Page 2 of 143 
Username Post: Virtual Crop Week #53: Still Celebrating        (Topic#1455331)
scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
I soooo wanted to get up early today. I have 4 places I need to go. I wanted to do ABCD...now I am at a point where even if I walked out the door right this minute I'm not sure I can do that...so now it will have to be ABDC and I don't like ABDC...
unless I don't go get my daughter's phone...oh that will just be ugly...and I don't want to take a chance on them closing the schools early.

Makes the day so difficult to tackle when you can't layout the plan! Hope you can accomplish at least SOME things!!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
Not me, I'm still hungry on Slimfast! Too high a metabolism or something. Same with the Special K thing.

I find I still have to chew on something. And I don't like the slimfast bars.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to scrappycath

• scrappycath Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:
I'm buying slimfast powder today. I didn't like how I looked in the vacation photos and I know I've been making bad food choices. If I have slim fast, fruits and veggies daily, I know I'll do better (and because I get the chocolate powder my sweet tooth cravings will be met as well).

Do you like the Slimfast? Does it actually help keep you from eating other stuff?

I like it. I used to drink the pre-made shakes when I worked at Ritz - they were quick and nutritious. I don't know if it will keep me from eating the other stuff, but at least they will help make sure that I'm getting the nutrients I need.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

• scrappycath Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:
  • leebla Said:
Oh I hear you on the flodding thing!! Even with all the marshes and dams and flood control plains we have built in to our area...bad. And now we are supposed to get this big snow storm...I'm sticking to major highways today!

We're under a flood watch until Sunday night. That snow storm you're getting is coming to us in the form of torrential downpours. I'd rather the snow - it will be less messy.

DH was just telling me "your friend in NH is going to be getting some real messy weather"!!

He no longer thinks you are virtual. He knows that you are real!!

I exist!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to moxiegirl23

I do find that if I make a smoothie with fat free yogurt, fruit and juices and put a little peanut butter in, that will satisfy me and hold me over until the next meal. Plus the P-butter gives me a boost of protein. Some times I also put a little bit of wheat germ in.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

Hubby did go with me on the cruise to some seminars on flatter tummies...exercise, detoxing...he actually told me to go ahead and sign up to talk to the fitness/nutrtion instructor. I was SUPER skeptical of the whole thing. SUPER SUPER. But the guy ran my BMR and tested my water and fat content and told me I really am doing soooo many things right, but my water content and retention is still out of whack. He suggested a detoxification program. Says it will help my weight, my fatigue, may pain...cost a few bucks...and my hubby bought it!

So I am trying it, because it is all natural and I figure at this point I have nothing to lose. Well except this tire around my middle and a few more hours to my day in fatigue!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

• scrappycath Said:
  • leebla Said:
Not me, I'm still hungry on Slimfast! Too high a metabolism or something. Same with the Special K thing.

I find I still have to chew on something. And I don't like the slimfast bars.

I can eat celery all day and not get sick of it, so if I need to chew on something, I can have some of that. The only thing I like from slim-fast are the shakes. And as for feeling hungry, I've been gorging lately and I think once I get in the habit of two shakes for breakfast and lunch and all the fruit and veggies I can eat for snacks I'll be in a better place. It was either this or the cabbage soup diet to jumpstart my eating plan and the cabbage soup diet you have to toally commit to the plan. Slimfast I can just switch things up a little by substituting a shake.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

Of coarse he also says I really only need to lose about 7.5 pounds and I know I would feel better at about 15-20

(I know...SHUP) but for me it is the fibromyalgia and the way I feel, not being obese. Although I do snore at this weight and when I lose it I don't.
And just because I work with sleep apnea patients for a living and set up CPAP machines every day, doesn't mean I want to wear one!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

Okay, I WANT to sit here and chat. I HAVE to get my butt dressed and out of this house!!!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to leebla

I think it is about how you feel and not what you weigh.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
Of coarse he also says I really only need to lose about 7.5 pounds and I know I would feel better at about 15-20

(I know...SHUP) but for me it is the fibromyalgia and the way I feel, not being obese. Although I do snore at this weight and when I lose it I don't.
And just because I work with sleep apnea patients for a living and set up CPAP machines every day, doesn't mean I want to wear one!

I was where you are now 18 months ago - I only needed to drop 10-15 to be where I should be. Now I'm back to over 200 and I know that if I'm around 160-170 my back and knees won't ache and maybe the depression won't be as bad. I also didn't like seeing the belly rolls in some of the pictures and that my fat jeans were tight when I wore them yesterday.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Go Elizabeth Go!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

I have to go my self. It was nice to get to touch base with you! Even briefly.

Have Fantastic Fridays ladies!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Old Thread:

• c-leaper Said:
  • Bling Fairy Vivian Said:
  • Jesus Rocks Said:
I've not forgotten my sb.com friends mini-album and will be getting back to that soon. This circle journal album article got me thinking, dangerous, I know.

What about doing a circle journal in a different way? We each do a page or two-pager in 8x8 format. We make several copies and send them to everyone else that's participating. It will be a BOM type of page, listing our top favorite thing, top dislikes, other hobbies, etc. This way each participant will have pages of everyone else.

Anyone interested?

I'd go for it. Never done one before, so you'd have to explain.

Normally a circle journal is one album that's sent around to the people in the group and each adds to it. This would make a great present for someone's special day/event.

For this one, we're all creating how ever many copies of the same page or two-pager. A layout about ourselves. No real rules or guidelines but I suggest a current photo, top likes and dislikes, pix of some unusual thing, etc. Then you PM or get PMed by others in the group with their address for you to sent your layout to and you give them your address for them to send their pages to you.

So who is organizing this so we know how many copies to make and who else is in it?

I'm just getting the ball rolling. It's up to everyone to PM each other with their addresses and requests for the other person's address. I suggest titling the PM "Circle Journal" in order to find addresses later. I do recommend not doing a mass PM. Do single one-on-one PM as some people may not want to share their addresses with everyone else on the PM.

I also suggest anyone who wants to do this to do this Circle Journal to say so on thread at least. Otherwise I won't be PMing them with my addy and request. But they can PM me and/or others directly, too. So this can go alot of ways.

Since no one person is collecting everything, less problems with flakers. And those of us who are slow to get to the post office.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Vivian loves BLING

Oh, Good morning! Trying to catch up. Babysitting little grandson. Shouldn't stay here too long.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Old thread:

• BlingPrincessRia Said:
Ria, have you had a chance to go by K-mart to check out those cabinets?

I told you last night, Viv...we don't have a Kmart anymore...it's a Sears Grand now.

Oh, yeah, but did you get to go by there?

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Old thread:

• BlingPrincessRia Said:
  • NMlady Said:
Well since Sears owns KMart now would they carry the things Kmart did?

Very doubtful. Their children's clothes are EXPENSIVE now (think $40-60 for a little girl's cotton sundress) and they carry the entire line of Craftsman tools, which KMart never carried. Our Sears Grand is nothing more than a Sears store with an Internet Cafe in it. No resemblance to KMart whatsoever.

So sorry.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

All caught up in time to fall behind again.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

I PMed Liz/Moxie with the info for the Circle Journal. For my own records, I blogged it:

http://www.scrapbook.com/blogs/45338/view/1085 87.html

This way when I've got my pages done, I can make one trip to the Post Office.

But not everyone's list may look the same as mine. This Circle Journal is free flowing and personalized to each person. At least that's the intent. So having a list on this thread may not be appropriate.

By stating on this thread you want to do this, will allow others the chance to PM you with their requests & addies. And if you're doing this, you can PM others.

It doesn't have to be for only VCWers.

Now off to play some more with Blake.

Kahlan
Kahlan 
Queen
Kahlan

Good morning! I've got to run out today. Need to get my MIL a card and send her some money. We have been trying to help her out since my FIL died in Dec.. I always send a special card to let her know we are thinking about her. Of course, we talk on the phone, but she seems to like the cards. I'm going to get a St. Patty's day card. It would have been their 44th anniversary. It is going to be really hard for her that day. Anyway, need to check out my lo one last time, take a shower, and zoom, zoom, zoom.

Page 2 of 143 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics