Username Post: Clear Stamps..        (Topic#1455259)
lornadoone
Tenant
lornadoone

I Know this might sound like a stupid question, but can anyone please let me know how to use the clear stamps? I am new at scrapbooking , and love the look that I have seen on people's LO's! Please any info would help... such as, what kind of ink to use and any other tools I need to use them! Thank you for any information!

Sincerely,
Laura Martin

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE
In response to lornadoone

Laura - clear stamps mount on a block like shown below, or you can get creative and mount them to something you already have (like a CD case). You dab the stamp on an ink pad, or even color it with safe markers, then stamp away!

You'll find them to be lots of fun!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to JHAWKEYE

Yep, I use a CD case for mine (although it cracked because I pushed too hard). Acrylic blocks are nice b/c they typically have the lines to guide you ... but they can be pricey.

god2006
Idol
god2006
In response to peenut_23

YEP I USE THE CD CASE ALSO AND I USE THE PLASTIC CLEAR LID THAT MY OFFICE PAPER CLIPS COME IN

Edited by god2006 on 03-06-08 11:11 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to god2006

After you are done stamping the design, you use stamp cleaner to clean the stamp and the block, then put the stamp back on the sheet it came on. HTH.

cynderellaj
Guru
cynderellaj
In response to siameseplease

You can also clean them with some water and a little dishsoap. I use a toothbrush to gently get in all the little crevices. FYI...if you use a darker colored ink, they will probably stain the stamps, but they are still very usable...in fact I find them a little easier to see when they are stained.

lots2scrap
Guru
lots2scrap
In response to cynderellaj

Mine stick to my acrylic block so much better now since I took them off the packaging they came on. I store them in clear plastic CD cases.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics