Username Post: HOW to scan 12 x12 pages        (Topic#1452429)
jillybean76
Tenant
jillybean76

HOw do you scan 12 x 12 scrapbook pages without a 12 x 12 scanner? So many people have their layouts in the gallery and they look so nice but I have resorted to taking pictures of my pages with my digital camera since I only have an 8 1/2 x 11 flatbead scanner. Any ideas? I thought I read in a magazine once something about "stitching" the pages together once scanned, but really didn't understand how to do it.

Nancy Keslin
Queen
Nancy Keslin
In response to jillybean76

I use a program from arcsoft called scan n stitch. Although I had to pay for it, it is so easy to use it made it worth it to me. There are others available that are free.

Kristie Bentley
Mayor
Kristie Bentley
In response to Nancy Keslin

You can use Photomerge on Photoshop. You have to scan each side, rotate the upside down half, and save both. You should have two documents open, and go to File>Photomerge. It will stitch it for you.

Arcsoft is great....I downloaded the demo and burned it to a CD. For the thicker pages with the fun embellies, you will get big shadows on your page....I just snap a digital photo of my layouts and crop out the background (my pages weigh 19 lbs). If you get shadows with the scanner, you can always put a towel or something over the scanner to shut out the extra light, which will minimize your shadows.

Hope this helps!

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to Kristie Bentley

I just take photos of my LO's cause I don't have a scanner and won't spend the $$$ just to scan LO's. I use Photoshop to make the photos readable. Its only the basic Photoshop though.

kdkaboom55
Idol
kdkaboom55
In response to DawnInAZ

ArcSoft is also nice because it has a 30-day free trial. I also recently discovered that HP ImageZone, the photo editing software that came with my last camera, has a stitch function as well (under "special projects" tab, the "panorama" function).

chattycat
Expert
chattycat
In response to kdkaboom55

I just recently figured out that the photomerge option in PSE really does do a good job. I tried a free 30 day trial of panoramafactory and it was difficult/too time-consuming.

I might try the Arcsoft and see if it does a better job than PSE

Good luck, there's nothing wrong with taking digi pics of your LO's. I still do it all the time and crop them in PSE

Ande
Ande 
Diva
Ande
  • Ande on 02-14-08 08:57 AM
In response to jillybean76

• jillybean76 Said:
HOw do you scan 12 x 12 scrapbook pages without a 12 x 12 scanner? So many people have their layouts in the gallery and they look so nice but I have resorted to taking pictures of my pages with my digital camera since I only have an 8 1/2 x 11 flatbead scanner. Any ideas? I thought I read in a magazine once something about "stitching" the pages together once scanned, but really didn't understand how to do it.

In your scanner...just scan one side and then the other ...I have a program called Panarama Maker 3....It is wonderful...very inexpensive...I got mine for $15 at an Office Max...they have them on line for $20....So scan each side and mine go in My Pictures...then open PM3 and find your Scans and drag one down and then the other down and click next and there you are...all done. Click on save and give it a name and save in where ever you want to...I have a folder in My Pictures for LO's...PM me if you would like the link to their web site...Carol

scrapinboyz
Expert
scrapinboyz
In response to Ande

I use Arcsoft Panorama Maker 3...it came with my HP all in one printer. It works great. I open it and it gives me the option to scan right from it so that saves a step.

When I want to get all the details I'll actually do 4 scans but usually I just do 2 and lose a little from the top and bottom.

I have a dark hand towel I keep near the computer so I can place it over top my LO as I'm scanning to keep the extra light out.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to scrapinboyz

I made a blog that has a link to free software that will stitch together your 12x12 layouts along with helps:
Scanning 12x12 layouts

Miss Em
Veteran
Miss Em
In response to Vivian loves BLING

OMG!!!!! I never knew. I have been taking pictures of my LO and they turn out horrible. I am so excited to try this. You guys are a LO saver!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics