Page 1 of 106 
Username Post: Virtual Crop Week #54 Is it Spring yet?        (Topic#1456149)
moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

What is this thread about?

Well, things get quiet here on the weekends, so a thread was started to just hang out and do a virtual crop. Since then it's grown into more. Several people are now "regular" including myself. We chat about anything and everything. (Warning: Sometimes we stray into areas that may be considered "adult," although we always try to be tasteful about it.) We share our latest layouts, pictures, whatever interests us. We have fun and encourage each other.

It's now all week long, too. Since it is a new thread each week, it's easier for anyone to join. Even though we start over each week, it's STILL pages and pages long. Don't be intimidated, we are happy to have anyone drop by and say hello. Some of us read all the replies and keep up, but it is not required. Warning: It can get addictive!

Circle Journal Information:
I suggest 8x8 format because it's easy to do and will fit into a standard mailer.

It's everyone's choice to do either a single or a two page spread and to add whatever you want. Vivian, personally, would like to see a current photo, likes and dislikes on whatever, and something unusual about each person. Like for Liz/Moxie to show her extensive Stickles collection.

To keep things simple, do the same layout for everyone. You could change papers and such depending on your stash but keeping to the same design will make things much easier/faster and no one gets a better page from you than the next person. If someone is short on funds/time to make copies, digitals are acceptable. Even digital copies can be doctored up (read that as blinged) to make a hybrid layout.

PM those you want page(s) from and you'll be getting PMs from others in the Circle. Just let it be known you're interesting in doing this in the thread. This isn't just for VCWer, so if you want to add other people, go ahead. It's your album.

Please leave updates about yourself HERE . This is for those who can't be online as much as they would like to be.

Most of us also really love bling and encourage bling usage!

Come visit OUR GALLERY to meet some of the irregular regulars!

There are several of us who are dealing with weight/health issues, too, so we've started a HEALTHY CHALLENGE as a way to have support and accountability for whatever your goals may be.

So come on! Don't be bashful! And don't be afraid of the fact that this thread MOVES. Just jump in wherever we are, and we'll be glad to get you caught up on what's happening. We never know what we're going to talk about or how silly we will get.

WARNING: Reading of, or participation in, this thread could result in food or drink being sprayed across your computer.
Please practice proper food safety; eat and drink responsibly.

Edited by moxiegirl23 on 03-14-08 05:10 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to moxiegirl23

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

Ok. The thread is started. Links are updated. I'm going to be unavailable today as I have a telephone training in an hour, cleaning, packing Abby's stuff for her trip to Nana's this weekend, and getting ready for a date tonight. Plus paperwork. Have a great one!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

You, too, Liz!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to BlingQueenRia

From last week:

• DawnInAZ Said:
Liz, why not just use Ria's machine?
She said she would let you.
Why not spend money on something you really need? Is your reception expenses all paid for already? Did you get a dress for it already?

Yes, I did offer to share. Problem is, in the beginning I might not be too apt to let her do the playing, I might cut stuff out for her. Only asked that if she used it a LOT to chip in for blades/mats, which are a LOT cheaper than WB's blades/mats, especially at Wally-World.

From what I understand, just about everything for her reception is paid for, since she and her mom have been buying stuff for it for months. And her MIL is making everybody's dresses. (Hers, mine, and our other friend's.) I think it's going to be potluck, and everybody's bringing a dish. (I had a request for my home-baked "ronis.")

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

OMG!

Rachael Ray just "pulled a Ria"...She was cooking and showing us how to make the ultimate ham-and-cheese sandwich. And suddenly says, "Cooking with HEAT works a lot better, let me turn this on..."

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper

• moxiegirl23 Said:
Ok. The thread is started. Links are updated. I'm going to be unavailable today as I have a telephone training in an hour, cleaning, packing Abby's stuff for her trip to Nana's this weekend, and getting ready for a date tonight. Plus paperwork. Have a great one!

[ears perk up]

A date?

Edited by c-leaper on 03-14-08 06:45 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

BlingPrincessMarci
Diva
BlingPrincessMarci

morning!

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to c-leaper

I can't find it.

Yesterday, when that former client called about me coming to be with her girls during the hearing, I jotted down her phone number & address because the phone number didn't come up on my cell phone.

And now I can't find the paper I wrote it on.

In a sense, thankfully, they're in a small - very small - town and she has a PO Box address, so I could probably just write to her c/o the post office and she'd get it. But it really bugs me that I can't find that paper.

To make matters worse...of all the old client files I have around here...that isn't one of them.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to c-leaper

LizFoltzy said:
Heat is back on pilot light went out

Jenni says:
Pilot lights scare me. We have one on the water heater. And something about the way the exhaust pipe is angled/run, if we have a REALLY windy spell, chances are about 50/50 that it'll blow back in/down the pipe and blow out the pilot light. I can do it...I just don't like to.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to c-leaper

Good morning!

Jenni, I hope you find the paper/info. That's so frustrating!

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to c-leaper

[quote=BlingPrincessRia][ quote=c-leaper][quote=Bli ngPrincessRia][quote=c-le aper][quote=BlingPrincess Ria] Hi, Jenni!
[/quote]

Hi Sweetcheeks.
[/quote]

Hi, Sugarpie.
[/quote]

Honeycakes.
[/quote]

Schnookums.
[/quote]

Dahlin'.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Vivian loves BLING

Old Thread:

• MarciMellow Said:
So I feel like everyone here pretty much knows each other well and I have just kind snuck in to try to be in this group, so I'm gonna give you a brief intro into me and my life.

Hi! my name is Marci, and I'm a Scrap-a-holic.

I have been married about a year and a half. My husband and I run a internet collectible business(www.thecollectorstop.com) and I work full time at Elder Beerman (as you've already heard, I work too much, but I love my job.) We have 2 cats (in my picture) and are going to try to get pregnant VERY soon. I had a miscarriage in early February. I am a HUGE football fan and am a pretty big baseball fan. Our lives seem to revolve around sports seasons, so we are on our downtime between football and baseball.

I'm drawing a blank on other things to tell, so if you have questions ask because I am not shy

and thanks for letting me "join" your group!

Nice to know you better, Marci!

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to c-leaper

Shirley - take care of yourself. I'm sure DD will understand. Maybe she can have a "special" day getting to be "all grown up" and playing nurse and taking care of Mommy.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to c-leaper

Joy said:
That's such a pain Dawn, when you have such a drop in the temp.

Jenni says:
*SNORT* That's normal around these here parts.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to c-leaper

Rio said:
Sorry for speaking in third person...

Jenni says:
Sometimes it hurts less to do it that way.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Just finished skimming the old thread. Caught up on this thread. Now to catch up elsewhere. BRB

BlingPrincessMarci
Diva
BlingPrincessMarci

youre welcome.. make me fell a little less of an outsider

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to c-leaper

• c-leaper Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:

[ears perk up]

A date?

Yes, a date! Dinner, live music, possible dessert and definately beer and NO CHILD!!!!! (well, mine anyway).

Mom wanted to borrow Abby for the weekend, so I'm driving her down after school. John's friend Chris Child is in from Colorado to sing at a local pub. We'll go up for dinner, the entire first set and we might even stay for the second! (We usually bring Abby when Chris comes to town and leave right before the end of or after the first set). Twice in a month, I don't know what to do!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to c-leaper

[quote=c-leaper][quote=Bl ingPrincessRia][quote=c-l eaper][quote=BlingPrinces sRia][quote=c-leaper][quo te=BlingPrincessRia] Hi, Jenni!
[/quote]

Hi Sweetcheeks.
[/quote]

Hi, Sugarpie.
[/quote]

Honeycakes.
[/quote]

Schnookums.
[/quote]

Dahlin'.
[/quote]

Sweetpea.