Page 1 of 9 
Username Post: *~April~* Altering Challenge Winners Posted        (Topic#1457941)
GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG

Welcome to the Monthly Altering Challenge! Open to all!

Have you got an item you want to alter but you’re not quite sure what to do or how to do it?

Or maybe you know what you want to do but would like to see an “Altering Challenge” thread to share your projects, ideas, and how to techniques.

Or just maybe you’re like me and have a huge box that is overflowing with items to alter and you just need to be challenged to get them done.

All I ask is that you post a before pic of the item and an after pic of the item you are altering so we all can see the transformation. Sharing your tips and techniques would be great too!

Just jump on in for some altering fun!! I’m a sneaky ole’ gal so I might sneak in a prize or two!

Everyone is welcome! No limits on how many or how few altered items! Jump on in and join the Altering fun!

Votes are in and it's hands down

alteredgeisha - please PM me your e-mail address so I can send you your gift certificate

I chose

mysoldiersmyhero - please PM me your e-mail address so I can send you your gift certificate

Edited by GrandmaG on 04-30-08 08:58 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

mysoldiermyhero83
Pro
mysoldiermyhero83
In response to GrandmaG

of course i'm in!

mysoldiermyhero83
Pro
mysoldiermyhero83
In response to mysoldiermyhero83

hey, i just heard about walmart suing a brain-damaged former employee... i hate working for these people. Here's the story...

just thought i'd share... i am kinda in a bad mood today. worked 11 hours yesterday and 9 today, and i'm soooo tired. no time for crafty stuff, either. blah

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG

• mysoldiermyhero83 Said:
hey, i just heard about walmart suing a brain-damaged former employee... i hate working for these people. Here's the story...

just thought i'd share... i am kinda in a bad mood today. worked 11 hours yesterday and 9 today, and i'm soooo tired. no time for crafty stuff, either. blah

I saw that, It's more the insurance company that w-mart uses that is suing. W-marts medical insurance paid her medical bills for the accident and they are wanting to be paid back money she won in the suit against the person that hit her. Insurance companies are doing that a lot these days if you use the medical bills in the first lawsuit, and receive funds for those medical bills you have to pay the insurance company back. It's a shame but the federal law passed back in the late 1990's.

Check out the fine print in your medical insurance, most have a clause that state if you use their insurance to pay for an accident and you receive a settlement due to the accident you will have to pay the insurance company back. A lot of people don't know this until they settle a case and everyone has their hands out for the money.

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG
In response to GrandmaG

Here's my first project I'm working on this month.

ATG Holder to Alter
By GrandmaG

Ya'll have a Great Weekend!

ReadySetDistress
Diva
ReadySetDistress
In response to GrandmaG

I want in now that I will have time to actually do something. I can't believe this month has flown by for me and all that I accomplish with all the spring cleaning, decorating my dd's room, and her party...

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise
In response to ReadySetDistress

I started this last night and finished it today!
It's one of the new Maya Road chipboard houses with a mini book inside.. Maya Road

Then this is a treat bag I made for our monthly bunco party later this week. It has M&M's in the flower pot

Ande
Ande 
Diva
Ande
  • Ande on 03-30-08 02:10 PM
In response to GrandmaG

• GrandmaG Said:
Here's my first project I'm working on this month.

ATG Holder to Alter
By GrandmaG

Ya'll have a Great Weekend!

Add me this month again....and this ATG holder is really cool...Where did you find that???

mysoldiermyhero83
Pro
mysoldiermyhero83
In response to Ande

ok maybe i'm naive, but what's an ATG?

mysoldiermyhero83
Pro
mysoldiermyhero83

Here's a "before" pic of a canvas I am "altering." Of course, to me, the word "altering" doesn't seem to apply to a canvas, since it's purpose is to be "altered." To me, and "Altered canvas" is just "art"... but we'll see what it turnes into i guess. I will be doing another for the Altered Canvas Swap, as well

blank canvas
By Mysoldiermyhero83

ReadySetDistress
Diva
ReadySetDistress

Manda, I want to know the same thing...WHAT IS ATG, I just can't figure this one out...

scrappedupmom
Angel
scrappedupmom

I'm in! Let's see if I can finish my love letter!lol

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG

• JollyScrapper Said:
I want in now that I will have time to actually do something. I can't believe this month has flown by for me and all that I accomplish with all the spring cleaning, decorating my dd's room, and her party...

Welcome back!!

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG
In response to TrishaLouise

• trishalouise Said:
I started this last night and finished it today!
It's one of the new Maya Road chipboard houses with a mini book inside.. Maya Road

Then this is a treat bag I made for our monthly bunco party later this week. It has M&M's in the flower pot

Love'em both!!

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG

ok maybe i'm naive, but what's an ATG?

LOL! your not naive! It's the "Big Moma" adhesive gun...

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG

Here's a "before" pic of a canvas I am "altering." Of course, to me, the word "altering" doesn't seem to apply to a canvas, since it's purpose is to be "altered." To me, and "Altered canvas" is just "art"... but we'll see what it turnes into i guess. I will be doing another for the Altered Canvas Swap, as well

blank canvas
By Mysoldiermyhero83

I can't wait to see what you do with it! Some day I want to do a couple for my hallway and the living room.

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG

• JollyScrapper Said:
Manda, I want to know the same thing...WHAT IS ATG, I just can't figure this one out...

hehehe...I'm almost finished altering mine. I didn't change the color, I'm kinda fond of yellow...just added some pretty "girly" things...one would think I was really into bling here lately.

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG
In response to scrappedupmom

• scrappedupmom Said:
I'm in! Let's see if I can finish my love letter!lol

maybe you'll get done this time.

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG
In response to GrandmaG

Just an FYI...

I'll be MIA until Tuesday pm, I have 2 funerals to attend Monday and one Tuesday. Just in case you didn't see my other post, a shooter came into the Hospital I use to work at (for 13 years) and killed a nurse, unit secretary, and a visitor. All three were my friends.

I'm trying really hard to keep my chin up and my eyes dry.

scrappedupmom
Angel
scrappedupmom
In response to GrandmaG

Janet,sorry to hear about your friend's horrible passing. How horrible! did they catch the guy?

Page 1 of 9 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics