Username Post: Has anyone ever tried this?        (Topic#1459889)
DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301

Hiya! I have a rather silly question (or another silly question). I've been looking for Japanese-esque paper for this pictures I want to scrap--- The pictures are from the New York Anime Festival I went to last Dec. ---but I can't find anything no matter where I look. Has anyone tried printing out desktop wallpapers to use as scrapbooking paper? If you were to try that, would you use regular printer paper or some other kind of paper?

Thanks!

StrawberryPia
Governor
StrawberryPia
In response to DNA301

If I were to do anything like that it should be acid and ligning free paper! A4 sized or 11,5 X 8 (letter?)

gg  loves Matthew
Queen
gg  loves Matthew
In response to StrawberryPia

what about using origami paper?

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to gg loves Matthew

origami paper is not acid or lignin free. Be careful about printing out wallpapers: some of them are copyright protected and printing them is a violation of the law (the fine starts around $25,000 if convicted) and depending on the resoltuion they were created at and how big the file is, they might not print clear because they're made to be shown on a computer screen, which handles lower res items better than paper does.

I know that Die Cuts With a View has a Far East (Asian themed) stack. I don't know if that's the look you want to go with the anime festival or not.

Three Bright Lights
Diva
Three Bright Lights
In response to moxiegirl23

I was thinking about DCWV's Far East, and I think K and Company has an Eastern theme too. I can think of a couple of asian themed digi kits too... let me see if I can dig you up the links. Those would be fine to print out for personal use, and ought to print out with good resolution. Plus you can use them over and over again... I like Epson's heavyweight matte presentation paper for my printouts because glossy photo paper just doesn't look right to me.

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to Three Bright Lights

I haven't tried it BUT I do have some of the paper that a friend of my husband and I sent us.

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to SQ Mandi

Some of the BG Lily Kate papers are Japanese-esque.
Products Referenced in This Post:

~ShawnaH~
Veteran
~ShawnaH~
In response to gg loves Matthew

• gg loves Matthew Said:
what about using origami paper?

If the origami paper is not acid free you could scan it and print on safe paper.

Or
What about making your own? You could probably duplicate the loose brush stokes of a few characters as a back drop or title.

Shutterbugg
Idol
Shutterbugg
In response to ~ShawnaH~

Club Scrap had a kit several years ago that had japanese themed things in it. The papers had writing on them and some japanese looking trees. Very beautiful kit. I don't know if it is still available or not though.

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to Shutterbugg

I have seen some japaneses stickers and such on ETSY. Also there are tons of Japanese fabrics out there and people do use fabrics on layouts so you could try that.

I searched for some Asain stuff in the superstore...this is what I found. Not quite what you are talking about, but these might be fun too.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics