Username Post: E-Cuts        (Topic#1464157)
PamStewart.Iowa
Mayor
PamStewart.Iowa

I was browsing the Superstore for E-Books and ran across the book A Scrapbooker's Guide: Designing with E-Cuts Printables (E-Book). I hate to plead ignorance, but this is the first time I have heard of E-Cuts . I went to the forums hoping to find a good discussion on the topic, but all I found were discussions and offers to swap die cuts (Which I think is a fantastic idea and plan to research that next -I love die cuts!). Anyway - since I couldn't find anything on E-Cuts , I decided to ask. Can you use E-Cuts for Digital Scrapping? Are they offered in layers so you can print/cut each layer separately and make 3-D? Do you cut them out with scissors and if so, do they still look clean? These are probably simple questions, but the whole idea sounds great -and I would really like to hear from those who don't like it as well as those who do. Any help / advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks -Pam

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to PamStewart.Iowa

I think they are only for printing and using.. but I could be wrong.

ELynn
ELynn 
Angel
ELynn
  • ELynn on 05-18-08 11:51 AM
In response to SQ Mandi

you print them and would hand cut them. I don't like them, but that's me.

haven't seen them in layers, not really used for digi, but of course you could.

since you own the file, you could print multiple times and cut and layer on your own. like that idea.

Prettylolo
Queen
Prettylolo
In response to ELynn

i've used them but forget i have them. i personally found i like making my own embellies for layouts. i have dl'd all the free ones that were offered though. they look good if you don't mind printing them out and cutting but like i said, i found i like the handmade 3D look better.

cat_woman
Expert
cat_woman
In response to Prettylolo

You can import them into your graphics software and use them for digi scrapping - I've done this before. The files don't come in layers (if I remember correctly, they are either jpeg or pdf files), but as was mentioned before, you could print them out several times and cut each layer out - like tole pictures - for 3-d effects.

PamStewart.Iowa
Mayor
PamStewart.Iowa
In response to Prettylolo

I hated to purchase just to see what they are -had no idea they offer free ones once in a while. I will definately look for that so I can see them. I am curious, too, to see what ideas are offered in the book, so may go ahead and purchase that. The three reviews were were all very positive. But think I will take your lead and check out with a free offer first. Thanks!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics