Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Clear/Acrylic Albums        (Topic#1465441)
lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid

Has anyone else bought these and scared to do them?? Afraid you will mess it up??

I am

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to lilmrmaid

could you practice on a piece of transparency? The idea is basically the same.
Don't be afraid, they're so fun and neat! I had a blast doing mine

Nancy Keslin
Queen
Nancy Keslin
In response to Here Kitty

I love doing them....you can do it! Just have fun!

Cynthia's Place
Idol
Cynthia's Place
In response to Nancy Keslin

I love them too, but just like you Yvonne, to scared to try to make one!

grammykimmy
Expert
grammykimmy
In response to Cynthia's Place

I did my first one and was a little nervous, struggled with it a little bit, but in the end I loved it! Will probably do another one soon!

TesaB
TesaB 
Mayor
TesaB
  • TesaB on 05-28-08 09:21 PM
In response to grammykimmy

Hey, Yvonne, just get started!!! It's no chance you will mess it up!

I did a couple of acrylic cards first, just to get the feeling of working with several layers and sides at the same time. I used ordinary Hambly overlayes. You could try that for a starter!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 05-29-08 04:41 AM
In response to TesaB

Oh man, I don't even want to think about doing one of these, but they do look interesting. Anyone have one in the gallery that they've completed?

tina c
tina c 
Diva
tina c
In response to GrandmaMichelf

Ohhhh I want them so bad but here in Maine no one is carrying them yet. Ohhhh the stresss.

colleenak
Diva
colleenak
In response to tina c

Good Morning! I have an acrylic album that I made for a class that I taught at a lss. It's entitled "Brothers" and you are more than welcomed to look at it. It might be on the 2nd page in the gallery, but I'm not sure. One thing to remember is to use Staz-On ink if you stamp. Stamp on a hard surface and don't hurry because it is slippery and you can blur your image. I use Zot dots and Zip dry for adhesives. In fact, I have used a Xyron machine for some things. Good luck and can't wait to see what you come up with!

nicoleigha
New Kid On the Block
nicoleigha
In response to GrandmaMichelf

Hi Yvonne & everyone! Tesa is totally right, just get started! It'll flow from there! I am a DT member for Clear Scraps and I LOVE LOVE LOVE their acrylic albums and shapes! Clear Scraps is sooooo versatile and you can manipulate the acrylic in nearly any way imaginable!

Sew right on it!
Use your CAD and punch - makes a perfect hole EVERY time!
Ink it
Hand-cut it
Use your die-cut machine on it

Here are a few of my albums in the gallery if you'd like to take a look! And there's a great selection of Clear Scraps products in the store!

Featured Blog (Clear Scraps layout how-to)
Clear Scraps Dog Bone Album (Pawprints On My Heart)
Clear Scraps House Album (This Old House)
Clear Scraps Angled Tag Album (Pool Party)

CathySAHM
Tenant
CathySAHM
In response to nicoleigha

I have to warn you - acrylic is highly addicting! I was so afraid my first time too but I LOVE acrylic now - albums, embellishments on my layouts, card fronts....everything!

My favourite ways to dress it up are paint (paint, and more paint), Staz-on ink, Rub-ons!! (especially the rub-ons that show the design the same on the back too, and other things that show well on both sides - magic mesh, doodled things (American Craft Slick Writers work GREAT, and Sharpies too).

I have more examples on my blog too if you wanna check some out - or email me if you have questions! I'm on the DT, but even if I wasn't - I'd highly recommend the Clear Scraps stuff available here at Scrapbook.com!

Oh..and I use my Bind-it-all on a alot of Acrylic...(see blog posts).

Cathy

Tenant
In response to CathySAHM

Once you take the plunge and do that first album there will be no stopping you! Pop on over to www.clearscraps.com and check out all the stuff in the gallery and the projects link as well. YOu can always start by doing one of the project listed with instructions and once you have the hang of it you can jump right in with your own!

I was very afraid the first time and now it comes so easy!

PaperPrincess13
Expert
PaperPrincess13
In response to blumski

Don't feel bad, I have yet to do a complete acrylic album. I have done little albums with the front and back covers done in acrylic. For me however, it's the being cheap factor. The acrylic albums are kind of pricy and aren't usually available anywhere that Coupons are accepted. Because for the price of an acrylic album I can usually get a really nice 12 x 12 with a coupon for about the same price. $15.00 for one project is a lot for me and that's before you get to the stuff in the album. However, I want to try some projects that are smaller like an acrylic key chain album or something like that. So maybe if the album is to much try something small first and than work your way up. Acrylic is fun

Edited by PaperPrincess13 on 05-29-08 10:39 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

McKane
McKane 
Expert
McKane
In response to lilmrmaid

For reference. Here are a few... ok a lot examples of clear acrylic albums.
Products Referenced in This Post:

thirdgrade
Diva
thirdgrade
In response to McKane

I am nervous about trying them too so I totally understand where you are coming from. I just signed up to take a class a lss and make one. Will let everyone know how it goes.

akissonthechic
Resident
akissonthechic
In response to thirdgrade

Let me just say that I was a little nervouse to but once you get over that, you will become addicted!!! I LOVE my acrylic albums from Clear Scraps and I've tried just about everything on them by now. Don't be afraid... My motto is "There's no mistakes in Scrapbooking..." You can hide just about every "boo-boo" with a flower and paper or a picture! In fact just today I took one of the crayon albums from Clear Scraps and painted each one a different color for one of my daughters pre-school pictures. I'll post it in the techniques area tonight if I get a chance... I painted a color, took a paper towel and kind of "sponged" off some of the paint and then I even put a rub-on down the edge of a ruler! It looks pretty cool but I'm not done yet... If you feel like you don't want to make a mistake on an album buy one of the small Clear Scraps decorative frame sets or tags. That's only a few dollars and you can try out what you want without feeling too scared! Have fun with this stuff!!!

akissonthechic
Resident
akissonthechic
In response to akissonthechic

I'm going to post some pictures of an album I just finished with the Clear Scraps acrlyic. I used a lot of SRM stickers over the paint as well as rub-ons. You can check it out in the techniques area if I can figure out how to do it!!! LOL...

MommyMarci
Queen
MommyMarci
In response to akissonthechic

I'm in the same boat...I have two acrylic mini-albums here that I am scared to put that first thing down on...one of these days!

RN_Spanky
Diva
RN_Spanky
In response to MommyMarci

I saw them and thought they were adorable, but I know I'd never get around to another project!

-Robbie-
Mayor
-Robbie-
In response to RN_Spanky

I did one for a guest design team spot! I was really nervous to start, but it ending up being one of my favorite projects! So fun!

Here is the first page. The picture of my son is actually on the second page and the one of my daughter is on the third. I just love how these allow that!!

Acrylic Album (cover)
By -Robbie-

The entire album is in my gallery if you want to take a peek.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics