Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: where to get textured/glittered/etc cardstock?        (Topic#1453931)
Leah Schaeffer
Tenant
Leah Schaeffer

Every time I scrap I wish I had some more decorative papers. Glittery, textured, simmer, whatever to give my pages a pop. Without having to buy each page seperate at a store does anyone know where to get a bundle anywhere, reasonalbly priced? They have sets at stores but they seem so expensive and don't have much variety.

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 02-26-08 09:07 AM
In response to Leah Schaeffer

Try your local JA. They have DCWV and also generally sell individual pages in multiple sizes if you have a larger store.
Good luck!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

Die Cuts With a View has & includes the kinds of papers that you might be looking for...

HTH!

Picture Happy
Governor
Picture Happy

• mrsbebo Said:
Every time I scrap I wish I had some more decorative papers. Glittery, textured, simmer, whatever to give my pages a pop. Without having to buy each page seperate at a store does anyone know where to get a bundle anywhere, reasonalbly priced? They have sets at stores but they seem so expensive and don't have much variety.

I just tried Stickles and it makes it very easy to put that glitter on existing paper that you have.

There is a buch of different colors, but the clear is my favorite, b/c it just gives it a glittery effect.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Picture Happy
Governor
Picture Happy
In response to KellyCali

• KellyCali Said:
Die Cuts With a View has & includes the kinds of papers that you might be looking for...

HTH!

I just got the pocket full of posies pack and it is very pretty!

Heather_Rochelle
Guru
Heather_Rochelle
In response to Picture Happy

Colorbok has really pretty textured papers i bought a whole book form walmart for a cheap price

MissScrapsAlot
Mayor
MissScrapsAlot
In response to Heather_Rochelle

Die Cuts With a View has what they call stacks. They have glitter cardstock stacks, tetured cardstock stacks, and speciality paper stacks (like All Occassion Glitter). I usually get mine at Joann's. Hope that helps!

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Heather_Rochelle

Bazzill Bling is nice shimmery cs. I love it! I have the glitter stack. I have used a few of the pages.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

• mrsbebo Said:
...Without having to buy each page seperate at a store does anyone know where to get a bundle anywhere, reasonalbly priced? They have sets at stores but they seem so expensive and don't have much variety.

p.s. To save some $$$ on the DCWV packs at Joanns, you might want to wait until they have either a 40% off SALE or coupon in the paper.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

• Quote:

Oooo & congrats! (You'll LOVE it!...It's still one of my all-time very favorite packs by DCWV!)

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

• Quote:
I just tried Stickles and it makes it very easy to put that glitter on existing paper that you have.

There is a buch of different colors, but the clear is my favorite, b/c it just gives it a glittery effect.

VERY Great Tip!

Leah Schaeffer
Tenant
Leah Schaeffer
In response to KellyCali

i seriously love coming on her. girls i think its quickly becoming addictive. i will look at everyones suggestions so i really really appreciate it! keep em' coming!

Picture Happy
Governor
Picture Happy
In response to KellyCali

• KellyCali Said:
  • Quote:

Oooo & congrats! (You'll LOVE it!...It's still one of my all-time very favorite packs by DCWV!)

It is very pretty. I've only used it once so far, but for a paper pack, it's pretty good.

Normally there are a ton of papers that I know I'll never use and end up giving away in those packs, but this one I didn't have any extreme dislike and that's why I bought it.

Picture Happy
Governor
Picture Happy

• mrsbebo Said:
i seriously love coming on her. girls i think its quickly becoming addictive. i will look at everyones suggestions so i really really appreciate it! keep em' coming!

The people at Sc.com always rock when it comes to stuff like this!

And yes it's very addictive.

Leah Schaeffer
Tenant
Leah Schaeffer

whats pocket of posies? and where is it from?

Leah Schaeffer
Tenant
Leah Schaeffer

what is DCWV? i never know what anyone is saying on here because i don't know all the lingo yet.

Picture Happy
Governor
Picture Happy

• mrsbebo Said:
whats pocket of posies? and where is it from?

pocket full of posies is a paper line by Die Cuts With a View .

I linked the post to the superstore invetory so you can see.

Leah Schaeffer
Tenant
Leah Schaeffer

nevermind i just looked around~ Die Cuts With a View . i saw their stuff at michaels. but yes i might wait for a coupon because i'm cheap and $20 for paper is too much for me. i'm looking for the best deals EVER! (plus i just got my second cricut machine so i need to be price wary)

Picture Happy
Governor
Picture Happy

• mrsbebo Said:
what is DCWV? i never know what anyone is saying on here because i don't know all the lingo yet.

DCWV= Die Cuts With a View - A paper company.

Yeah, the abbrevations take a while to get used to, but you'll catch on before you know it.

Pattie G.
Idol
Pattie G.

Die Cuts With a View is a brand name (DCWV).
Pocketful of Posies is a paper stack that they make with floral papers and glitter on them. HTH! (hope that helps)
Here is a link (I hope it works) to help you understand what people are talking about...it helped me a lot!
http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showpost.php?post/34861...

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics