Page 5 of 128 
Username Post: Virtual Crop Week #62-Jump Right In!        (Topic#1463029)
jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to Vivian loves BLING

• Bling Fairy Vivian Said:
I wondered about the $5,000 the town got for "beautification purposes." Two dirt mounds were erected and some plants were thrown on it. Next year mounds were cleared away/leveled.

I don't go to the town meetings here. I fear the drama and well, I can't keep my mouth shut. Plus I'm actually a little outside the official limits. So don't know if I should bother. Last thing I need in my life is political strife with gun slinging red necks!!!

Please do NOT go, Vivian.. I don't want to lose you!

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to momany

• momany Said:
  • DawnInAZ Said:
OK, in 15 days I am now down 15 pounds!!

AWESOME!!
What are you doing/not doing?!

I was stopping at Whataburger almost every morning and getting breakfast with a big Coke. I stopped that, although I went today.
I also have been cutting out alot of the fast food I was doing.

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to jellyziva

Turns out I have another 45 min ...

I should be organizing and uploading photos, updating our family website.... finishing up an LO...

But I choose to play here

Some lighter news:
Warren Buffet is going to guest star as himself in All My Children. He's going to talk to a 'vixen' who got herself in trouble due to insider trading. He's going to play, himself, of course, and giving her financial advice.

He is reported to be a long term fan of All My Children.

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:
  • momany Said:
  • DawnInAZ Said:
OK, in 15 days I am now down 15 pounds!!

AWESOME!!
What are you doing/not doing?!

I was stopping at Whataburger almost every morning and getting breakfast with a big Coke. I stopped that, although I went today.
I also have been cutting out alot of the fast food I was doing.

Good for you!!!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to jellyziva

• jelly97 Said:
Turns out I have another 45 min ...

I should be organizing and uploading photos, updating our family website.... finishing up an LO...

But I choose to play here

Some lighter news:
Warren Buffet is going to guest star as himself in All My Children. He's going to talk to a 'vixen' who got herself in trouble due to insider trading. He's going to play, himself, of course, and giving her financial advice.

He is reported to be a long term fan of All My Children.

That's John's boss! Seriously, Mr. Buffet bought John's company from Walmart several years ago.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

• moxiegirl23 Said:
I've turned into a crazy old lady who writes the newspaper a lot.

I think you're just the crazy lady who writes the newspaper a lot. Not old yet.

My hands, knees and lower back make me feel old. Definate arthritis in all three places. And evidently, my conservatism makes me appear old to some of my peers.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to jellyziva

• jelly97 Said:
I am very mad at the Myanmar government! They confiscated UN aid...

I can understand NOT wanting outsider governments to come and mess with your govt. BUT when you have a disaster, and thousands of people needing clean water and food, then you LET the aid agencies in.

I think Red Cross is in... not sure if DWB(MSF) or other aid agencies are in.....

But to ignore the people's plight, and to worry about what others may SAY seemed like an unreasonable priority now. The aid is NEEDED.

I am so mad about this.
They say it could raise the death toll up over 100,000 because of the delay in aid.
Stupid men.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to moxiegirl23

Yay! TJ wrote in the update blog!!

I added the following:
It rained last night, so I was able to check for leaks in the new building. No leaks in the roof but some water got in from one of the doors. Dh or I will add some more protection around the door seal.

Can't apply sealer today due to humidity from the rain. Maybe that's a good thing. Got too much going on as it is.

I ordered 36 refills for my ATG gun. That should take me through the rest of this year and then some. Ordered another gun but they're out until July. I didn't want a 700 plus adapter.

I also finally used my gc from here. I ordered the following items:
-Across The Street - Lazy Scrapper Organizer - Blue and Brown
- Tombow - Mono Adhesive Dots Roller and Glue Pen Combo, BRAND NEW
-3- Ranger Ink - Stickles Glitter Glue - Gold, BRAND NEW
- Ranger Ink - Stickles Glitter Glue - Baby Blue, BRAND NEW
- Ranger Ink - Stickles Glitter Glue - Waterfall, BRAND NEW
- Ranger Ink - Stickles Glitter Glue - Stardust, BRAND NEW

And now I'm debating on ordering the entire Stickles collection from evil bay.

Plan on shopping tonight for food stuff for Mother's day. We're gonna serve lunch here at our house.

Tomorrow, I'll be babysitting the boys and will be driving them to dd's new house.

DD is having a hard time shopping for me for my mother's day gift. I asked for more cabinets for my sb area. I found more like the ones I got from K-mart at Big Lots. I even bought 3 more of the ones with the sliding shelves yesterday.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

Simon: I'm trying to put this as delicately as I can...how do I know you won't kill me in my sleep?
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.
Simon: Are you always this sentimental?
Mal: I had a good day.
Simon: You had the Alliance on you, criminals and savages... half the people on the ship have been shot or wounded including yourself, and you're harboring known fugitives.
Mal: We're still flying.
Simon: That's not much.
Mal: It's enough.

hehehe, you already posted this yesterday Viv. You need a nappie!!!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Wednesday, I bought the boys this outdoor camping scene/play house thingie. I think I'll put it together in the building for them to play with tomorrow.

Got alot to do and none of it is getting done while I sit on my rear.

I really need dh to run electrical AND an cable line for web connection for me. I'd move in that building today!!!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:
Simon: I'm trying to put this as delicately as I can...how do I know you won't kill me in my sleep?
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.
Simon: Are you always this sentimental?
Mal: I had a good day.
Simon: You had the Alliance on you, criminals and savages... half the people on the ship have been shot or wounded including yourself, and you're harboring known fugitives.
Mal: We're still flying.
Simon: That's not much.
Mal: It's enough.

hehehe, you already posted this yesterday Viv. You need a nappie!!!

I know and you're probably right about the nappie, too. That scene with Mal saying, "It's enough." has a very special meaning to me right now. I've gotta remember what's enough.

I'm stressing over dd moving, mother's day, building, son being home schooled, wanting to start a business, sister, going to NH next month, I'm sure I've left things off.

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva

DD is having a hard time shopping for me for my mother's day gift. I asked for more cabinets for my sb area. I found more like the ones I got from K-mart at Big Lots. I even bought 3 more of the ones with the sliding shelves yesterday.

What's her email addy?

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva

Wednesday, I bought the boys this outdoor camping scene/play house thingie. I think I'll put it together in the building for them to play with tomorrow.

Got alot to do and none of it is getting done while I sit on my rear.

I really need dh to run electrical AND an cable line for web connection for me. I'd move in that building today!!!

It looks VERY good... what are you using it for again? Will there be a place for scrapping???

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to jellyziva

I am going to do a little work-work... back in the afternoon...

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to jellyziva

Oh oh oh.. before I go.. I want to share I'm doing my first LO without any photo!

Don't worry, I haven't moved to the 'dark side'.. I am scrapping 8 piles of ticket stubs from our 06 trip. It is going to be the index page for my travel album.....

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• scrappycath Said:
I am sorry to see that Vivian was awake at an unreasonable hour! Hope she got some rest.

Thanks. My sleep patterns get wonky at times and never take a sleep aid more than once in a week. Another rest for my high posting, too.

I plan on being more physically active today. Hope that will help with tonight.

We decided to have our mother's over for lunch. We'll go shopping tonight for the lunch. Smoked salmon, croissants, cream cheese, and whatever else we think of.

Yummy!!!

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

• moxiegirl23 Said:
[[]] Shirley. I've been following that story. It's heartbreaking and the government is being stupid.

Unfortunately, most of my being upset is being focused on my local city government and the school district. The city is facing a shortfall, the mayor wants to cut spending and the superintendant has decided that any cut in spending is unacceptable where I can see that the school's spending is already ridiculous and out of control. Sorry, but if their budget and spending was in control, then they would not be begging parents to donate basic necessities like paper towels and cleaning supplies. I see problems in the school district that will not be fixed if they throw money at them, and honestly, I would rather see spending cut than see my taxes go up. I have free or inexpensive resources to make up for any shortfalls in Abby's education, I don't have an extra several hundred dollars minimum for taxes that they're just going to waste anyway.

Here, you would not believe all the extra supplies some of the school districts require.
Here is a sample list for a first grade student in a Scottsdale elementary school:

2 - 16 Count Crayola Crayons
1 - Sharp 5” Fiskar Scissors
1 - 4 Oz. Elmer’s School Glue
6 - Small Elmer’s Glue Stick
1 - Pink Bevel Eraser
1 - 2” Hardback Vinyl Binder
1 - 160 Count Box Kleenex Tissues
1 - Blue Plastic Pocket and Brad Folder
1 - Green Plastic Pocket and Brad Folder
1 - Yellow Plastic Pocket and Brad Folder
1 - Red Plastic Pocket and Brad Folder
1 - Washable Crayola Thick Classic Markers
1 - 8 Oz. Bottle Waterless Hand Sanitizer with Pump
12 - #2 Wood Pencils
1 - 20 Count Box Ziplock Gallon Bags
2 - Bounty Paper Towel Rolls
1 - 8x5 Spacemaker School Box
1 - 70 Count Wide Ruled Spiral Composition Book
2 - Expo2 Low Odor Bullet Tip Black Dry Erase Marker
1 - 7 Inch 24 Count Colored Pencils

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Seriously thinking of placing an order for Stickles.

What's holding you back?!!

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

• moxiegirl23 Said:
I've turned into a crazy old lady who writes the newspaper a lot.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Ordering here is done. What's next?

I now see there was no hold up!

Page 5 of 128 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics