Username Post: Cropping        (Topic#1458203)
New Kid On the Block

Hey everyone! I am new here, and I need a little help. While not completely new to scrapbooking, I was taught by someone who is very old school and taught me to crop by hand. I am interested in getting a cropping system, but don't know which is best. I don't have the money to try them all, so any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Kimberly29
Veteran
Kimberly29
In response to cardsfan

are you meaning..paper trimmers and cutters? if that's what you are meaning, i have had a old grey cutter that i jsut hated. now i have a friskars cutter-it's got the orange grid on it and has a rotary cutter that i really like. when i got it, it was sort of spendy. i think 40.00$ or so. i really like this new one i have, and can't really tell you much about any of the others since this is the only one i have had. wish i could be more help.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to Kimberly29

Are you talking about a paper cutter or a die cutting system? As for a paper cutter, this one is what I use and love!
Products Referenced in This Post:

New Kid On the Block
In response to scraprabbit

I guess I am talking about more of a die cutting system?? I am not sure exactly. What I want is a more perfect way of cropping my pictures into shapes like cirles and ovals and such. Right now I use a 12 X 12 template and trace the shape onto the picture and then cut it out with scissors. I am trying to find a better way!! Thanks for the advice!!

Tivi
Tivi 
Diva
Tivi
  • Tivi on 03-31-08 02:48 PM
In response to cardsfan

So are you talking about the templates for cutting circles, ovals, squares, rectangles, or tags? I've seen them at J's, but have never tried any yet.
The die cutters are a whole 'nother thing. Go down to the Specialty forums. There is a board for Cricut, Wishblade , and I think one more.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Tivi

yes, I think that is exactly what I am talking about. I have a couple of the ez templates, but they are all rectangular, and I want to be able to make circles and ovals as well. I think Coluzzle and Fiskars have sets and I believe Creative Memories has its own set too. I didn't know if one was better than the others, or if you can use pieces of all of them?

rwalker04
Expert
rwalker04
In response to cardsfan

fiskas has some nice ones and if you get the fiskas cutter it will be sooo easy!

Bev1
Bev1 
Guru
Bev1
  • Bev1 on 03-31-08 04:09 PM
In response to rwalker04

I have the CM system & the Coluzzle. I use the Coluzzle the most. Its economial and you can cut many different sizes. They make the square, rectagle, circle, oval and many other types.Some have said they have a difficult time using it but I find it easy to use.JMO

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to Bev1

Ok, now I understand what you're looking for. I would recommend the Coluzzle or the Creative Memories templates also. I really like both, but I only have the Coluzzle.

Edited by scraprabbit on 03-31-08 05:05 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

New Kid On the Block

Thanks so much for your help!!

MOmommyscrapper
Veteran
MOmommyscrapper

• scraprabbit Said:
Ok, now I understand what you're looking for. I would recommend the Coluzzle or the Creative Memories templates also. I really like both, but I only have the Coluzzle.

I really like my coluzzle templates. There are lots of them so you have lots of options with them also!

llprncess3
Diva
llprncess3
In response to MOmommyscrapper

I really like my Fiskars shapecutter for things like that. I have the orange templates (only ones you can use) and you can also freehand shapes. It does take some time to learn it, but it works awesome!

Heather_Rochelle
Guru
Heather_Rochelle
In response to llprncess3

I also use the Fiskars and love it they have circles, ovals and square templates that are orange the also have the larger purple templates in those shapes as well as alpha templates and tags!!! It is a life saver for that type of work!!! you use a shapecutter express with the templates and it is very reasonably priced

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics