Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: 8 /12 x 11 albums?        (Topic#1457463)
sjhill
sjhill 
Diva
sjhill

I would love to start creating 8 1/2 x 11 pages.8x8 is just too small and I have been doing those from the beginning, 12x12 is just too large for me, thought I do have a vacation album that is that size that I am always adding to. So I thought that this would be the perfect size for me. My ? is, do they make albums this size? Don't think I have ever saw them, but at the same time haven't really looked. Just hate to start on this size pages and find out there are no albums for them.
BlingFairy Vivian, where are you? I know you do this size, maybe you can help me out here. Thanks in advance.

JayAndXansMom
Queen
JayAndXansMom
In response to sjhill

Yep, they make albums this size. I have always scrapped 8.5 x 11 and have no problems finding albums..

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to JayAndXansMom

Tons of options for this size. CM makes some (which I use all the time). Vivian uses sheet protectors and regular three ring binders, and there's a bunch here in the superstore.

denitza
Mayor
denitza
In response to moxiegirl23

I use regular 3-ring binders(you can alter the outside) and sheet protectors.

god2006
Idol
god2006
In response to moxiegirl23

YEP I ONLY DO 8.5X11 AND I TOO USE THE THREE RING BINDERS AND REGURLAR OFFICE SHEET PROTECTORS BUT I USUALLY ALTER MY ALBUMN SO THEY LOOK CUTER THAN JUST A PLAIN BLACK OR RED BINDER

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to god2006

Here are a bunch sold here:

Products Referenced in This Post:

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to DawnInAZ

I have a couple that I am planning on getting rid of.

sjhill
sjhill 
Diva
sjhill
In response to lilmrmaid

Thanks so much!! This is good to know. I thought about the 3 ring binder.. in my opinion you could probably fit more in one of those than the albums.? At least I would think..
Can't wait to start doing this size.. also thought that they could make great framed gifts (of course you would have to cut it down to 8x10, but close enough). Thanks everyone!!
Maybe if I had just done more research first, just thought it would be easier to ask.

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to sjhill

Yes they do I have boughten a few myself for gift albums to family & friends.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to SQ Mandi

I'm here now!

My preference are those office type white notebooks. The ones that have the clear covers on the front, back and spine so I can label the spine (with month or event).

I've not put anything into the fronts except for one album that I scanned and got a copy of the cover of the original scrap album my father used for my baby pix. He's got the original cover, the book fell apart but I salvaged the cover and placed it inside the front cover for his new album.

I also prefer the D-rings but I use all sizes from 1/2 inch wide to 3 inches wide.

I also buy my sheet protectors from Sam's, 200 to a box. Archival quality.

For those pages that has to butt up against each other I staple the sheet protectors close together. This gives pretty much the same effect as post bound albums, some even better since I can staple it closer/tighter.

As for framing 8.5x11 layouts, you can use documents frames. Most have very simple frames but this could be altered or painted to suit. Even Dollar Tree carries this size.

chelmck
Guru
chelmck
In response to Vivian loves BLING

My BOM is 8/5x11. Most stores carry them with the other scrapbook albums.

vanessajd2285
Veteran
vanessajd2285
In response to chelmck

i find it hard to create pages i like with 8.5/11. i only have one album that is that size that i havent finished...i can only fit a couple of pics on there...so i dont think it would be used for a family album or something...just maybe for an event. i do love seeing pages that are this size.

scrappymomof4
Veteran
scrappymomof4
In response to vanessajd2285

I love scrapping 8.5X11. I like to do 11X8.5 and then stack it where it is actually 11X17 in the book.

Angie213
Diva
Angie213
In response to scrappymomof4

I did 8.5 x 11 forever, but the album I'm working on now is 11 x 8.5...I like a million times better. It seems like a have more space. I also just use a binder and page protectors .

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Angie213

It does seem easier to scrap landscape than portrait. Visually we want to look across something versus up and down something.

I've not seen any albums hinged on the 8.5" side. Are there any?

Angie213
Diva
Angie213
In response to Vivian loves BLING

I haven't seen any either. I just put 'em in sideways and flip the book to look! ha!

sjhill
sjhill 
Diva
sjhill
In response to Angie213

Yep, I have already been thinking of this.. you could just alter the cover to make the album sideways. That way it looks like it's meant to be looked at this way!! Guess I'll just have to try both and see what suits me best. Thanks for all of your ideas!!

luv2scrap:)
Guru
luv2scrap:)
In response to sjhill

Someone gave me a binder covered with really cute fabric when my first daughter was a baby to use as a scrapbook, and I have never had an album come close to holding as many pages! I have never done another one like it because I wasn't very good at the 8.5"x11", but I did love how many pages it held! I tend to work best on a square page, but that's just me.

chelmck
Guru
chelmck
In response to vanessajd2285

• vanessajd2285 Said:
i find it hard to create pages i like with 8.5/11. i only have one album that is that size that i havent finished...i can only fit a couple of pics on there...so i dont think it would be used for a family album or something...just maybe for an event. i do love seeing pages that are this size.

I use my 8.5x11 for my BOM because I normally only have 1 or 2 photos from any given event...so that size works...I use 12x12 for my other albums because I normally have more pics to scrap.

I like the idea of a landscape version though...may try that...

sjhill
sjhill 
Diva
sjhill
In response to chelmck

Well, here is my first attempt at this size, just flipped it sideways because it just felt like it had more space (though I know it didn't) I loved that I could fit 3 pics and still have plenty of room.

The Muffin Man By Sjhill

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics