Page 2 of 2 
Username Post: paper selection        (Topic#1455707)
Jenny from the Crop
Mayor
Jenny from the Crop
In response to heidi baldini

• my3girls Said:
When I first started I bought packs but they give you like 3-4 of the same pps so your stuck w/ it. that's the downfall for me. So I only buy them now if I REALLY like it!

my sister and i just recently started splitting packs for this reason. i usually end up with a bit more but i'm usually the one buying them anyway so it works out. lol

ScrappyPrincess
Idol
ScrappyPrincess
In response to luv2scrap:)

I usually buy stacks and page kits that already have the paper matching. If I happen to see a piece of paper that I just can't live without, I do occasionally buy single sheets, but for the most part, I buy my paper pre-packaged

formossissima
Expert
formossissima

for those of us stationed overseas who don't have the convenience of a LSS nearby, buying in packs makes a lot more sense. But I do wind up with some paper I never seem to use.

My favorite are stacks that help me develop the LOs to use them in an album. Hot off the Press has a wonderful 4 Seasons paper book/stack that I absolutely LOVED for my niece's baby book. And the DCWV Once Upon a Time stack is a lot of fun. My style is more narrative than portrait, though, so this might not apply as much to those doing portrait pages.

Edited by formossissima on 03-14-08 06:47 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Bbwjill
Resident
Bbwjill

I buy as much as I can find in "packs" or "stacks" also I like that my local strapbooking supply place will make up kits for people to buy, so you save a bit.

I like having an assortment to choose from. I"m not one who sticks to a few basic colors throughout the album it is all about the subjects individuality.

* bought this yesterday *

I also always cruise the previous seasonal stuff to get some deals.

Products Referenced in This Post:

Edited by Bbwjill on 03-14-08 08:32 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Jenny from the Crop
Mayor
Jenny from the Crop
In response to Bbwjill

• Bbwjill Said:
I buy as much as I can find in "packs" or "stacks" also I like that my local strapbooking supply place will make up kits for people to buy, so you save a bit.

I like having an assortment to choose from. I"m not one who sticks to a few basic colors throughout the album it is all about the subjects individuality.

* bought this yesterday *

I also always cruise the previous seasonal stuff to get some deals.

you are my kind of scrapper, girlfriend! I admire, but do not understand, people who can shop per project. I could never buy paper by the sheet... I'd buy the whole rack! LOL I dont know what I'm going to use for any specific project and I don't want to have to worry about buying enough for whatever I'm working on.

If I buy a stack I know I have a variety, which is something I like to reflect in my albus, btw, and I know I have stuff that will coordinate so I don't have to worry about it.

Page 2 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics