Username Post: D-ring albums        (Topic#1463889)
stefanyb123
Expert
stefanyb123

Does anyone use these? I use the postbound type and I am thinking of switching to make it easier to rearrange things. I don't scrap chronological, so I am always switching them around. The only thing with the d-rings, is do they have a gap between pages? like if you put in a two page layout, does it have a gap in between?

on_the_plains
Expert
on_the_plains
In response to stefanyb123

Haven't tried this tip myself, but I heard you could stitch the two page protectors together for you two page layouts if you don't want the gap.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to on_the_plains

My own albums are actually O-ring or D-ring office notebooks. Recently I did a 60+ page 12x12 D-ring sb album for a gift.

When the pages have to be butted up against each other, I just staple them along the inner edges. Works just as well as post or strap bound albums.

You can always use the D-ring album for holding your pages in until you have enough in the order you want for a post bound album.

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to Vivian loves BLING

I ONLY use D-ring binders. Like you, I don't scrap chronologically (So does that mean we strap "illogically"?) And I like being able to move them around, grab one out to take somewhere, etc. with ease. Personally, I don't mind the gap, but I do like some of the suggestions above and will try them. I really liked Canson brand albums, but they are no longer on the market for some reason, so I switched to the Pioneer ones. Probably a better album, but more costly.

ljloula
Mayor
ljloula
In response to dwelch

I use D-ring albums for my 12x12s and I love them! I don't do many 2 pagers, and so don't mind the gap.

JayJay77
Veteran
JayJay77
In response to Vivian loves BLING

• Bling Pimp Vivian Said:

You can always use the D-ring album for holding your pages in until you have enough in the order you want for a post bound album.

What a good idea!

Ami G
Ami G 
Diva
Ami G
  • Ami G on 05-16-08 06:53 AM
In response to JayJay77

I switched to D-Ring a couple months ago and have not looked back! I LOVE them! They are so much easier and hold so much more! Yes, there is a gap between the pages, and I thought that would concern me at first, but it totally doesn't. You can still tell when two pages go together (a two-page spread) and it still looks cohesive.

I use the American Crafts 12 X 12 D-Ring albums, and if you get them on sale or use a coupon, they are very inexpensive!

Scrapbook Queen
Mayor
Scrapbook Queen
In response to Ami G

I use both 3-ring and snap n load and they both have good and bad qualities. But the 3-ring is by far easier to use!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Scrapbook Queen

I've always used the 3-ring. LOVE 'EM!

I don't do any 2-page layouts where the pages have to butt up against each other to get the point (e.g. where a photo is split between the pages). The gap doesn't bother me.

I don't scrap chronological either, so this is perfect!

I use the Hiller albums by WeRMemory Keepers.
Products Referenced in This Post:

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 05-16-08 08:16 AM
In response to Bxr-Linda

I'm a 3 ring fan too. Much easier and I hate post bound! Too messy to put back together. I too do not mind the gap.

Judy_Scraps
Mayor
Judy_Scraps
In response to charK

I have several D-ring and postbound albums. I prefer the D-ring albums. The gap between pages doesn't bother me.

Bballmom
Expert
Bballmom
In response to Judy_Scraps

Ditto here...I love the D-ring binders and I don't mind the gap (hey, that's what the lady says in London before you get on the tube!!! ). I've tried other style albums but I always go back to the ring binders. I just can't scrap in a certain order. I scrap where the mojo takes me!!!

I love the Hiller albums too.

Edited by Bballmom on 05-16-08 11:39 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scraperfect
Pro
scraperfect
In response to Bballmom

I create a post album for each child for each year. So I have one IN PROGRESS ALBUM for each kid, too.

I typically scrap w/o titles or journaling and stick them in the page protector in the ring albums. Then I go back and finish each page. When the entire year is complete, I put them in order and put them in a post album with new page protectors . I keep the old page protectors in the IN PROGRES album b/c they tend to get more "beat up".

ashtonsmommy
Governor
ashtonsmommy
In response to scraperfect

I love 3 ring all the way!!!!

The ghap has never been an issue with me. They make panoramic pages if you feel you need certian apge toghether.

12 x 12 Swinging Shutter page protectors

candiMandi
Resident
candiMandi
In response to ashtonsmommy

I'm glad I came across this thread cause I've been thinking about D ring for a while now.
The thing is, I don't want to use page protectors cause I want the texture to be out there, but behind glarey pp.
I was thinking though if I don't use PProtectors, then would the album be too big for my pages????

kdott 
Resident
  • kdott on 05-18-08 05:26 PM
In response to candiMandi

I ONLY use d-ring. The post bound albums drive me crazy. The gap really doesn't bother me at all, but like a previous poster, I don't split pictures down the middle or anything like that, so the gap is fine.

NoirCat
Guru
NoirCat
In response to kdott

I only use the Scrapworks 12x12 D-ring albums. I started using them when they first came out with the Smartbox. They now call them the Anthologie. I had been a post only user pryor to that. I am a completely non-chronological or "illogical" scrapper. I move my pages around often. D-ring is the way to go for that.
As for the multi-page LO, there are several options. As mentioned there page-protectors that fold open, you can sew them together at the leading edge next to the D-rings or an option I have used a couple of time is to attach them at the far edge (the one away from the rings). It takes a little work, but it can be done. I used two sided tape to adhere the "holes" part of the page protector to the outer edge of another page protector. Then I carefully put holes in back of the protector that would be actually attached to the D-rings where overlapping holes were taped down. Then I used large bore eyelets to secure the two page protectors together. This lets me fold one 12x12 on top of the other like a magazine fold out page. It is great for multi-page LO. You can even use the back side for a two page LO, you just need to incorporate the eyelets into the look.

Edited by NoirCat on 05-18-08 11:21 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

PEIgirl
Guru
PEIgirl
In response to NoirCat

after using D Ring I never want to go back to post bound! Changing around a post bound album is a serious chore that involves, DH, me, a butter knife and several stiff drinks! I do have about 15 new post bound albums sitting in my closet collecting dust that I am pretending aren't there LOL

~{Puppet}~
Queen
~{Puppet}~
In response to PEIgirl

I just bought my first D ring album a couple months ago, and I LOVE it! So much easier to use then post bound. I don't do 2 pg LO's so I can't help you there.

Here is the album I have:

nrthwdscrapper
Mayor
nrthwdscrapper
In response to ~{Puppet}~

I just recently switched over from post bound to D-Ring. I love it and have gotten rid of all my postbound albums.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics