Page 2 of 2 
Username Post: Wondering how some of you have solved this dilemna        (Topic#1452993)
Love 2 Learn
Guru
Love 2 Learn
In response to scrapinboyz

• scrapinboyz Said:

---
one where a couple married and had children and a few generations later thier gggggrandchildren married. So i have a one set of gggggggrandparents twice. I dont know i'm so lost LOL!!!!
---
I've got that too...heck my own grandmother was her own 3rd cousin LOL

Not meaning to be rude, but I am seriously LMAO!!!
I am currently working on 2 heritage albums for my family. I have been sorting old photos, researching family trees, gathering missing photos, searching for documents, etc.

I haven't even gotten to the part of deciding how to arrange my album, and after reading this, I'm really really scared!!!!!

I hope someone has a good answer to these questions, cause I'm gonna need help!!!

Stephanie D
Guru
Stephanie D
In response to Love 2 Learn

depending on the amount of photos you have i would just pick a last name a make a albam about each family line going by husbans name. Then for the off shoot of the main line eather full albam or mini albams

Judes
Judes 
Expert
Judes
  • Judes on 03-21-08 04:28 PM
In response to Stephanie D

Your grandmother Lamb would go in the Lamb Family
Album as soon as she married. She is in the Milson Family Album up until her marriage.

Aunts, uncles, cousins, friend and such are put into the album which is the proper time frame for the picture(chronological).

Grandparents are in the surname album of grandpa. When your ancestor, their child, marries, those same grandparents are continued in their married child's album chronologically.

As a result of this system, your closest surnames will be the biggest/most albums, i. e., 10 generations of Lamb, Milton, etc., marriages. Earlier surnames for which don't have many pages can be put in a Misc. Surnames album alphabetically.

Edited by Judes on 03-21-08 09:14 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Page 2 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics