so I don't complain about the car races on TV! JEff also has a very stressful job so a day with nothing to do is a good thing for him.

MelissaW
Queen
MelissaW

• Kellmorris Said:

Translation required for NASCAR

NASCAR = National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing

It's a US race series that starts in February in Daytona, Florida and ends in November in Miami, Florida. They race all over the US at various tracks and I think that there's also a race in Mexico for one of the levels.

Croppin Momma
Pro
Croppin Momma

Hey Everyone. Sorry that I have been MIA for the last couple of days. With the wedding and everything this weekend I spent a lot of time with the kids Monday and last night and I still have a TON of laundry to do. Yuck! I will attempt to catch up on LO and comments today and tomorrow. Sorry!

3jmom
3jmom 
Governor
3jmom
  • 3jmom on 02-20-08 11:52 AM
In response to Croppin Momma

Hi Ladies! Just checking in... and I'm all caught up again. I'm hoping to be able to work on my BOM page tonight or tomorrow... probably the latter...lol... as I've got to go pick up 2 of the boys from school in about an hour, quick do some homework until 4:45, go to the church to donate blood at 5pm, pick up remaining son from track practice and get youngest son to soccer practice from 6-8... then dinner... blah blah blah. Hmmm - definitely tomrrow! LOL

Sherrise
Mayor
Sherrise
In response to wendyjo

Love you gabby girls! I'll catch up when I get home, sneaking on to take a peek while I'm at work!!

Kellmorris
Governor
Kellmorris
In response to Croppin Momma

Thanks for the translation of NASCAR, I can see i wasn't missing anything exciting!!

Chelsea your BOM page was featured today.

Off to make my vintage ATCs for the swap next to start my lift for here.

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo

Good Afternon Ladies....

Thank you for all the nice comments on my LO.

I saw Chelsea's BOM on the home page as well!! Nice work Chelsea!!

I hope you all have a great day! I now have all the products I need to start on my next project, but I can't seem to get off this computer!!

I'll check in later!!

chelseavantol
Expert
chelseavantol
In response to wendyjo

Thank you ladies for the nice comments on my BOM layout I saw it on the main page a couple of days ago... I called the fiance over to look and took a screenshot of it. I am such a nerd, but it was so exciting!! I saw wendyjo's BOM layout featured last night as well. GO critique group 3!!

OH and guess what!!?!!?! I got a cricut! Walmart had them reduced from $240 to $197 and cartridges down to $67 so I got the machine and a 'new arrivals' cartridge. It's just the regular - not the expression - but the expression is $500 everywhere here, and I think the original will suit me just fine. I had some GC's so I paid only $100 for it YAY!!!!!!

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo
In response to chelseavantol

Hey Chelsea,
Do you LOVE the cricut? I have one as well. Not the Espression either. I haven't gotten the Cricut Design Studio yet, but I heard that it will give the original Cricut all of the same features as the Expression, except obviously doesn't allow it to cut 12 inch paper and cut chipboard.

I love mine. I am waiting to get my free cartridges from Cricut. They had a deal in December, if you bought 2 cartridges in December, and mailed in your receipts, you would get a free cartridges. They gave you a list to choose from. I bought four cartridges in December, so I am waiting on two free cartridges. It has been almost 8 weeks. I hope it didn't get lost.

That is cool that my BOM was on the home page. I wish I could have saw it. I wondered how certain LO's got featured.

You all have a good day!!

Oh, Bev, I have a gal that should be contacting you about joining the group. I hope it is OK. Are we still excepting new members?

Page 7 of 437 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics