Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Circle Cutters        (Topic#1460781)
mamaK
mamaK 
Expert
mamaK
  • mamaK on 04-23-08 10:06 AM

I've noticed alot of people are using circles on their layouts. I wouldn't mind trying a few on my layouts, something to spice up my album. My question is how do you cut the circles? I am assuming you are using some kind of cutter...so I guess what I am asking is what cutter brands are you using and generally how much do they cost? The only circle cutter I am really familiar with (but don't have) are the Creative Memories ones.

Margy
Margy 
Queen
Margy
  • Margy on 04-23-08 10:15 AM
In response to mamaK

I got the Curvy Cutter for this reason. I got the most positive feedback from the people on this site, about it. I haven't used it yet... too busy w/ a new baby HTH!!!

mamaK
mamaK 
Expert
mamaK
  • mamaK on 04-23-08 10:16 AM
In response to Margy

I see and can I find that in the superstore here? Good luck with the new baby...now just think you'll have soo much more to scrapbook.

Spacy Tracy
Mayor
Spacy Tracy
In response to mamaK

I have the Creative Memories Circle and Oval cutting system... I LOVE it!!! I can't remember the actual cost, but I believe it was reasonable... HTH

ajroemisch
Idol
ajroemisch
In response to mamaK

• mamaK Said:
I've noticed alot of people are using circles on their layouts. I wouldn't mind trying a few on my layouts, something to spice up my album. My question is how do you cut the circles? I am assuming you are using some kind of cutter...so I guess what I am asking is what cutter brands are you using and generally how much do they cost? The only circle cutter I am really familiar with (but don't have) are the Creative Memories ones.

I have the Coluzzle system and love it!!
Products Referenced in This Post:
Coluzzle Swivel Knife (Discontinued)
Coluzzle Starter Kit (Discontinued)

Fortunes Fool
Governor
Fortunes Fool
In response to ajroemisch

I LOVE this one!!!!!

Expert
In response to Fortunes Fool

I love cm circle cutters, I've had mine for over 7 years. I also have the curvy cutter, but I've only had to use it to make large circles.

grammykimmy
Expert
grammykimmy
In response to Sylver_Mercedes

I have the CM and the Cutter Bee ones. I like the CM ones for smaller circles, but you are limited to a certain size. With the Cutter Bee you can make larger circles.

debib55
Expert
debib55
In response to grammykimmy

I have the CM cutting system and LOVE IT!!!

Tia Hokee
Diva
Tia Hokee
In response to debib55

I have the CM cutting system too, and believe me, it is the best! You get a nice, clean cut each time, and you have the ability to cut shapes in several sizes.

on_the_plains
Expert
on_the_plains
In response to Tia Hokee

I have CM cutting system also. I just saw the cutest layout on the Fiskars site using circles. You'll have to check it out. It's one of the April Layouts.

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to on_the_plains

Another vote for the Curvy cutter!! You can cut larger circles with this than the CM one, that's my fav thing about it.

MOmommyscrapper
Veteran
MOmommyscrapper
In response to Here Kitty

I have the Coluzzle system. It is very reasonable priced and also you can get different shapes besides circle and oval. In it you can get star, heart, even alphabets, and many many more!!

marine-wife
Guru
marine-wife
In response to mamaK

I have a Fiskars shape cutter and I bought the circle templates
Products Referenced in This Post:

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 04-23-08 04:12 PM
In response to marine-wife

This is one of the famous questions that are posted often, i love my CM cutter system, cant be any happier with the tools! Go to their website and you will be able to see all the different shapes and prices. I am not a con of CM but love their cutting system tools.

gabriellep
Governor
gabriellep
In response to Once

I don't know if this is too old school but I simply use a circle template made by Crafters Workshop and cut it out by hand. There's lot's of sizes and the milar template is very inexpensive....heehee, I spend WAY to much money on scrapbook products so I try to save where I can

mamaK
mamaK 
Expert
mamaK
  • mamaK on 04-23-08 06:37 PM
In response to gabriellep

Oh my thanks for all the responces ladies...you were all very helpful. There were several layouts in the gallery that are just awesome and they have circles on them. I had to know what was being used for them. I think I still have a CM catalog around here so I will check out those prices and compare them to the others that were mentioned.

mkthomas
Veteran
mkthomas
In response to mamaK

I would go with the CutterBee Curvy Cutter for sure!! I had never used a circle cutter I liked until that. I would recomend using a glass mat for cutting though, it works a lot better!!!

LeCricket
Resident
LeCricket
In response to mkthomas

CM system for me as well!

EverSoClever
Expert
EverSoClever
In response to LeCricket

CM here too

I have also been known to trace bowls from my kitchen :0)

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics