Page 2 of 122 
Username Post: Virtual Crop Week #57 Baby, It's WARM outside!        (Topic#1458675)
leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

have a good day, I'll try to pop in later

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to riorabbit

Ok...so much for sleep. I am not sleepy. So I am packing...and plan to head down to the valley later today. I will head out pretty early though so that I get down there before the sleepies hit.

I must look rediculous. While packing...I found a pair of toe socks (the socks with one spot for all the little piggies and one spot for the big toe). Decided my feet were cold and for the heck of it I would put them on. Ok...I like the idea of toe socks (I am wierd like that), but these are fugly. Part of why I put them on is I figured they were a good set to get dirty... because when the last load to to Phx is getting packed I want some of my nonessentials...major nonessentials around. They might not make it if no room... The stuff being packed early right now is a combo of I don't need at this moment, and I really want down there.

So I am wearing fugly toe socks, but to make matters worse...upon putting them on I found one has a hole in the toe. So one foot just has my big toe sticking out. Hahahah...they might be great for a halloween costume, but I think they will not be making the move after all.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to riorabbit

Morning!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
Boys Are Stupid!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to scrappycath

• angik Said:
Ok everyone drum roll please ******* and maybe some backflips!!! ooooo will have to get my little cheerleader to do that. Guess what??? My office/craft room is organzied and clean! I have never had all my stuff in one room and never had it organized! wow! Craft supplies, frames, glues, tapes are organized, craft books are together and scrap ideas and poem books are together, fiction books are together, pens, scissors, tapes etc oh my!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yea!!

Angi - I think you NEED to come visit my house!!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• NMlady Said:
Hello lady friends. Working sure messes with keeping up on here.

I SO agree!!!!!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Good morning! Now to catch up/skim.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• jelly97 Said:
Ooops... put too much Stickles on the title and now the paper is curled up!

Paper is curled up, but the bling sure looks good!

So glad you have your priorities straight!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

Have decided to make John his favorite cookies. I'm still annoyed with him, but I also realized that tomorrow is his Dad's birthday, and I think that he will benefit more from an expression of love rather than a kick in the patoot.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Only 2 or 3 pages on the old thread to go for me!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to moxiegirl23

• moxiegirl23 Said:
Have decided to make John his favorite cookies. I'm still annoyed with him, but I also realized that tomorrow is his Dad's birthday, and I think that he will benefit more from an expression of love rather than a kick in the patoot.

Heaping hot coals of love on his head?

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• daezee Said:
Cathy and Elizabeth....GREAT avi's! I love them!

Thanks Monica! And it's nice to see you - even if I didn't see you when you were actually logged on!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Vivian loves BLING

I found the photos that I got about 2 weeks ago!!! They were in the car still. Now I'm gonna scrap some 8.5x11 or 11x8.5. Oh, decisions, decisions!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• c-leaper Said:
  • riorabbit Said:
Oh ok...landline makes sense in that setting. Do you give them an option to get a land line though?

I personally have never had a landline as an adult. I probably never will either. Just seems kind of useless. I am actually surprised my parents keep theirs.

Main reason for keeping a landline - it'll still work even if there's a major power outage that affects cell towers.

Should make sure that the landline phone does not require electricity. If electric is out - then you will still have a form of communication.

Additionally not all 9-1-1 services are enhanced to pick up geographical location of cell phone calls - so if calling in an emergency and your communication is cut off - they don't know where you are. Even with the enhanced geo systems, they can have problems with picking up signals from closely located towers.

Landlines they do know at least where the call was made from. (the emergency isn't always located at the same place as where the call is placed).

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• moxiegirl23 Said:

Very nice!!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• c-leaper Said:

Laid down, even tho' I heard the baby awake and playing in his room as I went. I thought I'd just rest until he started yelling to get up.

Hadn't been asleep more than 5 minutes when my cell phone buzzed. DD was out at the time, so I thought it was probably her calling to say she was on the way home. Answered it.

It was my dad.

First time we had talked on the phone since the Blow-up/Meltdown last June.

We talked, which was good. And he called first, which shocked me to no end. But we didn't really get things resolved. Everything I tried to say, he took the worst way possible, and everything he tried to say hit me the worst way possible.

Was so exhausted and down and on the verge of weepy about that through supper. Then was giving DGS his bath for the night when my sweet little brother called. He had talked to Dad and was now calling to hear my side of it.

He & I talked for an hour or more. I really think he's in the wrong line of work (managing an assembly line at a OTC meds packing plant). He should've gone into either diplomacy or counseling. He's very good at listening, seeing both sides, and trying to find something in the middle that everyone can at least agree on.

When I finished talking to him, I was sooooo tired. Figured it was about time to break into the bottle of wine that's been around here forever - only to find that hubby finished it off sometime in the last day or so. (And when I went to check the trash, I found TWO empty bottles, which means he got one of his own and didn't even tell me about it.)

So I'm here. I'm catching up slowly. I'm going to go raid the kitchen and get the choc chip cookie dough and a cup of coffee. Anyone need anything while I'm there?

This is good. First steps! Hoping for further healing in your relationship!

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to leebla

Morning, ladies!

I crashed last nite... anyway, won't be here much today either.. got to drop off the 2 kids, later DD has a special chapel day.. then a farewell for some friends at work (they were laid off last Fri).

If I can squeeze in a haircut before I pick up the kids, that'll be great. Need to pick up mammo and u/s for my Mayo visit, but I forgot where I did them Have to call my gyn about it... ! Poor memories!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to jellyziva

I finished up on the old thread! Now I can officially get behind on this one! I've got to get back to doing work for work!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

accomplished two things so far that I've been putting off.

the cookies are cooling. I hate the smell of them (peanut butter) so I will be airing out the house later. Love peanut butter, but hate the smell of peanut butter cookies.

ok, back to work...

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy

hmmm. Just remembered I haven't taken a picture yet of me for the Circle Journal or of my picture for something unusual (You guys will not believe it when you see it).

Page 2 of 122 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics