Page 3 of 142 
Username Post: Lot of Pics Scrappin Chicks Support Group        (Topic#1465639)
gayle3131
Idol
gayle3131
In response to j3Mel

RUN! By Gayle3131
This lo belongs with another, but I didn't upload it.
It's one of my 1st and very plain, but I like it.
Maybe 'cause it was the favorite place for the kids for about 4 years.

1. where are you from? Whitecourt, Alberta
2. how long you been scrappin'? Only since last Oct.
3. scrap in a group or at home alone? All by myself
4. favorite subject to scrap? My kids. I started scrapping our vacation pics, now I'm on to completing books for my 2 kids. They're 20 and 18, I've got my work cut out for me!
5. current projects? Just completed a book/Princess for my niece's b day. I won't start scrapping till the fall, but I'm starting on renovating the basement into a scrap room. Yah, I won't have to move my stuff all the time!!
6. feel free to add whatever you want.....
I need to find some other people as addicted to scrapping as I am!!!

Falling Leaves By Gayle3131 The Process pics By Gayle3131
Here's a couple more. They also have a lo to go with, just didn't take the pic together.

animemama
Veteran
animemama
In response to gayle3131

I'm in, too! The minimum number of photos I'm happy using on a layout is 3 (though I'll use two or one if that's all I have). My feeling is, the more the merrier! And more photos tell the story better.

1. where are you from?
Arizona
2. how long you been scrappin'?
10 years this October
3. scrap in a group or at home alone?
Home alone - I prefer to be alone, and I'm so ADD, if there's anything at all going on around me I can't get anything done!
4. favorite subject to scrap?
Whatever's next in the pile of photos Anything from pictures of me as a toddler to my cat to beach photos to my boys (age 19 and 12). I have the hardest time with recurring holidays, especially Christmas and Easter.
5. current projects?
An album of a year my family spent in Germany in 1978-79, pictures from my boys' baby and toddler years, and I've got a bunch of current pictures waiting. I just got 151 prints of photos from our vacation, and intend to scrap every one of them! (That's the 151 best of the 438 I took off my camera )
I believe that the most important rule in scrapping (besides never doing anything permanent to a photo of which there is no duplicate - imagine cropping that one-of-a-kind baby picture of grandma too small!) is to scrap in a way that makes you happy and is meaningful to you. Multi-photo layouts, to me, are more interesting and tell a more complete story (plus they're a better use of supplies). So whatever the trends may be, I'm sticking to what I love.

Edited by animemama on 08-06-08 11:58 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to gayle3131

I like your dinosaur LO, Gayle! Great job!

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 08-06-08 12:10 PM
In response to animemama

• animemama Said:
I'm in, too! The minimum number of photos I'm happy using on a layout is 3 (though I'll use two or one if that's all I have). My feeling is, the more the merrier! And more photos tell the story better.

1. where are you from?
Arizona
10 years this October
Home alone - I prefer to be alone, and I'm so ADD, if there's anything at all going on around me I can't get anything done!
Whatever's next in the pile of photos Anything from pictures of me as a toddler to my cat to beach photos to my boys (age 19 and 12). I have the hardest time with recurring holidays, especially Christmas and Easter.
5. current projects?
An album of a year my family spent in Germany in 1978-79, pictures from my boys' baby and toddler years, and I've got a bunch of current pictures waiting. I just got 151 prints of photos from our vacation, and intend to scrap every one of them! (That's the 151 best of the 438 I took off my camera )
I believe that the most important rule in scrapping (besides never doing anything permanent to a photo of which there is no duplicate - imagine cropping that one-of-a-kind baby picture of grandma too small!) is to scrap in a way that makes you happy and is meaningful to you. Multi-photo layouts, to me, are more interesting and tell a more complete story (plus they're a better use of supplies). So whatever the trends may be, I'm sticking to what I love.

I so agree. yes, I occasionally take a picture of nieces/nephews that I feel deserve a page of their own but those layouts usually end up on the wall instead of in the scrapbook.

I do wish publishers and design teams would give more credit to the multi picture scrapper. I have all but given up on any kind of contest or publishing call because they seldom if ever pick a multi pic layout. It is always about the supplies used instead of the story told/presented. That is another reason I'm not good a things like design team calls. When I get supplies, I take them home and put them up where I can find them or they are organized the best. I seldom know or care which manufacturer made the paper I'm using. If it looks good with my pics, I use it. I honestly hope that in 50 years the only things anybody notices in my albums is the story about my family the picture tells. Most of the manufacturers will be forgotten by then, but not our family memories.

Mama2Thomas
Pro
Mama2Thomas
In response to j3Mel

1. where are you from?

San Diego, California

a little over a year

alone, I would just socialize in a group setting... lol.

My little boy!

5. current projects?

Just trying to complete my DS's first and second year albums. I recently found my parents' album of me and my little brother growing up. It's in horrible condition, so I would like to turn it into a scrapbook one day.

Here is my most recent LO... between moving homes and getting settled in the new place, this LO took me almost 2 weeks to complete... yikes!

Featuring Binky - Limited Time Only By Mama2Thomas

Edited by Mama2Thomas on 08-06-08 01:26 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 08-06-08 12:16 PM
In response to Mama2Thomas

aaaaaaaawwwwwwwww what sweet pics. love the background and border.

animemama
Veteran
animemama
In response to j3Mel

LOL, and now that I've joined this group I'm sitting down to do a (rare) 1-pic layout. It's of me and my husband's first big move from one city to another, early in our marriage, and before we left we got our nice little elderly neighbor lady to take a picture of us holding a cardboard carton with the cat in it. I really wish we had more pictures from that day, but we were too busy trying to find the cat, who spotted the U-Haul truck and realized something was up and didn't want anything to do with it. Oh well, at least it's a good story. The one-photo layouts I like the least are the ones with a generic face close-up and some generic, sappy quote, no explanation as to why the picture was taken or what was going on, sometimes they don't even have a name or date on them! If it's worth making a layout about, it's worth going to the trouble of saying something interesting, know what I mean?

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 08-06-08 12:22 PM
In response to j3Mel

Here's one I got 16 pics on 2 pages on.

Labor Day 2007 campout and trail ride By J3Mel

this trailride took 3 2 page layouts to get them all included. Most of the journaling was on the first layout. This one is pretty self explanatory. Lots of pictures from the trail.

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 08-06-08 12:27 PM
In response to animemama

• animemama Said:
LOL, and now that I've joined this group I'm sitting down to do a (rare) 1-pic layout. It's of me and my husband's first big move from one city to another, early in our marriage, and before we left we got our nice little elderly neighbor lady to take a picture of us holding a cardboard carton with the cat in it. I really wish we had more pictures from that day, but we were too busy trying to find the cat, who spotted the U-Haul truck and realized something was up and didn't want anything to do with it. Oh well, at least it's a good story. The one-photo layouts I like the least are the ones with a generic face close-up and some generic, sappy quote, no explanation as to why the picture was taken or what was going on, sometimes they don't even have a name or date on them! If it's worth making a layout about, it's worth going to the trouble of saying something interesting, know what I mean?

i agree. Even if I'm doing a layout of a special picture I try to put dates and locations on them. If it something to be framed I don't always put a name on it just because if it is a gift they are probably going to know who it is. I occasionally get a picture that is just a snapshot. Not something taken for any reason, just a snapshot....but those usually don't get scrapped. I love taking random shots of my nieces and nephews just hanging out at my house and playing but seldom scrap them as a single. I'll put all of them together on a page and talk about them coming to visit.

I did do one that is in my gallery of my nephew playing at my house one night. I found a quote that just fit it so perfectly so I played with it for a challenge. It was a 5 x 7 pic and I gave the finished layout to my brother and SIL. He is just to cute to not take pics of (as if you can't tell if you check out my gallery - sorry, lots of single pics in there but he is just a sweetie!)

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 08-06-08 12:30 PM
In response to j3Mel

so do you ladies have a dedicated scraproom, dining room table scrapper or out of totes scrapper??

Frau_Cooney
Idol
Frau_Cooney
In response to j3Mel

[quote=j3Mel When I get supplies, I take them home and put them up where I can find them or they are organized the best. I seldom know or care which manufacturer made the paper I'm using. If it looks good with my pics, I use it. I honestly hope that in 50 years the only things anybody notices in my albums is the story about my family the picture tells. Most of the manufacturers will be forgotten by then, but not our family memories.

I completely agree! I have tons of name brand things and couldn't tell you the brand of most of it! If it matches what I'm working on it's in!

Frau_Cooney
Idol
Frau_Cooney
In response to Frau_Cooney

I have a card table that I scrap on in the basement family room. I have supplies in some nearby cabinets and (much to my husband's chagrin) all over the pool table! So, not a scraproom, but not totes and the kitchen table either!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to KellyCali

1. where are you from?
5. current projects?

My name is Terri and I live in East Texas.
I have been scrapping for 7 years
I mainly scrap at home now because noone around me scraps like I do (sound familiar?)
I used to scrap monthly with a group when I lived in SE Texas
My favorite subjects are to scrap my son (22 Sr. at Texas A and M) and things my husband and I do. I also love to make cards!
My current projects include my ongoing book of my son, a christmas ornament book telling the story of all my ornaments on my tree and a holiday recipe book.
I am a multi photo scrapper who only occasionally spotlights a single photo on a page. Most all my LO's are doouble page spreads-- I HAVE TO HAVE the two pages coordinating
I think this "support group" is a great idea-- I am dropping my subscriptions to CK because other than a few pages with sketches by Becky I don't seem to find much help for my habit as it is LOL

I scrap at a huge L shaped desk my DH built for me but we are remolding the old family home (DIL passed away in March) and when we finish We will have an office/scrap ROOM! I am so excited!!!!

Edited by terrihooper on 08-06-08 01:08 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 08-06-08 01:13 PM
In response to terrihooper

guess I should answer my own question. I have a dedicated scraproom. I got lucky. Two years ago we put a bedroom in the basement for DD. She needed privacy from little brother. Last summer hubby put a "window" in the wall between her old bedroom and the living room and I moved in. I have my own room but I'm still included in the family activities (movie night etc) if I want to scrap.

animemama
Veteran
animemama
In response to j3Mel

• j3Mel Said:
so do you ladies have a dedicated scraproom, dining room table scrapper or out of totes scrapper??

I have a dedicated wall, LOL. I have an 8-foot folding table, a re-purposed printer cart and some plastic drawers along one wall in our spare room. I share the space with the elliptical trainer, the Christmas decorations, and some old toy bins. It's not very fancy, but at least it's my own space where I can keep my stuff and leave my projects out.

Lori_B
Lori_B 
Idol
Lori_B
In response to KellyCali

I usually do tons of pics in a LO or DLO. I want to join! I'll come back in a bit to read all of the thread, post a few of my multi-pic pages and fill out the intro questions.

wendella247
Veteran
wendella247
In response to Frau_Cooney

Hi everyone! I'm glad to know this thread is here. I do mostly multi-photo pages, although I have done quite a few with only one or two. I am definitely a photo taker (came home with 1600 digital photos from our trip to Australia this year!)and love to use a number of pics to tell my story and to remember occasions by. So, I guess this is a good place for me, huh?

Here are my answers to the little get-to-know questions:

1. Where are you from? First 40 yrs. NYS, the rest--Phoenix, Arizona (actually I'm in Glendale, AZ--a neighborhing city--if you watch American Idol, you might remember that's where Jordan Sparks is from!)

2. How long you been scrappin'? 3 1/2 yrs. officially, although I've done craft and photo projects most of my life.

3. Scrap in a group or at home alone? Home alone, or with my 6-yr-old DGD who is learning to be a pretty good little scrapbooker!

4. Favorite subject to scrap? My granddaughters, family outings, and trips we've made.

5. Current projects? Ongoing pages of my granddaughters and a mini-album for my sister. Soon I'll be starting on a new vacation album. Oh, and I'm making an altered picture frame for a friend using scrapping supplies.

6. Feel free to add whatever you want.....My family sometimes gets tired of me always having a camera in their face, but they do enjoy going thru my albums when they come over, so they put up with me!! I think my DIL is even staring to get interested in scrapbooking!

I'm glad I found this thread and hope to be able to upload pictures of my pages when I can. I look forward to seeing yours too!

Wendy

Aumommie
Diva
Aumommie
In response to Lori_B

I have a "hole" in the basement. There is the back half of our basement that is not finished, DH put up peg board and some countertops and that I where I "live"!!!

Aumommie
Diva
Aumommie
In response to Aumommie

Here are a few LO I've done. The one of my neice was from a scraplift challenge-- I think

Pretty as a princess By Aumommie

Here comes Lightning By Aumommie

Disney Title page
By Aumommie

Mikeys summer
By Aumommie

Mikeys summer By Aumommie

The last 2 are a 2 page LO in my DS's summer book from last year.

Edited by Aumommie on 08-06-08 02:02 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

wendella247
Veteran
wendella247
In response to j3Mel

Sounds like that would be fun.

Page 3 of 142 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics