Username Post: Transparencies for inkjet        (Topic#1461905)
crazyaboutscrapping
Expert
crazyaboutscrapping

Where can you buy transparencies for an inkjet printer and how much are they?

Diva
In response to crazyaboutscrapping

Staples/Office Depot-type places are good sources. They aren't cheap, but they aren't totally ridiculous, either. I'm not sure what I paid for a pack of 10 anymore, but that kind of stuff also goes on sale occasionally too.

TriciaH
Guru
TriciaH
In response to crazyaboutscrapping

I buy them here. Smaller packs than office max.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to TriciaH

I get them at the evil WM because that's my only choice. They are about $1.00 per page.

Edited by scrap4brains on 05-02-08 06:39 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Resident
In response to scrap4brains

If you only have 1 or 2 items to print on transparencies, put it on a usb stick and take it to Staples. They will print it on a transparancy for you and charge you just around $1.00.

scraperfect
Pro
scraperfect
In response to scrapcar63

Here's a bit of info about inkjet transparencies:

IF you care about archival safety (and I'm not saying you should, I'm just reporting the facts...)

Most office supply inkjet transp. are not archivally safe. 3M explained that they are made in an acid bath and that's what makes the slightly rough surface that the ink adhere's to.

So, if you care about the srchival safety and unless the box says "acid-free" (as Graffix does, you can assume they are not safe.

As a side note, you can always use write-on transparencies as these have no coating whatsoever. Check out the following links to see how to use transparency films -- even a film negative with your inkjet printer:

http://scrapbook.com/blogs/28018/view/7996 1.html

http://scrapbook.com/blogs/28018/view/1323 3.html

Scrappy Nan
Idol
Scrappy Nan
In response to scraperfect

i bought DCWV transparencies at Joann's - about $10 for a pack of 10 - wait for a coupon and save some dough

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Scrappy Nan

The first one I bought was a single sheet ($0.50) at the office copy store (CopyMax).

I have since bought some 12x12 Scotch 3M "printable transparent sheets for scrapbooking & Crafting" at Joann's on clearance. I haven't used them yet (and don't have a large format printer, so I'll have to cut them down to print ).

I just looked at the package. It says:
"Important Notice. Before using this product, you must evaluate and determine if it is suitable for your intended application. You assume all risks and liability associated with such use."

I would assume this means they are NOT archival safe.

It makes me wonder if the pre-printed transparencies sold for scrapbooking are archival safe. ???

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics