Page 4 of 147 
Username Post: PaperCuts ____ ____ ! (full and active)        (Topic#1453229)
Diva
In response to lovestoscrap3000

Shiny, I've learned something already! I had no idea how to embed images here, lol!

Welp, if you're sure having a Weird Crafter like me in the group is okay, okay.

I've got a project I need to get to work on, but I -hurt- today and don't feel like sitting at the table. I may just pack up my goodies and bring them to work in bed.

I've got a sheet of plain grungeboard, and I want to do an accordian album for ATC display. I picked up the individual sleeves yesterday to attach to pages, so the cards can be removed. Now I just need to cut the paper and make the cover.

I'm wondering if I shouldn't use the red Tacky Tape for attaching the page sections for the accordian fold, because of the potential weight of the pieces. Suggestions, ladies?

janet28rn
Queen
janet28rn
In response to TableScraps

Christy: I just joined my first critique group (after almost two years here... wow) but am LOVING it thus far and would love to join your group too!

Paper Cuts is my favorite name thus far... just my two cents.

I'll be back later or tomorrow to introduce myself and catch up on posts!

Saucier131
Diva
Saucier131

So I am sitting here (pause for full effect)...with my HUBBY and we are working on a page together. Just had to share that. He is currently sitting in front of my Cricut with a serious look of determination on his face cutting out letters...all I had to do to lure him in was entice him with a football layout! LOL! (He'd SO kill me if he knew I was even exposing his crafty side! LOL!)

Saucier131
Diva
Saucier131
In response to *jesse*

• *jesse* Said:
Ruh-Roh... a PERSONAL challenge!!

How long has everyone been scrapping? I originally started when I was in high school (10 years ago!) but then got out of it for several years; I've been doing "modern" sbing for about 2 years now.

First...Jesse has inspired a CHALLENGE! I propose that we each do a page that includes and old picture of ourselves with a theme of what we we would say if we could give words of wisdom to "that girl back then!" What does everyone think about that?

Also, so as not to post 3 in a row...I will throw in here a little of my history. Been scrapping for a little less than 2 years. 29 years old and never thought I had a creative bone in my body and then one day I got sick of looking at all of my boxes of pictures in my closet and ding dong! The light went on and my scrapping obsession was born. Started out really slow...I look back at some of my early work and giggle. And I thought it was SO good! Well, I guess it was so good. and still is. I've just evolved. That's why I'm so psyched to be a part of this group...so I can continue to evolve and be a part of helping others evolve as well!

Now, I am signing off to help my husband pick the letters off of the Cricut cutting mat...he doesn't quite have the patience for that part..just likes to push the buttons!

Diva
In response to Saucier131

....... I like it. I don't scrapbook, but it would make an awesome ATC!

I'm Pooka, and I approve this challenge.

I've got the ATC book I mentioned earlier almost complete. Got all the accordian pages cut, inked, stamped, and put together, got all the sleeves adhered, and the covers all but completed -- I just need to go back and colour in the areas I bleached inside the cover and back cover stamps.

I'll get pics when it's finally complete.

cpowife
Mayor
cpowife

Good evening ladies! Had kind of a busy day here so I wasnt on much at all today. I can see there is already a bunch for me to catch up on. That might not be until tomorrow though.

Thanks for all the critiques on my yellow roses lo! I can see what you mean about the black helping it pop a little but I think I am going to leave it as is for awhile. It was for a challenge on another thread and I feel like I would be cheating if I changed it now before the challenge ends ya know? I will prob. change it after though.

Hope you all have a great night! "see" ya tomorrow!

Diva
In response to cpowife

Yeah, black WOULD pop ... but it might be too much. The page has a good soft look already, and black would be a LOT of contrast. How about, instead, a deep or burnt orange to reflect the center of the roses, since it would provide more continuity and not disturb the soft look, while still making a pop happen?

... okay, okay, I'm partial to that sort of color scheme (if all the earth tones in my gallery isn't proof enough). I admit, I'm biased.

cpowife
Mayor
cpowife
In response to PookasCrayon

Burnt orange---now there is an idea!

As you guys can tell from my gallery, I tend to stay on the very simple side of things. Would love to different stuff but I get scared! lol!

lovestoscrap3000
Idol
lovestoscrap3000
In response to cpowife

Here is a LO I did tonight..It's 2 pages. I really like it..so let me know what you guys think..

BTW, a little info on me..I have been scrapping for about 9 years. I started working in a scrapbooking store, then was big into CM. My friend got me into stamping and now Im really hooked! I love all kinds of scrapping stuff. LOVE bling. I love altered projects too. Just a little on me.

wedding LO
By Lovestoscrap3000

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*

Shawna- the song is Letter to Me, and it came out right after I did that page! I would like to have used that. Maybe I can do another.

This is a talkative group... I like it! I was part of a CJ that is over but still together, but we don't "talk" as much as we used to and I miss it. SBing is a lot more fun with friends, and since I don't have friends in person that do it, it's great to have online friends.

Saucier131
Diva
Saucier131
In response to *jesse*

Jesse - I am in the same boat! I have one friend that scraps and she's in VT and I am in NY so we barely ever get to see each other and when we do...we shop...alot! lol! I love having online scrapping buddies! Below are the fruits of my (collaborative with hubby) effort to do a sports layout - it's so much easier for me to do girly stuff but I like the way this came out! Critique away ladies - I will get caught up on everyone else's uploads in the morning. for now, I am going to catch some zzzz's. Nite!

#1 Fans By Saucier131

Saucier131
Diva
Saucier131

PS - I think tomorrow I might add a challenge to scrap a "Letter to Me" type lo. Be on the lookout - I'll keep you all posted!

TableScraps
Mayor
TableScraps

Ok...so many things that i need to say...lets hope i remember them all! LOL!

First, welcome Janet!!! YAY!!

Next, I wanted to give major thanks for instructions on image embedding, it has now been added to the 2nd post where our roster is!

Next, I am 28 yrs old and i have been scrapping since summer 2004. I got forced into it by my sister in law when i was VERY pregnant with my 2nd DD. I still haven't really found my niche, but i am trying.

Next, and please NOTE: you do not need to change your layouts if you don't want to or aren't ready or whatever..all that we ask is that you listen and consider what we have to say. Give and take what you will with this group with no worries!

and now i REALLLLY need to go to bed. I actually went out tonight with my hubby and another couple, and it's 12:30 and i am dead tired. Yes, i am THAT old! you know you're a parent when!!!!

kit-cat
Diva
kit-cat
In response to Lilgem

thanks for all the luv you all have sent me ...

Diva
In response to kit-cat

You are NOT that old, Christy -- it's kids that do it to us! Heck, you're substantially younger than -I- am!

Diva
In response to PookasCrayon

ATC book -- Cover
By PookasCrayon

Here's the cover for the ATC book I was talking about. Other pics of it, including back cover, and some of the inside, are in my gallery. I had a lot of fun doing this.

Now I need to make another -- I'm already out of room in it!

Saucier131
Diva
Saucier131

• lovestoscrap3000 Said:
Here is a LO I did tonight..It's 2 pages. I really like it..so let me know what you guys think..

Jessica - one thelpful hint that I think would really help you in displaying your layouts online. Prop your pictures upright as straight as you can when you take pictures of them so that you can avoid any distracting background (ie., table, carpet, etc.) Almost all computers come stocked with some sort of editing software so that you can "trim" out the extra stuff around your layout. Then when you post it, those viewing will be solely focused on your beautiful layouts and not the background distracting stuff. If you have questions about trimming/cropping/editing software, I'll be glad to help. Hope this helps!! :smile :

Saucier131
Diva
Saucier131

Happy Saturday ladies!!! Hoping to get a page done today - going to check out a house a friend is putting an offer in on lateron this morning but will be checking in from time to time. Hope everyone has a FANTABULOUS day!

TableScraps
Mayor
TableScraps

OMG! I am sooooo tired and BLEH today....i just want to curl up and SLEEEEEEEP!!!!
I don't think that i will be accomplishing ANYTHING today!!! *Zzzzzzzzzz*

chattycat
Expert
chattycat

Whoa--look what happens when you curl up on the sofa fighting a nasty case of some garbage your kid brought home from the petri dish.

Good morning ladies!!

Looks like I missed a ton since 8:00pm and I've been spending the past hour catching up. This group is a movin' happenin' place!

Shawna-love your challenge idea. I've not really done a challenge before so how long do you all think we should get to attempt this?
Also, just want you to know, hubby hails from Mass and has converted this NY girl to Pats/Red Sox second most crazed fan status so I LOVED--well actually WE loved your latest LO!! and the superbowl was fixed...

And finally, I'm (gasp) 37 but not a day over 29 and I've been scrappin for 3 years. A friend at our last duty assignment in El Paso somehow convinced me my hubby needed a book covering his Army career and I fell for it. (she was a CM consultant and horribly disappointed in me when I quickly broke all the "rules")

My style is very linear,graphic,clean no-fuss kinda girl. I struggle with pages like the one I just did so this will be an amazing learning experience for me.

You guys are great already! I'll be checkin in throughout the weekend but I don't know if I feel up to scrappin

Have a good one!

Page 4 of 147 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics