Username Post: Plastic Album Covers        (Topic#1453623)
MomWolf
Idol
MomWolf

I have a 12 x 12 two-toned Darice pink album I'm working on for my dd. The covers are fabric and I want to keep the original plastic cover on it to protect the fabric from getting dirty. Problem is, as I add more pages and embellies, the plastic cover isn't large enough to contain the entire album. Has anyone run into this problem?

I'm thinking of cutting the cover down the middle, where the "spine" of a book would be, and somehow glue it to the front and back covers. (The album is a post-bound album, btw.)

Has anyone tried this and has it worked? Thanks.

Tivi
Tivi 
Diva
Tivi
  • Tivi on 02-24-08 05:38 AM
In response to MomWolf

I haven't had problems with the plastic covers not being big enough. The ones I use have "extra" on the inside of the back cover. As the album gets bigger, I keep adjusting the size of the cover. I use Colorbok albums (12x12 & 8x8), and always keep the covers on the albums. It's so dusty in the desert and it's hard to get the dust off fabric albums.
If you only keep them on temporarily, could you cut down the spine and then glue the 2 sides to a piece of vinyl (the vinyl being the new spine of the cover)?
So, are we our grammas - keeping the plastic on the lamp shades to keep them clean for company???

MomWolf
Idol
MomWolf
In response to Tivi

• Tivi Said:
I haven't had problems with the plastic covers not being big enough. The ones I use have "extra" on the inside of the back cover. As the album gets bigger, I keep adjusting the size of the cover. I use Colorbok albums (12x12 & 8x8), and always keep the covers on the albums. It's so dusty in the desert and it's hard to get the dust off fabric albums.
If you only keep them on temporarily, could you cut down the spine and then glue the 2 sides to a piece of vinyl (the vinyl being the new spine of the cover)?
So, are we our grammas - keeping the plastic on the lamp shades to keep them clean for company???

Mine never had the plastic on the lampshades or the sofas, though I've heard of people who did.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics