Page 5 of 147 
Username Post: PaperCuts ____ ____ ! (full and active)        (Topic#1453229)
janet28rn
Queen
janet28rn
In response to chattycat

Christy: We all have those days... enjoy just vegging if you can!

Ok I said I'd be back with intros... so here goes.

My name is Janet and I am 25 years old. I live in Toledo, Ohio with my husband of 2.5 years (Ryan) and our dog, Olivia. I am a pediatric nurse practitioner. I have been scrapping since high school - My mom and I did a HUGE book for my graduation and I have been hooked ever since. I have been on sb.com for almost 2 years now and love it. I recently joined another critique group and am enjoying it thus far - the suggestions I get from others are wonderful and not at all "critical". Hopefully we will all find the same comfort level here and our scrapping/crafting will improve because of it.

I look forward to getting to know you all better and seeing your work. I am not scrapping this weekend (that I know of yet) but do have many crops coming up soon which is where I get the bulk of my scrapping done. I have two great groups of family/friends that I try to get together with at least once a month.

cpowife
Mayor
cpowife
In response to janet28rn

Good morning ladies!

Here's a little info on me---My name is Stacey and I am 34 years old. I am a proud Navy wife and have 3 kids. 2 of them are human! I have a almost 16 (in April)year old daughter and a 14 yeard old son. I also have a 10 month old yellow (white) lab puppy. I have been scrapping for about 2 years. Always wanted to try it but was unsure of myself, so one Christmas, hubby got me a bunch of stuff and wrapped it all together. He doesn't complain about how much I spend on this hobby since he is the one that created the monster. lol! My scrapping style tends to be on the very simple side of things. I am hoping to learn a lot from this group.

cpowife
Mayor
cpowife
In response to cpowife

Oh yeah, I forgot to add that I am a stay at home mom who tends to be on here more than at my scrap table! lol!

kit-cat
Diva
kit-cat
In response to TableScraps

hello good moring to all my peoples ha ha lo I put more lo and a new clip board up One is peace out another one is my husbnd and then a clip board.

Lilgem
Lilgem 
Idol
Lilgem
In response to kit-cat

Hi everyone!

Just checking in. I am at work again today, and have to work tomorrow but it will probably be very slow tomorrow, so I'll be able to read all the posts and leave some love/comments on everyone's work thus far. Ps, I love the challenge idea about doing a "letter to me" I have never done just an LO of myself...hope everyone has a great day! "see" you guys tomorrow!!

xoxox

TableScraps
Mayor
TableScraps
In response to Lilgem

You know Janet you got me thinking...i really hate the word Critique/critic/critical...it sounds sooo bad!!! LOL! So maybe once we get our name it'll be the "_____ _______ suggestions and support group!"

Saucier131
Diva
Saucier131
In response to chattycat

Hey girlies - only had a quick second, but wanted to upload this one for critiquing - entered into the Funkified Challenge which challenged participants to do a layout inspired by the bright and ecclectic work of Kristie Bentley. Be back later to catch up!

U Rock My World By Saucier131

Diva
In response to Saucier131

Shawna ... clearly, you love color, and aren't afraid to use it, which is AWESOME! I love looking through your gallery. It always manages to brighten my day.

AnnsWorld
Veteran
AnnsWorld
In response to PookasCrayon

i just spent 20 minutes catching up lol... just dropping by to get myself updated... it's been a busy weekend so hopefully i get a page done by monday...

AnnsWorld
Veteran
AnnsWorld

that LO sure is funky! very lively i love that orange!

TableScraps
Mayor
TableScraps
In response to AnnsWorld

How is everyone here doing?? Are we all still here? Is everyone keeping up? Is there too much talking?(if you think so you can just skim a little)...

WHAT ARE WE DOING FOR OUR NAME?!?!?!

Saucier131
Diva
Saucier131
In response to chattycat

• chattycat Said:
Whoa--look what happens when you curl up on the sofa fighting a nasty case of some garbage your kid brought home from the petri dish.

Good morning ladies!!

Looks like I missed a ton since 8:00pm and I've been spending the past hour catching up. This group is a movin' happenin' place!

Shawna-love your challenge idea. I've not really done a challenge before so how long do you all think we should get to attempt this?
Also, just want you to know, hubby hails from Mass and has converted this NY girl to Pats/Red Sox second most crazed fan status so I LOVED--well actually WE loved your latest LO!! and the superbowl was fixed...

And finally, I'm (gasp) 37 but not a day over 29 and I've been scrappin for 3 years. A friend at our last duty assignment in El Paso somehow convinced me my hubby needed a book covering his Army career and I fell for it. (she was a CM consultant and horribly disappointed in me when I quickly broke all the "rules")

My style is very linear,graphic,clean no-fuss kinda girl. I struggle with pages like the one I just did so this will be an amazing learning experience for me.

You guys are great already! I'll be checkin in throughout the weekend but I don't know if I feel up to scrappin

Have a good one!

Glad you [BOTH] enjoyed the Pats layout! I too am a NY girl who married a Worcester, MA boy...and I am now almost as die hard about the Pats and Sox as he is! LOL! Hope you are able to ward off the petri dish virus! PS - Oh yeah - the Superbowl was DEFINITELY fixed!

Saucier131
Diva
Saucier131

• PookasCrayon Said:
Shawna ... clearly, you love color, and aren't afraid to use it, which is AWESOME! I love looking through your gallery. It always manages to brighten my day.

I DO love color...the brighter the better! And I am glad I brighten your day - your words of confidence have definitely brightened my day and are priceless and appreciated!

PS - I am still planning on doing a "Letter to Me" challenge - will hopefully get something up tomorrow! (Gonna give at least a month, maybe longer to complete because I think this one is personal and going to take some reflection on the part of the scrapper!) Going to be great!

Nite everyone - I am settling in to watch "Good Luck Chuck!"

janet28rn
Queen
janet28rn
In response to TableScraps

• yoginiscraps Said:
You know Janet you got me thinking...i really hate the word Critique/critic/critical...it sounds sooo bad!!! LOL! So maybe once we get our name it'll be the "_____ _______ suggestions and support group!"

ONE more reason to stick with "Paper Cuts" alone.

janet28rn
Queen
janet28rn
In response to janet28rn

OK... a few questions:

Is this thread for chatting/posting layouts/critiquing/some of the above/ all of the above?
--> Perhaps a suggestion from me would be to LINK or EMBED all layouts that we are asking for critiques on to this thread (or maybe another if this thread is too long, but so far I think we will be fine and our group is small enough).
-->Also, should we critique in the galleries or on the thread? (My two cents is in the galleries... on the thread I think it gets hard to know what layout you are talking about unless you quote it or reference it and that tends to make the thread longer)
Re: critiques (the word Christy hates) - how about SUGGESTIONS or COMMENTS instead as those sound more "positive"

Diva
In response to janet28rn

I still totally dig Paper Cuts. It's just so ... so .... *rofl* So me.

cpowife
Mayor
cpowife

Good morning ladies!

I really like Paper cuts also!

Saucier131
Diva
Saucier131

Mornin' girlies! Good news! I found out last night that I won (well, tied for 1st) my first challenge (Say it With Words Challenge)! Woo Hoo! In response to Janet's ponderings, I feel like this started out simply as a critiquing group, but everyone's so great that it evolved into a critiquing (or suggestion/support - for those of you that don't like the "c" word..wink, wink) and group of friends that converse about all sorts of things related to life and whatever art we are creating. I don't know how everyone else feels, but I love it the way it is. Not a fan of rules or restrictions...I like to get and give support and learn about my fellow forum members in the process. Thoughts?

So, on that note, I want to share with my forum buddies the layout that won the challenge - let me know what you think - I think I mentioned before, go ahead and comment right in my gallery - I can take it!

Home Safe By Saucier131

Diva

You made me tear up, Shawna.

We're former military. He enlisted during Desert Shield, which rapidly turned into Desert Storm.

Managing to make me tear up, when it's not even me involved, says a lot. You did good.

Saucier131
Diva
Saucier131

Deanne - must admit, I was going for some tears on that layout! lol! It was the best day of my life and I commend all of our military that have served and are still serving - but I especially commend their wives...it's so hard to be brave and "hold down fort" at home without our other halves!

So...I have posted the Letter to me Challenge! I'm so excited to see what kinds of submissions we get on this one - I limited the # of submissions to 20 but I want all of your girls to be able to participate if you want to so now that I think more about it, I am going to edit the post and remove the limitation on the number of entries. Here is the link:

MARCH/Letter to Me Challenge

I am off to work (on a Sunday no less!) to catch up on some long-overdue projects. Hope everyone enjoys their Sunday and hope you all check out my new challenge!!

Page 5 of 147 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics