Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Stickles??        (Topic#1461867)
farnsworth
Idol
farnsworth

Ok what is this how do you use it and what is it for??? I have heard everyone talking about it I dont get it?

SB1280
SB1280 
Mayor
SB1280
In response to farnsworth

Stickles are a lot of fun! I love them. Here's what's available here at the superstore:
Products Referenced in This Post:

Julia2000
Diva
Julia2000
In response to SB1280

I LOVE it! I use it to decorate flowers, accent chipboard, make my own glitter paper with it! Lots of fun uses!

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to Julia2000

Stickles are like a liquid glitter/glitter glue that comes in lots of colors (see the post above). They come out of the bottle in a rather thin line so you can do detail work, like draw a line of glitter around a photo or title letters. Basically, you can use them to add glitter to almost anything without the muss and fuss of putting down some glue and sprinkling loose glitter over it. I have even used them to trace designs on pp so that it gets shimmery. HTH

Tia Hokee
Diva
Tia Hokee
In response to siameseplease

You will love Stickles! I use them on my layouts as well as my cards. It's a great way to add that little extra something to your artwork.

Just remember to allow the Stickles to dry for at least 30 minutes before putting your layout away.

Out To Pasture
Veteran
Out To Pasture
In response to Tia Hokee

Love them!!! Good luck deciding on just one color though!

PJ

melilou
Guru
melilou
In response to Out To Pasture

I borrowed a friend's stickles to do this LO:

My Girls 1 By Melilou

I really enjoyed it. I used the stickles to make designs on my chipboard letters, and to add a little punch to the lace cardstock.

Now I want tons of stickles of my own, but haven't decided on the first color. My budget just doesn't allow buying them ALL at once.

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to melilou

I'm in the scrapfaster challenge--but come July 1 I intend to order stickles!

jeni0071
Pro
jeni0071
In response to scrapperbee

Oh, you MUST have some stickles in your stash! They add so much to your LO's...they are SOOO fun, and all the colors, oh my! :~)

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to jeni0071

After trying stickles I became addicted. Yes, I am a stickles addict and not ashamed to say so!!!!

I stickle EVERYTHING!!!!! When dh sees me with stickles in hand, he runs

I've found ebay offers some good prices on this product.

Happy Stickling

PaperPrincess13
Expert
PaperPrincess13
In response to Linnny

I haven't bought the stickles brand, but I tried some from the $1 bin at Joanns and I love the added touch they give. I will even cut out small letters and than put that on the letters to give them dimension and color. So much fun for swirls and just about everything!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to PaperPrincess13

I loooove Stickles!!! A few friends and I even made up a song about them:

"99 bottles of Stickles on the wall
99 bottles of Stickles...
Take one down
Spread bling around
98 bottles of Stickles on the wall..."

PaperPrincess13
Expert
PaperPrincess13
In response to BlingQueenRia

to cute!!!!!

MissScrapsAlot
Mayor
MissScrapsAlot
In response to BlingQueenRia

• BlingPrincessRia Said:
I loooove Stickles!!! A few friends and I even made up a song about them:

"99 bottles of Stickles on the wall
99 bottles of Stickles...
Take one down
Spread bling around
98 bottles of Stickles on the wall..."

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to MissScrapsAlot

Bet you can't buy just one!

ToriElizabeth
Expert
ToriElizabeth
In response to dwelch

i am so glad i read this! i've been wondering what stickles are and why everyone loves them so much, and just after reading all of your answers they sound so fun! you can bet i'll be adding some to my stash asap!!

Momarazzi
Veteran
Momarazzi
In response to ToriElizabeth

Ok I have never used stickles. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this stuff looks like glorified puff paint LOL. Is it? I used to use puff paint back in the early 90's to decorate all sorts of stuff!

Jennifer

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 06-06-08 07:57 AM
In response to Momarazzi

• Momarazzi Said:
Ok I have never used stickles. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this stuff looks like glorified puff paint LOL. Is it? I used to use puff paint back in the early 90's to decorate all sorts of stuff!

Jennifer

Glorified puff paint? Say it ain't so!

Stickles are glitter and glue combined. They don't puff, well unless you accidentally make a glob, then they're puffed, sorta kinda.

They sparkly and pretty and it's BPR and Viv's fault that I now have Stickles and have stickled my fingers to paper. Just not a pretty sight, I tell you what.

spend2much
Diva
spend2much
In response to GrandmaMichelf

Just picked up 7 more colors yesterday of this very addicting stuff.
If it's put on thick it will remain a bit puffy but if it's put on a bit thin it will flatten which is what I like about this stuff...I have a choice.

mariposa326
Diva
mariposa326
In response to spend2much

Are there any colors that you would say are a "Must Have" for someone who doesn't have any but is looking to buy? Like some colors that you use all the time and can't live without?

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics