Page 3 of 3 
Username Post: How to use clear stamps?        (Topic#1455511)
kygirlnfla
Mayor
kygirlnfla
In response to KDQ

Baby wipes are great for cleaning clear stamps....just be sure to get the ones that do not have alcohol as they dry out the stamps.

Try not to apply too much pressure and don't rock the stamp when using clear stamps so you don't distort the image. Stamping on an old mouse pad or proper stamping pad seems to help image come out better.

I often don't stamp directly on my layout/card because I'm afraid the image won't come out clean. I stamp on a piece of cardstock and fussy cut it out (cut close around an image) and glue it to my page. Also, if you use a stamping frame when stamping, the chance of being able to re-align your stamp to restamp an image if it didn't come out fully stamped is better.

ScrapbookingJunkie
Tenant
ScrapbookingJunkie
In response to kygirlnfla

I hated stamping until I found Close to My Heart Acrylix stamps. I almost always get a clean image, if I don't I am able to stamp again by looking through the stamp.

I store 15 sets in a small storage container from Target and they are so versitle and easy to keep clean!

www.kristinholm.ctmh.com
www.kristinclosetomyheart.blogspot.com

pamela.tx
Guru
pamela.tx
In response to ScrapbookingJunkie

• ScrapbookingJunkie Said:
I hated stamping until I found Close to My Heart Acrylix stamps. I almost always get a clean image, if I don't I am able to stamp again by looking through the stamp.

I store 15 sets in a small storage container from Target and they are so versitle and easy to keep clean!

www.kristinholm.ctmh.com
www.kristinclosetomyheart.blogspot.com

I too am a Close to My Heart addict! They are so easy to clean and I never have to worry about my images not coming out clear and crisp.

Madding
New Kid On the Block
Madding
In response to pamela.tx

I almost got some the other day but had no idea how they worked. They seem like a pretty frugal purchase though, thanks for this thread!!

Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse
In response to Madding

I bought my first clear stamps yesterday and I wouldn't have known how to get them off of the back without this thread. Running them under water helped a lot.

scrappy_happy
New Kid On the Block
scrappy_happy
In response to kelsey kay 2012

I'm new to clear stamps (and everything, really!) and I bought some small sets + a clear block for $0.97 each at Walmart. The stamps work really well and clear stamping is so easy!!! I think I prefer these to regular stamps on wooden blocks

New Kid On the Block
In response to pamela.tx

I also hate stamping.

Page 3 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics