Page 2 of 9 
Username Post: *~April~* Altering Challenge Winners Posted        (Topic#1457941)
mysoldiermyhero83
Pro
mysoldiermyhero83
In response to scrappedupmom

Janet, i am so sorry to hear that... i can't imagine what you must be feeling. Hugs

The Paper Bakery
Mayor
The Paper Bakery

I hope to be able to do this. Am needing to do something after cleaning my apt back up from this hectic week of going back and forth!
I still have letters to alter, and a bird house or two.
I also had picked up a shelf to try adding to the top of my thing behind my desk...it is still in my trunk after what happened.

I'm such a messy scrappper, i have to be in ongoing 'therapy' to get & keep mine in order! LOL!

I'm so very sorry about your friends Janet. I've run back through differnt posts and have seen what happened. My heart goes out to you & the families & friends. May God wrap each one in the shelter of His Love.
Blessings & prayers for you,
Celia

mysoldiermyhero83
Pro
mysoldiermyhero83
In response to mysoldiermyhero83

• mysoldiermyhero83 Said:
Here's a "before" pic of a canvas I am "altering." Of course, to me, the word "altering" doesn't seem to apply to a canvas, since it's purpose is to be "altered." To me, and "Altered canvas" is just "art"... but we'll see what it turnes into i guess. I will be doing another for the Altered Canvas Swap, as well

blank canvas
By Mysoldiermyhero83

Here is my "After" pic! This is going to be mailed to a friend, i hope she likes it. the monkey theme is significant but is too long a story to tell. lol. old nickname, we'll just leave it at that.

Funky Monkey
By Mysoldiermyhero83

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG

• scrappedupmom Said:
Janet,sorry to hear about your friend's horrible passing. How horrible! did they catch the guy?

yes they caught him as he was leaving the hospital.

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG

Here's a "before" pic of a canvas I am "altering." Of course, to me, the word "altering" doesn't seem to apply to a canvas, since it's purpose is to be "altered." To me, and "Altered canvas" is just "art"... but we'll see what it turnes into i guess. I will be doing another for the Altered Canvas Swap, as well

blank canvas
By Mysoldiermyhero83

Here is my "After" pic! This is going to be mailed to a friend, i hope she likes it. the monkey theme is significant but is too long a story to tell. lol. old nickname, we'll just leave it at that.

Funky Monkey
By Mysoldiermyhero83

Awesome Job!!

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG
In response to GrandmaG

Thanks everyone for the thoughts and prayers.

You all have a great evening.

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG
In response to GrandmaG

I finished the ATG and holder. Most of it was already finished except the flower so I chose the colors of flowers that were my friends favorites.

Altered ATG and Holder View 1
By GrandmaG

Altered ATG and Holder view 2
By GrandmaG

TFL!

mysoldiermyhero83
Pro
mysoldiermyhero83
In response to GrandmaG

ok so i finally talked myself into getting a spice rack to use for embellies. probably won't do much to it, but we'll see. just in case, here's a before pic.

Spice Rack - "Before" pic
By Mysoldiermyhero83

mysoldiermyhero83
Pro
mysoldiermyhero83

here's a less blurry pic of "Funky Monkey" but it has a bit of a glare on it. i guess i was not meant to photograph it. lol.

Funky Monkey pic 2
By Mysoldiermyhero83

mysoldiermyhero83
Pro
mysoldiermyhero83

ohhh and one more thing, if anyone is interested, there is a swap i joined that looks pretty fun, but you have to sign up TODAY it's the last sign up day!! here it is: Altered Items Secret Pal Swap - with a twist!

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG

ok so i finally talked myself into getting a spice rack to use for embellies. probably won't do much to it, but we'll see. just in case, here's a before pic.

Spice Rack - "Before" pic
By Mysoldiermyhero83

I can see tons of pretty ribbons tied to it! I can't wait to see what you do to it.

Just don't take the green spices and put them in zip lock baggies. I was doing that to the spices I use and DH said it looked like I was bagging up pot. LOL! so I got some small canning jars for the spices I used. the others I tossed.

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG

here's a less blurry pic of "Funky Monkey" but it has a bit of a glare on it. i guess i was not meant to photograph it. lol.

Funky Monkey pic 2
By Mysoldiermyhero83

It looks Great! The background is too cool!

mysoldiermyhero83
Pro
mysoldiermyhero83
In response to GrandmaG

spice rack - don't worry, i tossed 'em all! i don't really cook much. also, i am also seeing lots of ribbon.

monkey - thanks!

mysoldiermyhero83
Pro
mysoldiermyhero83

didn't do too much to it, but here it is:

Altered Spice Rack
By Mysoldiermyhero83

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr

I am in and caught up with leaving love! Janet,so sorry to hear about your friends,I'm glad they caught that idiot.

mysoldiermyhero83
Pro
mysoldiermyhero83
In response to byondbzr

jci, just spent over 2 hours updating my Norton. hadn't had it for quite some time, it had a lot of cleaning up to do... yuck. it ruined my whole night...

mysoldiermyhero83
Pro
mysoldiermyhero83

ok, quick question: would you say the paper in the bottom of this tray is more turquoise or blue? to my mind, turquoise is a type of blue... thoughts?

unfinished tray
By Mysoldiermyhero83

PS this tray was in last month's challenge, and this is a pic of it before it was done.

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG

ok, quick question: would you say the paper in the bottom of this tray is more turquoise or blue? to my mind, turquoise is a type of blue... thoughts?

unfinished tray
By Mysoldiermyhero83

PS this tray was in last month's challenge, and this is a pic of it before it was done.

I would say turquoise, but it's hard to tell. And I have seen two shades of turquoise....one that leans towards blue and the other more towards green. LOL! I base my answer on the turquoise stone...

mysoldiermyhero83
Pro
mysoldiermyhero83
In response to GrandmaG

yeah... well thanks anyway. working on another canvas now. this one's just for myself, maybe in my living room. patriotic color scheme, a short verse about home and family... i think it's going to turn out nice.

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG

Sounds like it will be nice! So you have red, white and blue in your living room? Is it the country colors or the bright?

I'm working on the spice rack. I've got it painted black....LOL...and that's it.

Page 2 of 9 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics