Page 1 of 128 
Username Post: Virtual Crop Week #62-Jump Right In!        (Topic#1463029)
Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

What is this thread about?

Well, things get quiet here on the weekends, so a thread was started to just hang out and do a virtual crop. Since then it's grown into more. Several people are now "regular" including myself. We chat about anything and everything. (Warning: Sometimes we stray into areas that may be considered "adult," although we always try to be tasteful about it.) We share our latest layouts, pictures, whatever interests us. We have fun and encourage each other.

It's now all week long, too. Since it is a new thread each week, it's easier for anyone to join. Even though we start over each week, it's STILL pages and pages long. Don't be intimidated, we are happy to have anyone drop by and say hello. Some of us read all the replies and keep up, but it is not required. Warning: It can get addictive!

Circle Journal Information:
I suggest 8x8 format because it's easy to do and will fit into a standard mailer.

It's everyone's choice to do either a single or a two page spread and to add whatever you want. Vivian, personally, would like to see a current photo, likes and dislikes on whatever, and something unusual about each person. Like for Liz/Moxie to show her extensive Stickles collection.

To keep things simple, do the same layout for everyone. You could change papers and such depending on your stash but keeping to the same design will make things much easier/faster and no one gets a better page from you than the next person. If someone is short on funds/time to make copies, digitals are acceptable. Even digital copies can be doctored up (read that as blinged) to make a hybrid layout.

PM those you want page(s) from and you'll be getting PMs from others in the Circle. Just let it be known you're interesting in doing this in the thread. This isn't just for VCWer, so if you want to add other people, go ahead. It's your album.

Please leave updates about yourself here. This is for those who can't be online as much as they would like to be. At least this way, there's highlights from this thread.

Most of us also really love bling and encourage bling usage!

Come visit OUR GALLERY to meet some of the irregular regulars!

There are several of us who are dealing with weight/health issues, too, so we've started a HEALTHY CHALLENGE as a way to have support and accountability for whatever your goals may be.

So come on! Don't be bashful! And don't be afraid of the fact that this thread MOVES. Just jump in wherever we are, and we'll be glad to get you caught up on what's happening. We never know what we're going to talk about or how silly we will get.

WARNING: Reading of, or participation in, this thread could result in food or drink being sprayed across your computer.
Please practice proper food safety; eat and drink responsibly. We wouldn't want anyone to actually

Edited by Bling Fairy Vivian on 05-09-08 12:36 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Vivian loves BLING

Started the new thread. Got 80+ pix uploaded and ordered. Finally feeling sleepy enough to try to go to bed again.

It's now raining here. That's good because we need the rain for agricultural reasons and for us to check for leaks in the new building. And it's bad, this means I can't apply the sealer tomorrow. Maybe I'll get to scrap instead.

Good night.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to Vivian loves BLING

morning!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to moxiegirl23

morning!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

• daezee Said:
I probably screwed up. So get out your thwacking sticks.
I was just trying to catch up and I read Liz and Rio's posts about the MW thing.
I just signed up to be a consultant. I've been trying to decide for quite awhile now which company would work best for me, and a few days ago I decided on MW.

If you think it's going to work best, then it's the best choice for you. If you need advice, let me know. And honestly, if it doesn't work out, you're not out as much as you would be if you went CM. And if in the future you want to try CM, let me know.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

sooooo....I just want everyone to know that as soon as my new pc is up and running...my very first project will be to backup all of my picture CDs. I know, I know....but with it being as stupid as it was being, it was just to daunting a task, and after all they are all on CDs and all in a case right?
DD borrowed the cases the other day.

Sooooo my computer genius friend...
anyone know if by some miracle a computer will read, or there is a way to retrieve any of my honeymoon pics off of a CD with a small chunk missing out of it?

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

• riorabbit Said:
I have plenty of friends that care, but truly...friends don't go sit through graduation ceremonies. They are tedious and annoying...

I would.

My BFF from high school is graduating with her RN and I think her masters in a couple of weeks. I've been invited to the ceremony, but I probably won't go simply because it's four hours away. I can't afford the gas or a hotel room if I go. I still might change my mind and go.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
sooooo....I just want everyone to know that as soon as my new pc is up and running...my very first project will be to backup all of my picture CDs. I know, I know....but with it being as stupid as it was being, it was just to daunting a task, and after all they are all on CDs and all in a case right?

anyone know if by some miracle a computer will read, or there is a way to retrieve any of my honeymoon pics off of a CD with a small chunk missing out of it?

I don't know. Can you get the chunk back? And is DD still breathing?

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

I need to go move some pics off of the old one now, onto the EHD. And any programs i might want to save. I guess actually I should just back up the whole pc on it and then I can pick and choose what I need later I think, right?

I still have a house to clean and soooo much paperwork to do and patients to call.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to leebla

Well, the good thing about backing everything up is that you can start it going and then walk away and do something else for awhile.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

• moxiegirl23 Said:
  • leebla Said:

I don't know. Can you get the chunk back? And is DD still breathing?

DD is still breathing...because she is not here. She is at her dad's. And so far a certain little puppy seems to still be alive so he either didn't actually eat the piece, or hopefully he chewed it up small. I found the CD half under the couch. I didn't get a chance to look for the chunk since dh was coming in the door and I didn't want him to see it

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

• moxiegirl23 Said:
Well, the good thing about backing everything up is that you can start it going and then walk away and do something else for awhile.

Figure I better start it now. Slow as that computer is, it may still be running when the guy gets here tomorrow!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to leebla

My CM order is out for delivery! It will be here today and not Monday!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

he is in another chewing stage.
A bad one. It isn't just things left in his reach. Last night he jumped up on the kitchen table for a package of plastic silverware.
The other day he stole a pill bottle off the back of my desk (that one scared the ******** out of me)

Scotch tape rolls, a barrette, pens, pencils....
he has about 12 million chew toys!!!!

Can't take my eyes off him for a minute,
But it's really easy, cause if he has something he shouldn't (and he knows) he makes a beeline for under the couch or under the bed! You cannot believe how fast he can flatten out and get under my couch!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to leebla

Hello!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

OMG!!! God is good!

There are actually two small pieces missing from this CD...but all of my pictures are still there and my laptop read them all!!!!!!!

Chief will live to chew another day!

I think I might have to scrap this one!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to leebla

Yea!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to scrappycath

DS #1 called from the bus stop..... forgot his wallet and he is walking in town after school with his buddies (big deal for an aspie guy). Of course by the time I could run it up to the bus stop the bus had been there... so I had to drive him to school.

Now the coffee I poured just before that is cold.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

Elizabeth, have you thought about spraying him with a water bottle or shooting him with a nerf gun when he goes for something he shouldn't?

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to scrappycath

So glad to hear the CD chewing Chief will survive!

Page 1 of 128 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics