Page 4 of 143 
Username Post: Virtual Crop Week #53: Still Celebrating        (Topic#1455331)
Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Vivian loves BLING

I should do some more cleaning my room but instead I'll play with those red pix and hunt up the next pix that I need to scrap for my albums.

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit

• Bling Fairy Vivian Said:
  • riorabbit Said:
  • DawnInAZ Said:
Just got some sad family news.
Housing market claims another victim. And they have a daughter with a baby on the way.

Are they losing thier home? I don't understand...

Ugg... I hate the housing stuff right now. I am soo sick of looking for a place to live. I can stay here until the semester is over and I am seriously considering moving back in with my parents for a while after I graduate. I would probably agree to do most of the cleaning, grocery shopping, and cooking in exchange for free rent and not having to pay as much for groceries too.

Meghan's family?

Not sure if you are asking me or Dawn. I presumed it is Meghan's family...just wondered what exactly is happening to them.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

I'd rather sweep or mop than vacuum. Something about the noise. Fortunately I have a somewhat quiet vacuum that makes it easier for me to use.

I love the Swiffer and Swiffer WetJet. I even have a short handled one that I let the boys use. I prefer Swiffering to sweeping. It gets all the cat and human hairs much better.

Dh just reminded me to put the play dough up before it dries out. BRB

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to riorabbit

My moodiness seems to be lifting a bit. That is good... I think I am just having issues with being home too much lately. I still don't have a job, my friends seem uber busy, and most of my classes are online. So sick of being inside. I need to get myself out more and start the working out again (that helps both in getting out and the activity seems to help me feel much better).

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit

I'd rather sweep or mop than vacuum. Something about the noise. Fortunately I have a somewhat quiet vacuum that makes it easier for me to use.

I love the Swiffer and Swiffer WetJet. I even have a short handled one that I let the boys use. I prefer Swiffering to sweeping. It gets all the cat and human hairs much better.

Dh just reminded me to put the play dough up before it dries out. BRB

Vacuuming is one of my favorite chores! I don't mind the noise at all as long as the thing works! I love that it is not wet and icky and you see a difference right away. You don't have to wait on it like laundry either. I dunno... I kind of like vacuuming. I didn't have one in my apartment though (no carpet so not needed).

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to riorabbit

Rio, you're such an outdoorsy girl, no wonder you're feeling that way! Get yourself out.

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit

It has been so snowy this winter, getting out is easier said than done. I don't ski (would love to learn, but don't have the money right now). I have gone for walks in it, but can't really hike too much in it. I don't have money for snow shoes either. It is finally melting enough it is not as bad though...yay, I am looking forward to it all melting off. There were several months there where even cycling on the roads would be impossible due to ice and stuff.
River trips would be sweeeeeet right now, but I don't have money to do my own trip. Just worked as a guide and took the companies boats down. I don't work as a guide anymore though...

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to riorabbit

I'm going going through all these pix of my mother's 70th birthday celebration. Forgot that dh had a beard back then.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

I'm cold. I think I'm going to go back to bed for a little while and warm up. Then I'll get back to being productive.

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to moxiegirl23

Oh yeah...productive, that is what I was doing.

Where did Dawn go?

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to riorabbit

Dang... jets flying over house... never heard that here before...it is LOUD! I wonder what is up.... At my parents house that happens all the time. Not here though...

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to riorabbit

• riorabbit Said:
  • riorabbit Said:
  • DawnInAZ Said:
Just got some sad family news.
Housing market claims another victim. And they have a daughter with a baby on the way.

Ugg... I hate the housing stuff right now. I am soo sick of looking for a place to live. I can stay here until the semester is over and I am seriously considering moving back in with my parents for a while after I graduate. I would probably agree to do most of the cleaning, grocery shopping, and cooking in exchange for free rent and not having to pay as much for groceries too.

Meghan's family?

Not sure if you are asking me or Dawn. I presumed it is Meghan's family...just wondered what exactly is happening to them.

Yes, it's their family.
Her dad has not found a job yet. He was flipping houses and that market is what has gotten them into trouble, because none are selling or selling fast enough. They have to declare the big B. Because they have only been in their home 3 years, it is included in it. And they have to be out by June.
She has the most incredible home too.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to riorabbit

• riorabbit Said:
Dang... jets flying over house... never heard that here before...it is LOUD! I wonder what is up.... At my parents house that happens all the time. Not here though...

Our neighborhood is in airport flight path, so we hear things all the time. Plus our church is in the flight path of Gateway, so we hear it there too.

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to DawnInAZ

[quote=DawnInAZ][quote=ri orabbit][quote=Bling Fairy Vivian][quote=riorabbit][ quote=DawnInAZ]Just got some sad family news.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Meghan's family?
[/quote]

[/quote]
Yes, it's their family.
Her dad has not found a job yet. He was flipping houses and that market is what has gotten them into trouble, because none are selling or selling fast enough. They have to declare the big B. Because they have only been in their home 3 years, it is included in it. And they have to be out by June.
She has the most incredible home too.

[/quote]

Oh I am sooo sorry! I will be prayiing for them.

I am a bit worried about my sis right now too. BIL just finished his master's in divinity, but is not working for a church yet. He has worked as a youth pastor for quite a while, but quit while finishing his degree and has yet to find a job. My sis is a realtor. She was doing great, but with the housing market stuff is soo tight now. A huge part of their problem is they were doing so well that they kept buying stuff (2 new cars, a motorcyle, bigger house, cruises and what not). Now she she is struggling and I worry they won't be able to keep up the payments on some of it. I don't mean it to sound bad on her becuase I am sure I would have done similarly. I think I am learning if I am ever in that financial situation though, go for a smaller house and live below means until I can pay stuff off. Then when it is paid off, buy more fun stuff. Just because you can't gaurantee in the future you will be able to make those payments.

I would imagine your BIL has considered all options, but has he looked at anything like renting the home (s) instead of filing for B. Even if he could just get the mortgage payment out of them and not make a profit...

I wish some of the places here would rent like that. There are homes forclosing and I might be able to cover rent, but I can't get financed to buy. I would pay rent though... Most people try to jack up the rent to way past the mortgage though...

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:
  • riorabbit Said:

Our neighborhood is in airport flight path, so we hear things all the time. Plus our church is in the flight path of Gateway, so we hear it there too.

Yeah, I know that feeling. My parents live right off of a small airport (literally off of it). So I got so used to the sound of early mornings being the planes taking off and landing.

I hear planes here too, but not many jets.

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to riorabbit

Egads... I have recieved 3 emails from various bookstores requesting textbook buy backs. Umm...we just finished mid terms, spring break is not for 2 more weeks...and they already want my books. I haven't even opened a few of them yet. I think I will need them before finals...

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to riorabbit

Ok. I'm back and slightly warmer.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

The photo altering/fixing is going better than I expected. Thanks again, Liz. You can not image the burden this has lifted off of me!!!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

The photo altering/fixing is going better than I expected. Thanks again, Liz. You can not image the burden this has lifted off of me!!!

You're welcome.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

I bought a new blade and cap set for my silhouette yesterday. I'm going to give my old blade to John and see if he can sharpen it for me. Worst case scenario, he can't and I still have a new blade. If he can, it means two blades.

Page 4 of 143 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics