Username Post: Different Type of Recipe Book        (Topic#1464641)
Nes
Nes 
Veteran
Nes
  • Nes on 05-21-08 08:53 PM

I want to make a sort of recipe book for our kitchen. But instead of recipes in a book form, I want to do it on cards with each recipe on a different card. All of the cards are then put into a box each one under the heading of where it fits into the recipe "book".

If anyone has any other ideas or advise please feel free to let me know.

Thanks!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 05-21-08 10:14 PM
In response to Nes

Hello there-

I dont sort out recipe cards in each different box, but if you cant find a small box, that would work well. I just altered my shoe box and put 4x6 index cards as recipe cards. I printed out 4x6, each recipe and covered 4x6 page protector as well. It works well for me since I can take one at a time and look at it while cooking.

I did put labeled index cards in front of each different types of recipes. Such as beef, chicken, desserts, etc. Colored index cards make labels easy to be recognized. I just put recipes after those index cards. Works well for me!

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to Once

I sent you a pm about the one I am currently working on, I just posted some recipe cards in my gallery. Take a look. They are fun to make.

crazeecrafter
New Kid On the Block
crazeecrafter
In response to Nes

Cute idea. I have done a recipe card swap with my friends before and it was awesome. Everyone does 20 identical cards, (20 people) and then you get one of your own, plus one of everyone else's. It's awesome.

I use Stampin' Up's recipe stamp (if you like stamping anyway). It is absolutely adorable.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to lilmrmaid

• lilmrmaid Said:
I sent you a pm about the one I am currently working on, I just posted some recipe cards in my gallery. Take a look. They are fun to make.

OH Good, I'm glad you saw this post....I was just off to find your gallery to link here for her...your cards are wonderful. NES: maybe the little photo boxes CropperHopper make (4x6) would work for you:
Cropper Hopper Photo/Negative 4 x 6 Protector 4-Pack

Then you could find a box they fit in. Cute idea - have fun.

BJscrapsalot
Governor
BJscrapsalot
In response to Sunnydi

I have been working on doing this same thing. Here is a link to the album in my gallery with my recipe cards.

BJscrapsalots Recipe Cards

I am also scrapping the back side to include a picture of the completed dish. I am doing mine 5 1/2 x 7 1/2. I had originally planned on getting the Basic Grey lunch pails to put them in and sort by category but recently found a nice big box at Michaels that will work great to hold them all. I am about to make dividers to put in it also.

And, if any of you are interested, there is a recipe card challenge going on in the challenge forum. It is not for prizes more just to motivate each other. Come check us out.

Ongoing recipe card challenge

gg  loves Matthew
Queen
gg  loves Matthew
In response to BJscrapsalot

I have seen the lunch boxes used for recipe boxes, I have an example of one but would need you to pm me your email addy to send you the photos since they are on my computer....but here is the general idea (just change to recipes instead)

*~* Gift for Daughter, 1st baby, yay! *~* By Gg Loves Matthew

*~* View of contents of box *~* By Gg Loves Matthew

gg  loves Matthew
Queen
gg  loves Matthew
In response to gg loves Matthew

As I started thinking about this topic, you could use the 7 Gypsies atc holder to make a recipe file, or one of those cheap $1 photo ablums that holds 2 pictures per page (especially since they will protect the recipe cards) and here is an idea I found on the internet....I love this one...it is an old flip photo older that was altered...I found one in a second hand store for a few dollars

*~* example for general forum post*~* By Gg Loves Matthew
Products Referenced in This Post:

Rae_M
Rae_M 
Diva
Rae_M
  • Rae_M on 05-22-08 07:11 PM
In response to gg loves Matthew

I saw in the Oriental Trading Company Scrapbook catalog that they have a whole line of kitchen embellishments and receipe cards and boxes. You might find some ideas there?

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics