Username Post: new bottles of stickles clogged        (Topic#1459477)
mommie75
Angel
mommie75

i was scrapping yest and there was probaly three differnt bottles that i could not get anything out of , brand new bottles.. has any one else had this problem ???

i tried cutting it down more to see if that would help no did not help so i just ended up throwing them away.. good thing the only cost 2.00 a bottle but still very frustraing........

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to mommie75

Pick them out of the trash if you can and try this:

The top pops off. Sure enough, it does. Take the little spout off and clean it really good. Use a needle to dig in there if you have to. Run hot water through the spout that the stickles come out of. Sometimes, they get a clump of glitter in them that keeps them from working properly. Often, if you dislodge the clump, they work just fine. HTH

Im a Believer
Mayor
Im a Believer
In response to mommie75

HI Jennifer ~ I use Stickles all the time and have never had a problem. Could be a bad batch - even though they are "only" $2.00 I would take them back and get a new bottle or refund.

Have you tried a stick pin down thru the opening?

Sorry your having issues ~

I don't think it's the product - we all use them at our LSS.

Have a GREAT weekend ~

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to Im a Believer

I've found that sometimes there's a skootch of dried glue in the tips. Taking the tip off and washing it in water and using a pin or a needle to unclog it is the best way to go.

mommie75
Angel
mommie75
In response to moxiegirl23

thanks i will see if they are still in the trash lol i am not sure they are .. but i will remeber this next time... i had never used them before so i did not think about it just being clogged with glitter..

i can not just take them back since i shop online for everything ...........

AZGIRL
Expert
AZGIRL
In response to mommie75

take it out of the trash mine get clogged all the time. I have to stick a pin, piercer or thumb tack to unclog it (which ever is closer)

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to mommie75

I keep a pin stuck in a piece of paper in the box my Stickles live in. That way if I find a clog, I don't have to waste time searching for anything to unstick it with.

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to moxiegirl23

I keep a little container of bulletin board push-pins on the top of my work table. I use them all the time for everything from unclogging bottles to piercing holes for brads.

rajah1116
Veteran
rajah1116
In response to dwelch

This happens to me ALOT! Yeah, I just stick my paper piercing needle down through the top and it unclogs it!

scrappinmonkey
Queen
scrappinmonkey
In response to rajah1116

Try the pin and water - worked for me!

Renee77
Diva
Renee77
In response to scrappinmonkey

the pin works for me all the time...

juljul13
Veteran
juljul13
In response to Renee77

where does one buy these stickles? I ckd out AC moore today and didn't see anything.

thanks girls!

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to juljul13

here
I get them at a LSS as well. Archivers also carries them, and I've seen them at J's.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Edited by Here Kitty on 04-11-08 04:39 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Capucine
Idol
Capucine
In response to Here Kitty

I own every single colour and since I started storing them top down, I don't have any more problem with clogging.

I will have to keep in mind that we can remove the top. Might be useful.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics