Username Post: COF Critique Group #3--Why not join us!        (Topic#1452287)
Sherrise
Mayor
Sherrise
In response to wendyjo

Hi Girls!! I think you gals are the BEST too!! I'm sorry if I've not been around much these past few days, just busy with my daughter's birthday, Valentine's day, and then My hubby's birthday right in a row! This weekend may be better.. we have some secret guests coming though! It's a surprise for hubby! His son's flying up from Georgia, and all his kids are gonna show up here tomorrow. This was a 'big birthday' and they wanted to share it with him. He'll be delighted!!

I'll catch up individually on Saturday, hopefully!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to Croppin Momma

• Croppin' Momma Said:
Hey Everyone. Sorry that I have been MIA for the last couple of days. With the wedding and everything this weekend I spent a lot of time with the kids Monday and last night and I still have a TON of laundry to do. Yuck! I will attempt to catch up on LO and comments today and tomorrow. Sorry!

Hi Nicole!! I am off to try to catch up on your gallery! Great to see ya. I hope you were able to take lots of photos at the wedding. I just love weddings. They always make me smile!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to lcmemories

Melissa, I read your post about being on medical leave. Are you doing ok? Oh, I wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog too! I don't blog very regularly, but I am trying to update that a little more often.

I would love to have some time home, but I just started my latest job this past September. No paid vacation until at least September of this year . . . I'll probably use that for our family vacation. I think we are going back to Disney World this year. I just love that place, and it has been so much fun taking Sam. The magic seems to double when you are there with your kiddo.

Edited by Laura C on 02-21-08 11:02 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Kell, big hugs coming your way! Those long days can be brutal. Sounds like a perfect excuse for a long hot soak in the tub.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Sherrise, the surprise for your hubby sounds terrific!! I hope you and your family have a great time! You have been busy if you have had two birthdays and Valentine's day right there together. Just remember to take lots of photos!!!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to wendyjo

• wendyjo Said:
Good Evening Ladies...trying to keep up. I learned my lesson last week. You all have a good evening, will check back later!!

Hi Wendy!! I hope you are having a great week. At least it is finally Friday!!

Ok, sorry for the multiple posts, but it was the easiest way for me to catch up.

To everyone else, "Happy Friday", and I hope to have a lo or two to share later this weekend. Take care!!

MelissaW
Queen
MelissaW

• Laura C Said:
Melissa, I read your post about being on medical leave. Are you doing ok? Oh, I wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog too! I don't blog very regularly, but I am trying to update that a little more often.

I am now. I was off because I had emergency surgery in January. At that time, I found out I had endometriosis. I have a c-section-type incision on my abdomen and I'm about 5 weeks post-op, so I'm doing a lot better.

They weren't able to get all of the endometrial cells in the surgery, so my doctor put me into menopause for the next few months to try to kill off the remaining cells. The only reason I didn't go back to work sooner is because I was worried about the side effects of the depo lupron that causes the menopause, but so far it seems to be OK.

It gave me the chance to remember why I love being a SAHM. I hope that my husband and I can get ourselves back into a financial situation where I can do that again. I really am not wanting to work today. (Hence the reason I'm here on sb.com ! LOL!)

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo
In response to MelissaW

Good Morning Ladies!!! Happy Friday to you all!! It is actually Tuesday in my work week. I have Tuesdays and Wednesday's off. I am just telling everyone hello before I am off to work!! Have a good one!! Happy scrappin to those how can!!

Kellmorris
Governor
Kellmorris
In response to MelissaW

I am so mad.... I just wrote a huge post and pressed the back browser and lost it all

so to start all over again!!!

Bev you are on a roll with your lifts, nice work.. but why has one of them be disabled from embedding? was it naughty stuff??

Beth, warn your DH that using your craft room is definitely grounds for divorce!!!

Sherrise, hope your weekend goes well, I am off to your gallery in a minute to choose my lift, so many wonderful choice, how will i ever choose?

Laura, what a good idea of yours for me to soak in a bath full of bubbles, you know me so well!! :smile : What is your job now? you said you had just changed, I didn't realise that?

Mellissa, sorry to hear about your endometriosis. That can't be at all nice. i hope they manges to clear it completely.

it was at this point I lost my message because I was laughing at my computer trying to spell check.
The computer thinks endometriosis should be, cliometricians or econometricians or biometrics's or isometrically or econometrics's..... any of those you fancy instead???

Happy Friday to everyone then except Wendy, happy midweek to you.

I am off to a scrap tomorrow, and i have 22 vintage ATCs to make, I have prepared all the embellishments and will assemble them tomorrow. Do Sherrise lift and i have another Lo to do for another group and i entered " I love flowers" but couldn't find a BIG flower, so I might give that a miss.

MelissaW
Queen
MelissaW
In response to Kellmorris

• Kellmorris Said:

Mellissa, sorry to hear about your endometriosis. That can't be at all nice. i hope they manges to clear it completely.

it was at this point I lost my message because I was laughing at my computer trying to spell check.
The computer thinks endometriosis should be, cliometricians or econometricians or biometrics's or isometrically or econometrics's..... any of those you fancy instead???

Well any of them HAVE to be better than endometriosis.

I can't wait to see your new work!

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.
In response to MelissaW

• MelissaW Said:
  • Laura C Said:

I am now. I was off because I had emergency surgery in January. At that time, I found out I had endometriosis. I have a c-section-type incision on my abdomen and I'm about 5 weeks post-op, so I'm doing a lot better.

They weren't able to get all of the endometrial cells in the surgery, so my doctor put me into menopause for the next few months to try to kill off the remaining cells. The only reason I didn't go back to work sooner is because I was worried about the side effects of the depo lupron that causes the menopause, but so far it seems to be OK.

It gave me the chance to remember why I love being a SAHM. I hope that my husband and I can get ourselves back into a financial situation where I can do that again. I really am not wanting to work today. (Hence the reason I'm here on sb.com ! LOL!)

Melissa:

I had endometriosis too but the doctors didn't realize it until I had my hysterectomy about 4 years ago. You will feel sooooo much better once you're completely healed!

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.
In response to Kellmorris

Kelli...my DH already knows he's on borrowed time! Our dog knocked a table over and it landed on his laptop and broke the screen. He's waiting for bonus time in a few weeks to get another one. We moved into a new house last summer and he STILL has not finished his office. That will also be done at bonus time too or he'll be living in his truck! I'm not allowed to decorate "his room" and it's driving me nuts!

Melissa, Laura and Bev thanks for taking the time to go through my gallery and leave some love! Geeze y'all spent a bunch of time there! I'd love some contstructive criticism also...always looking to improve.
I'm hoping to get some pages done this weekend but I have a few other things to get done and we've got tickets to the ballet on Sunday. Perhaps I'll get a picture of my husband sleeping through it and have some goofy lo material! Need to get back to work Have a good afternoon!

Beth

chelseavantol
Expert
chelseavantol
In response to BethG.

Grrrrrrrrrr!! My internet has not been working well for the last two days.

I pulled out the cricut last night (couldn't resist) and WOW I love it! I made a little card for my friend:

Baby Boy Card

I was also contacted by srapbook art e-zine .. they want to publish my "bridal showers" and "me right now" layouts. I haven't been able to get my net working long enough to check it out yet.. I'm not sure if I wil go for it or not.

Hope you ladies have a great weekend - tommorrow is the start of my move so I may not be on too much for the next couple of weeks.

Kellmorris
Governor
Kellmorris
In response to chelseavantol

• chelseavantol Said:
Grrrrrrrrrr!! My internet has not been working well for the last two days.

I pulled out the cricut last night (couldn't resist) and WOW I love it! I made a little card for my friend:

Baby Boy Card

I was also contacted by srapbook art e-zine .. they want to publish my "bridal showers" and "me right now" layouts. I haven't been able to get my net working long enough to check it out yet.. I'm not sure if I will go for it or not.

Hope you ladies have a great weekend - tomorrow is the start of my move so I may not be on too much for the next couple of weeks.

Great job on being selected for publication, maybe after your move you will feel more up to it.

Sweet little card, I am useless at making them!

Good luck with your move, we look forward to having you back.

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.
In response to chelseavantol

OMG it's so neat you've received a publishing offer! If I were you I'd take it just for the experience!

Good luck on your move!

Beth

MelissaW
Queen
MelissaW
In response to BethG.

You guys!!!

I have AWESOME news. Well... nothing to do with scrapping. But I got offered a new job at work today! It would go to a full-time position. I would work for a different boss. I would make THREE TIMES my current salary. AND I'd get to keep the school year schedule I currently have!

Life is so good for me today.

And CONGRATULATIONS to you, Chelsea, for the pub offer! That's AWESOME!

Croppin Momma
Pro
Croppin Momma
In response to BethG.

Hey Everybody! I think that I added everyone to my friends list, but if you didn't get a request from me let me know.

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to MelissaW

"Bev you are on a roll with your lifts, nice work.. but why has one of them be disabled from embedding? was it naughty stuff?? "

No, big deal. It just means the person didn't check the box to allow public embedding. You can still look it up the old way by the web address.

And, congrats to Chelsea and Melissa (and hope that helps you get better faster).

I'm hoping to get a lot of scrapping done tonight!

MelissaW
Queen
MelissaW
In response to BethG.

• BethG. Said:

Melissa:

I had endometriosis too but the doctors didn't realize it until I had my hysterectomy about 4 years ago. You will feel sooooo much better once you're completely healed!

Wow! I've read stories of women who had it a long time and never knew. I was in so much pain that I couldn't stand it and I only had a fist-sized tumor. The thing that made it painful was where it was located, though. It was putting pressure on my bladder and other organs down there and it was irritating my abdominal cavity.

I'm glad you were able to catch it, though, even though it took a hysterectomy. I was lucky to only lose a fallopian tube and ovary. I can still have kids, as long as this depo lupron treatment works and takes care of the stray cells.

Anyhow, enough gabbing. I think I want to scrap some today. I've been feeling kind of lazy the past few days!

chelseavantol
Expert
chelseavantol
In response to MelissaW

MELISSA - that is awesome!!!! more $$ for scrapbooking supplies :P lol super congrats. I hope you feel better health-wise soon.

I am off to our going away party this evening, hope to take lots of pics for a LO

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics