Page 1 of 149 
Username Post: Virtual Crop Week #63 Lets Crop!        (Topic#1463879)
moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

What is this thread about?

Well, things get quiet here on the weekends, so a thread was started to just hang out and do a virtual crop. Since then it's grown into more. Several people are now "regular" including myself. We chat about anything and everything. (Warning: Sometimes we stray into areas that may be considered "adult," although we always try to be tasteful about it.) We share our latest layouts, pictures, whatever interests us. We have fun and encourage each other.

It's now all week long, too. Since it is a new thread each week, it's easier for anyone to join. Even though we start over each week, it's STILL pages and pages long. Don't be intimidated, we are happy to have anyone drop by and say hello. Some of us read all the replies and keep up, but it is not required. Warning: It can get addictive!

Circle Journal Information:
I suggest 8x8 format because it's easy to do and will fit into a standard mailer.

It's everyone's choice to do either a single or a two page spread and to add whatever you want. Vivian, personally, would like to see a current photo, likes and dislikes on whatever, and something unusual about each person. Like for Liz/Moxie to show her extensive Stickles collection.

To keep things simple, do the same layout for everyone. You could change papers and such depending on your stash but keeping to the same design will make things much easier/faster and no one gets a better page from you than the next person. If someone is short on funds/time to make copies, digitals are acceptable. Even digital copies can be doctored up (read that as blinged) to make a hybrid layout.

PM those you want page(s) from and you'll be getting PMs from others in the Circle. Just let it be known you're interesting in doing this in the thread. This isn't just for VCWer, so if you want to add other people, go ahead. It's your album.

Please leave updates about yourself here. This is for those who can't be online as much as they would like to be. At least this way, there's highlights from this thread.

Most of us also really love bling and encourage bling usage!

Come visit OUR GALLERY to meet some of the irregular regulars!

There are several of us who are dealing with weight/health issues, too, so we've started a HEALTHY CHALLENGE as a way to have support and accountability for whatever your goals may be.

So come on! Don't be bashful! And don't be afraid of the fact that this thread MOVES. Just jump in wherever we are, and we'll be glad to get you caught up on what's happening. We never know what we're going to talk about or how silly we will get.

WARNING: Reading of, or participation in, this thread could result in food or drink being sprayed across your computer.
Please practice proper food safety; eat and drink responsibly. We wouldn't want anyone to actually

Edited by moxiegirl23 on 05-16-08 02:16 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to moxiegirl23

I'm awake, barely. I'll go start the blog links and stuff once I have more coffee.

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit

Morning Moxie... I am off to bed though.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to riorabbit

Night Rio

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

ok links are updated, i updated the blog. I still need more coffee.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Coffee is my friend today!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to scrappycath

So did anyone get their free iced coffee at DD yesterday?

I found out AFTER I was home for the night that they were doing that! I could have gone for one yesterday afternoon

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

I'm just about done with cup #2. I need to start a new pot soon.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

I purposely didn't. I don't like DD's coffee - it tastes so sour to me.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

morning Cathy!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Morning Liz!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

We are getting socked with rain today. Bummer, 2 of the boys were supposed to have outdoor activities. They've been post poned.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

I was trying to rotate the winter-summer clothes for the boys. My older 2 have out grown all of their shorts. And they have been handed down already and with boys they just don't last that long. So I need to go shopping for shorts!!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

It's supposed to rain all weekend here. John's still going LARPing in CT. If he comes home sick, he can sleep on the couch, I don't want it.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Have you caught the banner ad for the "scrapbooking novel" ?

A page out of life

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Gotta catch up on the old thread and get the kids ready for school. First one is out the door already.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• Lady Scrapsandalters Said:
Night Monica, Night Joy!!

I just discovered that my cat likes Doritos... LOL.. little Tybalt

One of my cats, Java, LOVES Doritos!!! She goes nuts when she hears you open the bag. If you leave an open bag unattended, she will climb right in to get her chips!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• riorabbit Said:

I just checked to see if my grades were posted online yet.... I passed everything.

I would have loved all A's, but that was not really how this semester was going... I got an A in the class that was most crucial for me. This was the class I could not repeat for anything and would have to pick a different minor and start over if I didn't pass...got an A in it. I already knew that though... lol.

I got a B in the class that is my senior seminar. This class is also highly crucial because I would have to return to NAU next Fall to take a different senior seminar in person if I didn't pass it. I would have prefered an A, but this is the one that we didn't get grades back and I was doing that mega research paper last minute. Ugg...the class I had to turn in the paper late for cause my friend had a medical emergency the night before it was due and I was supposed to be working on it then... I am pretty sure the B is basically due to turning that in late. It took some major points off of a huge part of my grade. Oh well... B is still good and I had other priorities.

Then the class that I was super worried about because the test was evil...darn evil. I passed. I got a C in it, but that was kind of expected. I mean the grade was an average of a midterm I knew I got a C on and a final that looked like it was in a foreign language. I was pretty worried a C wouldn't even happen. So...at least I passed it. Oh and this was the least crucial. I have a few options for classes that meet this requirement and likely could have found one online or down here to take and finish up. Just glad I don't have to.

So now I just need to take 2 general ed classes to graduate. I had my gen ed done, but switched majors. You can't have any gen ed from the same subject as your major. I had 2 psych classes as gen ed and now I am a psych major so those no longer count... I have to find 2 more gen ed classes now. That shouldn't be too hard though and I can take them for cheaper down here and transfer the cred it up.

Congrats on a job well done!!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

time for my shower. i have so much to do today between meetings and errands.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• moxiegirl23 Said:
  • BlingPrincessRia Said:

Just be careful not to eat anything with poppy seeds in it..if they're going to drug test you, there's something in poppy seeds that makes these tests show positive for opium.

That would be the poppy seed itself. When it's dried and crushed, you get basic opium. After some processing, you get opiate drugs like codeine and morphine.

Interesting info: Some people that suffer from digestive disorders that cause proteins to not be prcken down completely before entering the bloodstream have high levels of opiates in their brain. It's one of the many things being investigated in autism research.

Page 1 of 149 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics