Username Post: Extra Photos        (Topic#1459483)
Collective Memories
Resident
Collective Memories

I always take plenty pics and kind of using my scrapbooking to show off my pics. I do not have any photo albums. What does everyone do with their extra photos that you do not scrapbook????

Please help. I did think about just buying albums for them.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to Collective Memories

right now, all my unscrapped photos are organized into the CM photo boxes. (ok, some are in piles scattered every where, but I'm trying to be organized!) Since I went digital, I've been tending to print exactly what I scrap and nothing more.

I had them in albums until I realized that the boxes took up less space than the albums that no one was looking at anyway.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to moxiegirl23

Since going digital, I just don't develop every photo, only the ones that I'll scrap or give to another person.

Before with film, I always got double prints. Those are in a box in chronological order. One day, not any time soon, I'll go through them and give the copies to my kids. Let them deal with it.

croppycatter
Resident
croppycatter
In response to Vivian loves BLING

I try to stick them in photo albums. the kids love looking at those just as much as the scrapbook albums.

Collective Memories
Resident
Collective Memories
In response to croppycatter

I have the boxes too. I spent the past weekend organizing mine. I use Kodak Gallery to keep my pictures that I have not printed. That way I can go back and print when I finish scraping the pictures I do have printed. Thanks guys I think what I will do is, print only the extras that the kids will enjoy in an album of their own and then print the ones for my scrapbooks. That way I can keep my scrapbooks and when the kids grow up they can take their very own albums with them.

Thanks to all!!

photo_chick
Diva
photo_chick
In response to Collective Memories

I have boxes of prints.. and I also have photo albums for them. They kind of get sorted into three stacks... scrapable, album, and so bad they need to hide in a box. LOL.

Heather_Rochelle
Guru
Heather_Rochelle
In response to photo_chick

i have several albums that i've kept for years. I also from time to time take pics out of those to scrap!!! My albums get looked at as well as my scrapbooks

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to photo_chick

Possible Projects/Gift-Giving Ideas:

- paper bag albums
- exploding box albums
- acrylic albums
- 8 x 8 mini albums
- a collage or a mosaic
- give to grandma, friends, relatives

Possible Storage Ideas:

- Memory Dock
- Photo Hopper
- Photo Boxes

WeeFaerie
Queen
WeeFaerie
In response to KellyCali

My printed ones are in boxes, but most are digital so they are on cds and a hard drive. I love digital!

cjy
cjy 
Idol
cjy
  • cjy on 04-16-08 09:51 AM
In response to WeeFaerie

The older ones that are not digital are in boxes. Otherwise I print only the ones I am going to scrap. Except for the pictures I take that I want to enlarge. Those are in an album.

Collective Memories
Resident
Collective Memories
In response to KellyCali

I like the idea of using them for gifts. I would have never thought about it. I could make cards of the extra photos for family to see the kids growing up. Great idea!!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics