Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Help! 4x6 photo insert pages for 12x12 scrapbook?        (Topic#1465327)
michelehood
New Kid On the Block
michelehood

Hi everyone - Can you answer my question? I would like to add 4x6 photo insert pages (you know... the pages with sleeves for pictures, sometimes with a little journaling box underneath each sleeve... like in a regular photo album) in my 12x12 scrapbook BUT... I'm having trouble finding them!

I actually got the idea from one of this month's scrapping magazines (can't remember which magazine)but they didn't give product information for the sleeves.

Edited by michelehood on 05-28-08 05:13 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Tivi
Tivi 
Diva
Tivi
  • Tivi on 05-28-08 05:21 AM
In response to michelehood

I think you are talking about the article in SB etc. We R Memory Keepers makes them (here in the superstore).
I use the regular ones that really are for photo albums. They are not 12x12, but I can't find that size in the stores around here.

Tenant
In response to Tivi

Close to My Heart carries two different kinds that are really nice!
Kimberly VB

michelehood
New Kid On the Block
michelehood
In response to SimplyKim

YEAH! That's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks so much - I knew that y'all would be big help!

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

I don't know about the inserts like you are talking about, but I have used the C-Line flip photo pockets in my scrapbooks. You can get them at Ritz and some LSS. They are called: C-Line Products Flip Pockets Peel & Stick Holders 4x6. Basically, they allow you to put a 4x6 photo down and put more on top of it. Each photo goes in a pocket that you can then flip up to see the other photos. HTH

tricia07
Guru
tricia07

Also you can buy the picfolio albums from creative memories...they have 4x6 picture slots with journaling cards etc...love them!

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to siameseplease

OOPS...looks like I answered after some others who had already given you the info you needed. Sorry!

Mama of a monkey
Mayor
Mama of a monkey
In response to siameseplease

I bought the WeRMemory Keepers ones... but I know Pebbles Inc carries them too... I just posted some photos... (not the best photos but it gives the idea) of my sons album.... I am using those pages mixed in with my regular 12x12 LO's

You & Me By Mama Of A Monkey

I got mine at my LSS but then a couple days later I saw that our Hobby Lobby carried some for post bound AND three ring (don't know what brand they were though) You could also ask at your local camera store - they usually carry all different sizes and styles of photo pages not to mention alot of them are carrying some basic scrapbook supplies

Aumommie
Diva
Aumommie
In response to Mama of a monkey

HL carries them.

luv2scrap:)
Guru
luv2scrap:)
In response to Aumommie

Oh, how I wish I had a Hobby Lobby!

mustangkayla
Guru
mustangkayla
In response to luv2scrap:)

Pebbles Inc. just came out with them also. They also have kits now that make journaling cards and supplies for a matching page. Hope that makes sense. I thought it would be fun to scrap a page and then have the 4x6 storage page with a journaling block in one of the 4x6 spots.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi

Glad to see you got lots of sources. I got mine from a lss. I think they are marvoulous...my daughter likes to do a scrapbook page now and then...not constantly like me. So I showed them to her as she can create an 'opening page' of a trip/whatever and then use these sheets. Great invention!

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to Sunnydi

I use the WRMK and I love them! Let me know if you have any questions about them. I have quite a few so I am pretty sure I can answer any questions about the WRMK. I might forget to check back here though so pm me!

I photo sleeves.

I use them sometimes like four blue eyes described. I will do an opening page or a page for something I have a ton of photos for. Then just slide the photos in.

I also use them to organize all my photos that are printed! I have them all in albums so people can flip through them before I scrapbook them! I just pull out the ones I want to sb when I am ready. Oh and that means I don't stress at all about having stuff "caught up" or "in order". I don't sb chronologically, but I can have my albums chronological this way. I just tuck my sb pages in between photos sleeves. I have the D ring so rearranging is super easy.

Oh and I am also planning to do some pages where there are like 4 or 5 photos and I just decorate a 4x6 peice of paper, journal on it, and tuck it in with the photos and consider that a page. I could always go back and really make them into pages if I want and just adhere the little journal box to the page. It sounds way easier and quicker than full layouts all the time though. I think it would be a good way to document journaling before it is forgotten if you do kind of want to be "caught up".

scrappyJedi
Idol
scrappyJedi
In response to riorabbit

Hobby Lobby carries the Ultra-Pro brand of these. There are 10 sheets per pack for $4.99, and they often put albums and album refills 50% off. I'm going to need more of these next time they go on sale.

semperfinescrapper
Veteran
semperfinescrapper
In response to scrappyJedi

• Quote:
Also you can buy the picfolio albums from creative memories...they have 4x6 picture slots with journaling cards etc...love them!

I love these!! I have 4 of these!!!!

Tenant
In response to semperfinescrapper

Wow, at last I have found other people who use photo sleeves like I do!

I'd love to share ideas ideas with you. Maybe we could even start a new section on this?

Tenant
In response to riorabbit

I also do my photos this way!
I'd love to share some ideas with you.

Will you be doing any articles on photo sleeves on your blog?

Take care.
Jelly (UK)

ScrapperSara22
Guru
ScrapperSara22
In response to scrappyJedi

Just wanted to chime in because I hadn't seen it mentioned, but Bazzill makes these lickety slip albums & inserts. I think they're on sale here at the superstore, presently.

I took a class where we worked on one of these albums (I have the diablo red) and they are GORGEOUS. If you click on some of the product links through the superstore they'll show ideas on how people use them differently.

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 05-18-10 10:02 AM
In response to ScrapperSara22

I have used photo sleeves before and if I'm in a pinch and don't have any.....I just adhere my six pictures to white cardstock and slide it into my album where appropriate. That way if the next layout is a two pager, I don't have a blank page anywhere in my albums.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to j3Mel

I use these too. I really like them for 'extra' photos I don't want to scrap.

There are a bunch of manufacturers that offer these.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics