Page 1 of 143 
Username Post: Virtual Crop Week #53: Still Celebrating        (Topic#1455331)
moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

What is this thread about?

Well, things get quiet here on the weekends, so a thread was started to just hang out and do a virtual crop. Since then it's grown into more. Several people are now "regular" including myself. We chat about anything and everything. (Warning: Sometimes we stray into areas that may be considered "adult," although we always try to be tasteful about it.) We share our latest layouts, pictures, whatever interests us. We have fun and encourage each other.

It's now all week long, too. Since it is a new thread each week, it's easier for anyone to join. Even though we start over each week, it's STILL pages and pages long. Don't be intimidated, we are happy to have anyone drop by and say hello. Some of us read all the replies and keep up, but it is not required. Warning: It can get addictive!

Circle Journal Information:
I suggest 8x8 format because it's easy to do and will fit into a standard mailer.

It's everyone's choice to do either a single or a two page spread and to add whatever you want. Vivian, personally, would like to see a current photo, likes and dislikes on whatever, and something unusual about each person. Like for Liz/Moxie to show her extensive Stickles collection.

To keep things simple, do the same layout for everyone. You could change papers and such depending on your stash but keeping to the same design will make things much easier/faster and no one gets a better page from you than the next person. If someone is short on funds/time to make copies, digitals are acceptable. Even digital copies can be doctored up (read that as blinged) to make a hybrid layout.

PM those you want page(s) from and you'll be getting PMs from others in the Circle. Just let it be known you're interesting in doing this in the thread. This isn't just for VCWer, so if you want to add other people, go ahead. It's your album.

Please leave updates about yourself HERE . This is for those who can't be online as much as they would like to be.

Most of us also really love bling and encourage bling usage!

Come visit OUR GALLERY to meet some of the irregular regulars!

There are several of us who are dealing with weight/health issues, too, so we've started a HEALTHY CHALLENGE as a way to have support and accountability for whatever your goals may be.

So come on! Don't be bashful! And don't be afraid of the fact that this thread MOVES. Just jump in wherever we are, and we'll be glad to get you caught up on what's happening. We never know what we're going to talk about or how silly we will get.

WARNING: Reading of, or participation in, this thread could result in food or drink being sprayed across your computer.
Please practice proper food safety; eat and drink responsibly.

Edited by moxiegirl23 on 03-07-08 08:05 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to moxiegirl23

I think all the appropriate thread starting tasks have been accomplished correctly. I've started the thread, posted the blog, updated the blog link in the opening, and linked this thread to week #52.

I didn't put anything in about the circle journal because I'm not sure what to write, so Vivian, PM me with what you want it to say and I'll paste it in.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

After sleeping from basically 5:30 last night to 4 this morning (I woke up for an hour to watch Shepherd Smith on Foxnews at 7) I feel so much better than I did yesterday! Words make sense! I can type at my regular rate rather than one letter every 15 seconds because the words in my brain were having trouble coming to my fingertips.

Todays agenda includes a run to the grocery, a run to a different LSS for a few more disney sheets, some paperwork stuff and hopefully working on a couple of LOs.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

morning Liz!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

I'm glad you are feeling better!! My kids all just went out the door for school. Puppy is curled up for his morning snooze, hoping I will curl righht back up with him.

Hang on, I HAVE to go get some tea

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

Oh my word you should have heard my daughter slam the door on her way out this morning. I was in the bathroom and she didn't know I was up, and she's mad because I haven't picked up her phone yet from the principal.

The way she slammed the door, even if I go pick it up today she my not get it back!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to leebla

I got a hand written thank you card from one of the board members for that fundraiser health fair I did last November. I didn't expect that.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

Well, my agenda includes getting dressed, running to the lab and pick up some equipment, run to my office to see a patient, run to another lab to drop off the equipment, and make it back here before the big storm hits...with a stop at the grocery because we are now out of bread, and milk....

and a stop at Wendy's for breakfast because we are out of bread and milk....

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Morning Liz & Elizabeth!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

• moxiegirl23 Said:
I got a hand written thank you card from one of the board members for that fundraiser health fair I did last November. I didn't expect that.

that was nice.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to scrappycath

I'm beat. I've had meetings all day every day at work this week, Then evening meetings Tuesday & Wednesday, and then taught a CPR class last night. I'm dragging!!!!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to scrappycath

Top that off with dh being tied up due to flooding in our area - all the snow melt flowing south and heavy rains in the area..... So he is not around too much.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

Cathy!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

Oh I hear you on the flodding thing!! Even with all the marshes and dams and flood control plains we have built in to our area...bad. And now we are supposed to get this big snow storm...I'm sticking to major highways today!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to leebla

I'm buying slimfast powder today. I didn't like how I looked in the vacation photos and I know I've been making bad food choices. If I have slim fast, fruits and veggies daily, I know I'll do better (and because I get the chocolate powder my sweet tooth cravings will be met as well).

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
Oh I hear you on the flodding thing!! Even with all the marshes and dams and flood control plains we have built in to our area...bad. And now we are supposed to get this big snow storm...I'm sticking to major highways today!

We're under a flood watch until Sunday night. That snow storm you're getting is coming to us in the form of torrential downpours. I'd rather the snow - it will be less messy.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• moxiegirl23 Said:
I'm buying slimfast powder today. I didn't like how I looked in the vacation photos and I know I've been making bad food choices. If I have slim fast, fruits and veggies daily, I know I'll do better (and because I get the chocolate powder my sweet tooth cravings will be met as well).

Do you like the Slimfast? Does it actually help keep you from eating other stuff?

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

I soooo wanted to get up early today. I have 4 places I need to go. I wanted to do ABCD...now I am at a point where even if I walked out the door right this minute I'm not sure I can do that...so now it will have to be ABDC and I don't like ABDC...
unless I don't go get my daughter's phone...oh that will just be ugly...and I don't want to take a chance on them closing the schools early.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• moxiegirl23 Said:
  • leebla Said:

We're under a flood watch until Sunday night. That snow storm you're getting is coming to us in the form of torrential downpours. I'd rather the snow - it will be less messy.

DH was just telling me "your friend in NH is going to be getting some real messy weather"!!

He no longer thinks you are virtual. He knows that you are real!!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

Not me, I'm still hungry on Slimfast! Too high a metabolism or something. Same with the Special K thing.

Page 1 of 143 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics