Username Post: *~April~* Altering Challenge Winners Posted        (Topic#1457941)
mysoldiermyhero83
Pro
mysoldiermyhero83
In response to GrandmaG

definitely country. it's not really fully decorated yet, though. i am working on it, slowly. i am in a couple swaps in which i have requested a patriotic/country theme, and i am making this canvas, which a bit brighter than i want most of the room to be, but should blend nicely. so far all i have is a maroon sofa and a flag my DH was presented when he got back from iraq from his first deployment. my kitchen is a bit more patriotic, with the fridge magnets in my gallery and one of those seasonal flags you get at walmart, its a fourth of july flag that fit perfectly over the window of my back door as a curtain. it says stuff like "home of the brave" and "land of the free" and stuff. but yeah, look, now you got me rambling. gotta catch up on my other forums and get back to that canvas

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG
In response to mysoldiermyhero83

WHAT happened to my man???? You replaced him with a cow

Your room sounds pretty! Many moons ago I had the country red white and blue things in my den. (my kids were little then) I think the only patriotic thing I have left from that time is my Uncle Sam bank I refuse to part with. Gosh come to think of it that was 20 years ago!! (and a previous marriage) My current DH does not like the country theme. I guess you can tell by my "modern" crackle I do! LOL!

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise
In response to GrandmaG

Checking in and catching up!

mysoldiermyhero83
Pro
mysoldiermyhero83
In response to TrishaLouise

sorry, i'll put a new sawyer pic up before long. the "i saw a cow" is from Lost, as well.

mysoldiermyhero83
Pro
mysoldiermyhero83

here is another altered canvas. (the before pic is the same as the last canvas)

Altered Canvas - family
By Mysoldiermyhero83

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG

• mysoldiermyhero83 Said:
sorry, i'll put a new sawyer pic up before long. the "i saw a cow" is from Lost, as well.

I was just joking! I hope you didn't change it because of me...

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG

• mysoldiermyhero83 Said:
here is another altered canvas. (the before pic is the same as the last canvas)

Altered Canvas - family
By Mysoldiermyhero83

I really like this! I want to make one now for my living room! mmmm....rats! I've got to finish my scrap room first.

I love the colors and the torn paper with the letters in the open space is great. I also like the distressed look of the letters! Great job!!

mysoldiermyhero83
Pro
mysoldiermyhero83
In response to GrandmaG

not really because of you, don't worry. i have a lot of "Lost" themed avatars so I am going to keep changing them to awhile. it keeps things interesting lol.

thanks for the nice comments. i am only half-sure i like it. it still looks a little too bright. but i have a couple things coming in from swaps that are supposed to be patriotic, maybe they'll all blend together perfectly...

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG

ok whew I didn't want to offend.

I'm sure they will work out since everything has the basic theme.

mysoldiermyhero83
Pro
mysoldiermyhero83
In response to GrandmaG

yeah, they will. next i have one more canvas to do for a swap. i just finished an altered item but its part of a super secret swap and i can't even say what it is, let alone show it. lol.

ps. don't worry, there's more pics of Sawyer coming soon...

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG

I sure am glad your having good luck with swaps, I've read so many complaints about them I'm afraid to join one. I can't wait until you post the pics of them when it's over.

I just don't know why I like that young man so. Good eye candy for me I guess

SuperAllyFan
Angel
SuperAllyFan
In response to GrandmaG

I did these yesterday - I finally did my Ikea wooden drawers:

Ikea Scrap Drawers 1
By SuperAllyFan

Ikea Scrap Drawers 2
By SuperAllyFan

Ikea Scrap Drawers 3
By SuperAllyFan

Ikea Drawers
By SuperAllyFan

My Scraproom
By SuperAllyFan

mysoldiermyhero83
Pro
mysoldiermyhero83
In response to SuperAllyFan

wow! i love it all!!!

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG
In response to SuperAllyFan

Kimmi - I love what you did to your paper storage. It gives me some ideas on sorting my PP.

I can't wait to see you small drawers when your finished!

mysoldiermyhero83
Pro
mysoldiermyhero83
In response to GrandmaG

jci

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG

I stopped by and picked up some more paint yesterday on my way to work so I can finish the MM desk top organizer. I plan to start on it tonight.

I also got the 4x5 SEI album to use in the center of the Bazzill frame. Jill did one of these it's in her album, so that's next. (I've got to figure out how I'm going to trim down this album and the page protectors ) I'm making this for my DD for mothers day.

Ya'll have a Great Day!

BradyBunch
Idol
BradyBunch
In response to GrandmaG

Kimmi your drawer fronts are wonderful. I might have to try that on the fronts of my plastic ones and see what happens.

mysoldiermyhero83
Pro
mysoldiermyhero83
In response to BradyBunch

good luck to both of you!

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG

I'm hoping the weather is nice tomorrow so I can take the spice rack outside and splatter paint. I also need to spray paint the MM desktop thing.

I got the hair band things to hold the mini book in the Bazzill frame opening so I hope to be able to work on that too.

LOL! I know a lot of talking and no action!

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to GrandmaG

OK gals,I got something done finally! I used an empty square tissue box and turned it into a ribbon Pull-Ez...
Before....

Tissue box I'm altering..
By Byondbzr

After...

Altered tissue box,now a ribbon Pull-Ez
By Byondbzr

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics