Page 4 of 128 
Username Post: Virtual Crop Week #62-Jump Right In!        (Topic#1463029)
jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to momany

• momany Said:
  • Bling Fairy Vivian Said:
Hey, TJ! Who knew shopping could be so hard?

So the only thing I really NEED is mini Glue Dots . I can get those at M's. Bummer. No excuse to shop the Superstore.

Glue Dots and Stickles are necessities...

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to moxiegirl23

• moxiegirl23 Said:
  • jelly97 Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:
I'm trying to see what software compatibility issues I might have with Vista, and none of the knowledge bases (adobe and microsucks) are being helpful.

Newsgroup is a better bet? I've always depended on the users instead ....

Adobe's is usually very helpful, but it's broken right now.

True, MS and Intuit are not...

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Vivian loves BLING

Oops, needed to add this for the special, too.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Changed my order. Removed the vertical organizers and added 3 bottles of different colored Stickles. Hoping this will alleviate my desire to order the whole pack on evil bay.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Ordering here is done. What's next?

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Simon: I'm trying to put this as delicately as I can...how do I know you won't kill me in my sleep?
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.
Simon: Are you always this sentimental?
Mal: I had a good day.
Simon: You had the Alliance on you, criminals and savages... half the people on the ship have been shot or wounded including yourself, and you're harboring known fugitives.
Mal: We're still flying.
Simon: That's not much.
Mal: It's enough.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to jellyziva

Shirley. I've been following that story. It's heartbreaking and the government is being stupid.

Unfortunately, most of my being upset is being focused on my local city government and the school district. The city is facing a shortfall, the mayor wants to cut spending and the superintendant has decided that any cut in spending is unacceptable where I can see that the school's spending is already ridiculous and out of control. Sorry, but if their budget and spending was in control, then they would not be begging parents to donate basic necessities like paper towels and cleaning supplies. I see problems in the school district that will not be fixed if they throw money at them, and honestly, I would rather see spending cut than see my taxes go up. I have free or inexpensive resources to make up for any shortfalls in Abby's education, I don't have an extra several hundred dollars minimum for taxes that they're just going to waste anyway.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

WTH! DHL (who is the shipper bringing me my laptop) just delivered my computer "lojack" recovery software that comes with my laptop. Both items left at the same time from the same place, but evidently, my laptop is taking the Scenic Route from Dell to Manchester.

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva

• moxiegirl23 Said:

Unfortunately, most of my being upset is being focused on my local city government and the school district. The city is facing a shortfall, the mayor wants to cut spending and the superintendant has decided that any cut in spending is unacceptable where I can see that the school's spending is already ridiculous and out of control. Sorry, but if their budget and spending was in control, then they would not be begging parents to donate basic necessities like paper towels and cleaning supplies. I see problems in the school district that will not be fixed if they throw money at them, and honestly, I would rather see spending cut than see my taxes go up. I have free or inexpensive resources to make up for any shortfalls in Abby's education, I don't have an extra several hundred dollars minimum for taxes that they're just going to waste anyway.

That's outrageous! Isn't there check and balances to monitor school spendings? Isn't there someone who should audit their $$ use and say what's needed and what's a waste?

I'm also sad about people's moral values these days. No I'm not talking about whether one should have sex before marriage ... that kind of thing. But more fundamental things like: if you're in charge of public funds in your job, you would do your best to use it in the right ways. But I see some people who see taking money for their own use as "it's ok because the system allows me to". Even though the system is BROKEN, we should not abuse it.

Somewhere else on the web is about the rehashing of
1. a person who embezzled from her employer and was charged; and now her LOs are featured in a blog (which has been pulled, which I don't really care)

2. a company that went bankrupt while the owners lived some may call a "rather lavish lifestyle".

The discussions are of course from both sides. The thing that bothered me are people who:

1. said the store owner is 'stupid' because for 3 years, she noticed a trickling of missing $$, but couldn't put a finger on it until .. well, 3 years later; well, calling her stupid is, well, personal opinion. But thinking that because she is, in their opinion, 'not smart', is thus making stealing from her OK is something I do NOT agree with

2. again, people said the printers were stupid in letting the company rack up $40,000 charges before stopping their business, as if they deserve it. IMHO, most small business owners will try to be more flexible with another small business owner thinking that they will pay back the $$. Again, I do not agree that because the printers cut the company some slack, then it is OK to NOT pay them back ....

In general, I notice a decline in knowing what is right and what is wrong. Not everything is ok. If you owe $, you pay it back. If you steal $, you give it back. Or better yet, don't steal...

Those seem pretty basic rules... but people have to argue over it. That's what causing people spending HOURS and HOURS coming up with a system that prevents EVERYONE from stealing... a system that has to assume everyone's guilty unless proven innocent.... isn't that sad???

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to jellyziva

Sorry.. forgot about [/get off soapbox]

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to jellyziva

Dr's appt..

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to jellyziva

The city of Manchester has a spending problem. We have two different payroll companies to handle payroll for the entire city. It's been proven that having one unified payroll would save the city money and the aldermen shoot it down everytime it's proposed. Tons of city officials get to bring their city vehicles home, they don't always work the full day that they get paid for. It drives me insaner than I normally am!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to jellyziva

Shirley, you'll see more and more attitudes like this. If it's permitted, it's okay. Or if they can get away with it, it's okay. No more strong rights and wrongs in society. And it's always someone else's fault, usually the victims. They should have known better, .

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• moxiegirl23 Said:
WTH! DHL (who is the shipper bringing me my laptop) just delivered my computer "lojack" recovery software that comes with my laptop. Both items left at the same time from the same place, but evidently, my laptop is taking the Scenic Route from Dell to Manchester.

Lappy likes the Scenic Route maybe?

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Heck, my town's mayor and family stole over $300,000 from my hick town over the past few years. Councilmen had to have known. Mayor finally resigned recently. Wife and dd was caught shredding evidence. DD was on payroll so she could have health insurance but she did not work at all for the town.

And here's the worst part. The guy that finally blew the whistle had his dogs shot, not killed but bad enough that he had to finish putting them down.

We no longer have any city/town police. State police had to step in.

Shall I go on?

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

I've turned into a crazy old lady who writes the newspaper a lot.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

I wondered about the $5,000 the town got for "beautification purposes." Two dirt mounds were erected and some plants were thrown on it. Next year mounds were cleared away/leveled.

I don't go to the town meetings here. I fear the drama and well, I can't keep my mouth shut. Plus I'm actually a little outside the official limits. So don't know if I should bother. Last thing I need in my life is political strife with gun slinging red necks!!!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• moxiegirl23 Said:
I've turned into a crazy old lady who writes the newspaper a lot.

I think you're just the crazy lady who writes the newspaper a lot. Not old yet.

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva

• moxiegirl23 Said:
The city of Manchester has a spending problem. We have two different payroll companies to handle payroll for the entire city. It's been proven that having one unified payroll would save the city money and the aldermen shoot it down everytime it's proposed. Tons of city officials get to bring their city vehicles home, they don't always work the full day that they get paid for. It drives me insaner than I normally am!

Checks and balances? Where are you two?

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva

• Bling Fairy Vivian Said:
Heck, my town's mayor and family stole over $300,000 from my hick town over the past few years. Councilmen had to have known. Mayor finally resigned recently. Wife and dd was caught shredding evidence. DD was on payroll so she could have health insurance but she did not work at all for the town.

And here's the worst part. The guy that finally blew the whistle had his dogs shot, not killed but bad enough that he had to finish putting them down.

We no longer have any city/town police. State police had to step in.

Shall I go on?

Page 4 of 128 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics