Page 5 of 122 
Username Post: Virtual Crop Week #57 Baby, It's WARM outside!        (Topic#1458675)
Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Kimberly Rae

• Kimberly Rae Said:
Is it too late to get in on the Circle Journal...?
I changed my mind.... I'd love to do it. I just didn't think I would have the time.

There's no time limit. We send them out as we get them done, easy-peasy.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to riorabbit

• riorabbit Said:
Ok...so much for sleep. I am not sleepy. So I am packing...and plan to head down to the valley later today. I will head out pretty early though so that I get down there before the sleepies hit.

I must look rediculous. While packing...I found a pair of toe socks (the socks with one spot for all the little piggies and one spot for the big toe). Decided my feet were cold and for the heck of it I would put them on. Ok...I like the idea of toe socks (I am wierd like that), but these are fugly. Part of why I put them on is I figured they were a good set to get dirty... because when the last load to to Phx is getting packed I want some of my nonessentials...major nonessentials around. They might not make it if no room... The stuff being packed early right now is a combo of I don't need at this moment, and I really want down there.

So I am wearing fugly toe socks, but to make matters worse...upon putting them on I found one has a hole in the toe. So one foot just has my big toe sticking out. Hahahah...they might be great for a halloween costume, but I think they will not be making the move after all.

I remember toe socks. Had a few pairs myself.

Hope your trip goes well.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Kahlan

• Jesus Rocks Said:
I'm going to be in and out as well. Need to scrap, but later, ds wants to go see his girlfriend. So I have to drive him there, come home and pick him up later. I also have a couple of movies I want to watch.

Today I found out my sister got a call yesterday, for a job with benefits. I'm happy for her because I know she needs the benefits, but it's back to working Mon-Fri for me, except this Mon. My mom is going to Myrtle Beach tonight, so I do get a three day weekend.

I miss going to Myrtle Beach. Maybe next year.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to scrappycath

• scrappycath Said:
  • Diva foltzy Said:
My dad just called and at the end of the conversation said I guess we'll see you at the party. I know nothing of a party so I say "What party" here my sister is having a sweet 16 party (This I did know) for her partner's daughter. We were not invited I guess. Dad said "weren't you invited" said "guess not", so he's going to call my sister. I don't want to go to a party that I'm not welcomed at you know.

Ooo that's awkward. Any chance she just forgot to invite you?

I once forgot to invite my mother. I'd been talking to her about details for the party and every thing. Not once did she mention to me that I didn't really invite her in any way. Oops. My sister told me. So I called her right away and apologized for it. I just thought I had invited her already.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to Kimberly Rae

• Kimberly Rae Said:
Is it too late to get in on the Circle Journal...?
I changed my mind.... I'd love to do it. I just didn't think I would have the time.

Kim - check your PMs.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to c-leaper

Off to cook dinner for my crew. Be back later tonight.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to foltzy

• Diva foltzy Said:
My dad just called and at the end of the conversation said I guess we'll see you at the party. I know nothing of a party so I say "What party" here my sister is having a sweet 16 party (This I did know) for her partner's daughter. We were not invited I guess. Dad said "weren't you invited" said "guess not", so he's going to call my sister. I don't want to go to a party that I'm not welcomed at you know.

Liz, you and I can stay home and have our OWN party this weekend.

After yesterday's phone call with my dad, I sent an email last night telling him I appreciated the fact that he called first (editorial comment: a miracle in itself!) and made the effort, even if we didn't get anything resolved.

He responded today and the first thing he said was, "I think you and your family should go to the dedication this weekend." After that, he proposed that afterward he & I could go somewhere for lunch, just the two of us, and talk things out.

Ummmm..... Hmmmm.....

Dear Dad,

I quit caring what you think a long time ago. It no longer has any bearing on my life. But thanks for your input.

I don't think this weekend is good.

It should be Rusty & Bethany - and Cassie & Kynlee's - weekend. Not a time for diplomatic talks. That probably should happen some other time when it won't take away from anything else.

Since you and I seem to have a habit of reading the worst possible meaning into what each other says, it'd probably be good to have someone else there, too. Someone who is more objective and can hear what's being said and make sure we both hear it, too. Rusty seems to be doing a good job of it so far. But I wouldn't want to pull him away from the dedication festivities.

Since this concerns Kim...even if she wasn't directly involved, it does concern her...she wants to be there, too, so she can hear things directly. If this happened this weekend, that would tie up both me and her, and Ethan will only stand for that so long before he starts becoming a problem.

So I don't think this weekend would be good. The next time you're up this way, let me know and we'll see what can be worked out.

(That's copied-and-pasted verbatim, btw, EXCEPT for the very first paragraph. That's the part that I wanted to say, but didn't.)

So...Liz...when does the party start?

Kahlan
Kahlan 
Queen
Kahlan
In response to Vivian loves BLING

I've got to scrap tomorrow. I am first up on the round robin. It's been awhile since I went after someone else. Oh well, need to think of something original. Of course, I tend to do lo's with a big circle. I'm going to have to be different(putting thinking cap on). HMMM.

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to Kahlan

Jenni, the party can start tomorrow night. I still have this paper to write tonight (since last night was date night and I refuse to miss that with Brian, though our last one was the night we got the phone call about his dad).

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to Kahlan

• Jesus Rocks Said:
I've got to scrap tomorrow. I am first up on the round robin. It's been awhile since I went after someone else. Oh well, need to think of something original. Of course, I tend to do lo's with a big circle. I'm going to have to be different(putting thinking cap on). HMMM.

A big hexagon?
A big triangle?

A big triangle...the points representing you, your family, and Jesus, and then journaling about how each works to hold the other two together.

(Okay, so maybe it's a stinky idea, but at least it's one stinky idea you don't have to spend time thinking of and discarding.)

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to foltzy

• Diva foltzy Said:

I don't blame ya there.
My friend Mellisa is constantly trying to invite me along to places she was invited to, but I was not. I won't do that. If the person organizing the event doesn't invite me, I won't go. I think it's "poor form" to show up somewhere you are not invited.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to Kahlan

Party some for me. I'll be working Sunday, anyway. Tomorrow I'm going to try and not be here, even though I'll be scrapping at home with Melanie.

I just got off the phone tying up last minute details with the charity crop coordinator. I just found out that she's going to have some teenagers there to help with heavy stuff! Yea! I won't have to drag everything in by myself, even with my pretty new luggage cart.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to scrappycath

• scrappycath Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:
  • scrappycath Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:
:( can't remember where I left my coffee. Must go searching...

Oh gosh! This is terrifying!
Hope you found it!

Go ahead and mock the under-caffeinated. You will be dealt with someday, for you will desperately need caffeine and all that will be available to you is partially-decaffeinated at best! mwahahahahahaha!

There was NO sarcasm in my typing! I DO think it IS terrifying to not be able to find ones caffeine!!!!!! And it is often the lacl of caffeine that causes me to misplace my mug!!!

OK Cath, put down the caffeine and the excess exclamation marks and walk away!

Kahlan
Kahlan 
Queen
Kahlan
In response to c-leaper

• c-leaper Said:
  • Jesus Rocks Said:

A big hexagon?
A big triangle?

A big triangle...the points representing you, your family, and Jesus, and then journaling about how each works to hold the other two together.

(Okay, so maybe it's a stinky idea, but at least it's one stinky idea you don't have to spend time thinking of and discarding.)

It's not a stinky idea! I need to remember that. I just don't know if it would work for the ones who have to scraplift off of me. Maybe I'll do something sweet and simple. Maybe.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to Kahlan

Here's how stupid John's company is.

I'm not sure when, but ages ago, this toopid young guy was driving warehouse equipment, didn't pay attention and ran into John, who was standing in the yellow painted safe area/no equipment allowed zone. Guy got in trouble and had to take a "whiz quiz" to see if he was just stupid or if mind altering substances were involved. I think toopid guy lost a raise because of it. Toopid guy now blames John for all things.

Tuesday, John was hauling cardboard to the compactor when Toopid Guy intentionally moved the equipment he was driving to block John's way. Wouldn't let John pass. (This was not the first time it happened, either) John mouthed off to him a little: "I can stand here all day, I'm done with my work, it's your rate sheet that's gonna suffer. Oh yeah, it's not, cause you lie about how hard you work." Toopid Guy responded that he was gonna come down there and kick John's tush. That was the point where John left the cardboard and called HR to file a complaint.

HR interviewed John, Toopid Guy and the one witness and concluded that while Toopid Guy opened his yap and actually threatened John, since "he probably didn't mean it" they were gonna just dismiss the whole thing. That torked John off, because if he were not 6'2", kinda burly and an ex-Marine or if John had made the threat, they would've taken it seriously. HR finally sent Toopid Guy home after John informed them that if they did not take it seriously and do something to stop this, not only would John refuse to work in the same department as Toopid Guy, but John had no problem going to the cops and the county courthouse and applying for an order of protection against Toopid Guy and watching the police cart Toopid Guy off for breaking the order since Toopid Guy is toopid enough to think himself above the law.

I don't know what else came of this, but John's HR department is, well, toopid.

Kahlan
Kahlan 
Queen
Kahlan
In response to moxiegirl23

Gotta go take son to his sweetie. This just isn't right. BBL!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to Kahlan

Need to order dinner and then go pick it up. back later.

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy

The stupid party is tonight and I'm suppose to stupid go. She says I knew about it which is just a lie, but of course I look like I'm the bad guy and forgot about it and she's the innocent one and she told me. Some days I can't stand my family. BBL

Edited by Diva foltzy on 04-04-08 02:24 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

waiting on hubby to get home, our "date" night...a burger and a beer somewhere...then he'll come home and start working on the boat until he's tired, then come in and fall asleep in the chair. but the last couple times we've gone out we've taken a kid and he said we could not do that this week. I really want to do some cleaning here, but I REALLY want to scrap this weekend and I am going to, one way or another

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to foltzy

• Diva foltzy Said:
The stupid party is tonight and I'm suppose to stupid go. She says I knew about it which is just a lie, but of course I look like I'm the bad guy and forgot about it and she's the innocent one and she told me. Some days I can't stand my family. BBL

Oh Liz...well at least you can just get it over with. Maybe she thought she told you in the midst of all the funeral stuff or something.

have a good time!

Page 5 of 122 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics