Page 5 of 142 
Username Post: Lot of Pics Scrappin Chicks Support Group        (Topic#1465639)
cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to Aumommie

• Aumommie Said:
Cindy your avi is sooooo cute!!!

Thanks! I've been thinking of updating it, since Trevor is now 2. But I like the picture and I'm always a little disoriented when other people change their avatars, so I'll probably leave it.

scrappingaddict
Pro
scrappingaddict
In response to j3Mel

1. where are you from? Originally from upstate NY but moved to Phoenix, AZ 9 yrs ago

2. how long you been scrappin'? I started in 1996 after a parent brought one of her albums in during one of our meetings. Parents with special needs would get together once a week (like a support group)

3. scrap in a group or at home alone? Mostly home alone. I did go to a crop once but it's difficult not to have everything at my fingertips!

4. favorite subject to scrap? I don't have one subject. I tend to love the first few pages of any subject but get run out of new ideas over time if I don't switch subjects

5. current projects? My wedding album then my honeymoon.

6. feel free to add whatever you want.....I scrap every picture I keep...I don't just choose a couple. My books are in chronological order and basically show you a time line of events in my life. I tend to have a simpleness to my los so I don't take away from the photos themselves.I am married to the greatest man on this earth and between the two of us, have four children. Babies are long gone for us as our youngest is already 9.I work 40+ hrs a week and then go home to additional work (cooking, cleaning, etc.) I tend to have minimal time to scrap

tammylee
Guru
tammylee
In response to j3Mel

I like to put more than one photo on a LO. Just depends on the subject of the LO how many photos go on it, I like to tell a story.

1. where are you from? Missouri
2. how long you been scrappin'? 3 years
3. scrap in a group or at home alone? alone
4. favorite subject to scrap? right now the kids
5. current projects? an everyday, every occasion album, and an album of my daughter.
6. feel free to add whatever you want..... just so you know it might take me a couple of weeks to get a LO done, or longer! LOL So the idea of a challenge every week, I just might get something done, LOL.

I really dont have alot of time to scrap. Life gets in the way. 2 teenagers, a sick mom, work fulltime, just doesnt leave much room for fun things. KWIM?

We are currently under contract to sell our house. Before we had a buyer we moved all the extra stuff/furniture to new house to make the house look and feel bigger for potential buyers. Well, that included my scrappin desk and scrappin supplies, so no scrappin for me for a couple of more weeks.

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 08-07-08 08:45 AM
In response to tammylee

I have come to the conclusion my fowl mood today is because it has been over a week since I have handled any pictures/paper/embellishm ents for ME projects. I work full time as well but right now it is really slow so I fill my boring time at work on here. Hubby set my scraproom up so anytime we are at home I can scrap in between all the mundane daily stuff that has to be done (laundry, dishes etc). Even when we have family time it usually entails DD and I in the scraproom while DH and DS pick the movies/games etc we all watch together. Too bad with two teenagers in the house the family time keeps getting less and less.

Aumommie
Diva
Aumommie
In response to j3Mel

I think that sould be our first challenge. Maybe you don't complete a LO but sometime during the week find time for you!!!!!! Maybe plan out a Lo or just sit in your scrap area and look at all the pretty colors!!!!

Then again for most of us that is the challenge everyweek. We are getting ready to ramp up again and somehow I never took that one afternoon a week for me this summer. Hmmmmm

Edited by Aumommie on 08-07-08 08:58 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 08-07-08 09:35 AM
In response to Aumommie

hey that is a good idea. I'll think about that and add some more to it as well. I already have an idea brewing!!

So it is Thursday.....do any of you have major plans for the weekend??? Back to school shopping maybe??

Let's chat!!

Aumommie
Diva
Aumommie
In response to j3Mel

Well my oldest has been in NYC with my parents for the last few days and will get home this weekend with my parents. DH has been gone for most of the last 2 weeks and he will get home on Saturday. So its mostly going to be a family reunion of sorts. I'm hopeing to finish getting my scrap area back together finally. We had a line burst on our water softener and spray water all over my scrap area. Still trying to recover from it. Also getting my oldest ready for hockey tryouts this coming week. We don't start school until Sept 2nd and I did my supply shopping through our PTO so I am just about done!!!

wendella247
Veteran
wendella247
In response to scrappingaddict

• scrappingaddict Said:
1. where are you from? Originally from upstate NY but moved to Phoenix, AZ 9 yrs ago

2. how long you been scrappin'? I started in 1996 after a parent brought one of her albums in during one of our meetings. Parents with special needs would get together once a week (like a support group)

3. scrap in a group or at home alone? Mostly home alone. I did go to a crop once but it's difficult not to have everything at my fingertips!

4. favorite subject to scrap? I don't have one subject. I tend to love the first few pages of any subject but get run out of new ideas over time if I don't switch subjects

5. current projects? My wedding album then my honeymoon.

6. feel free to add whatever you want.....I scrap every picture I keep...I don't just choose a couple. My books are in chronological order and basically show you a time line of events in my life. I tend to have a simpleness to my los so I don't take away from the photos themselves.I am married to the greatest man on this earth and between the two of us, have four children. Babies are long gone for us as our youngest is already 9.I work 40+ hrs a week and then go home to additional work (cooking, cleaning, etc.) I tend to have minimal time to scrap

What part of NY are you from? And where in Arizona do you live now? I'm also originally from NY and now live in Arizona!

beach girl 73
Guru
beach girl 73
In response to j3Mel

• j3Mel Said:
hey that is a good idea. I'll think about that and add some more to it as well. I already have an idea brewing!!

So it is Thursday.....do any of you have major plans for the weekend??? Back to school shopping maybe??

Let's chat!!

I will be attending a couple of steering meetings for my mom's group this weekend. We start up again the first week of Sept., so have to get some stuff done for that. Hopefully, I will also, finish a Disney LO I've been working on and also complete another LO for the August Use Your Supplies Challenge which is due Sunday evening. Nothing too exciting, but lots to do.

tammylee
Guru
tammylee
In response to beach girl 73

Big plans?? Yep! We are going to a rodeo and the entertainments afterwards is Gary Allan. Excited!

tammylee
Guru
tammylee
In response to beach girl 73

• mylittlesweetpea Said:

I will be attending a couple of steering meetings for my mom's group this weekend. We start up again the first week of Sept., so have to get some stuff done for that.

What is a steering meeting?

tammylee
Guru
tammylee
In response to Aumommie

• Aumommie Said:
I'm hopeing to finish getting my scrap area back together finally. We had a line burst on our water softener and spray water all over my scrap area. Still trying to recover from it.

Sorry that happened to you!

sbartist
Governor
sbartist
In response to tammylee

The majority of my LO's are multi photo 2 pagers, it would be great to bounce multi photo LO's off of others.

And in response to the short questionnaire:
1. where are you from?
Lakewood, WA

2. how long you been scrappin'?
Since I was in JHS back in the 70's!

3. scrap in a group or at home alone?
Most of the time at home and I do host free crops when time allows (no I do not sell any products)

4. favorite subject to scrap?
Lately it has just been vacations, because as soon as I finish one book, we have taken another trip somewhere.

5. current projects?
My current project is an 8x8 Tall Ships Festival book - can't get too may photos on an 8x8. I am hoping to finish by Monday of next week before we leave on vacation, but I have not scrapped since this past Sunday and am feeling behind again.

6. feel free to add whatever you want.....
By day I am a wife, mother, legal assistant and taxi service for my DS who will be a sophomore in HS. His wrestling activities keep us very busy, especially during wrestling season (summer practice just finished last night), so we get a break until November.

I will link some multi photo LO's in my next post.

sbartist
Governor
sbartist
In response to sbartist

Here are some LO's:

Grand Canyon By Runs With Scissors

Vacation Checklist By Runs With Scissors

Montezuma Castle By Runs With Scissors

Mat Action - Pin to Win By Runs With Scissors

Natural Bridge - VA By Runs With Scissors

Discover Grand Canyon By Runs With Scissors

Broken Arrow By Runs With Scissors

Shore Break By Runs With Scissors

I have tons more if you want to surf.

And when I am bored at work (like today), you will find me here too.

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 08-07-08 11:16 AM
In response to tammylee

• tammylee Said:
Big plans?? Yep! We are going to a rodeo and the entertainments afterwards is Gary Allan. Excited!

take me take me.......not only do I like rodeos......Gary Allen makes me melt when he sings.....

I have my parents anniversary party this weekend. Hope the band is as good as mom claims they are cuz I'm ready to cut loose!!!!!!

wimpygirl
Veteran
wimpygirl
In response to sbartist

Hi all, I went out for a while and this thread is flooded with multi's. What a super idea!! I posted on the original thread and now will catch up --
where you from? Kentucky, Near Paducah

Scrap in group or alone? mostly alone, only been to one scrap, too busy looking & talking

favorite subject to scrap? Grandchildren, My spoiled rotton cats.( More entertaining than tv.)

current projects, making cards, my lo,s are not suiting me, but I just have to scrap something. LOL I am totally addicted!!!!!!!

I am retired, I love to golf, when it is not 100 degrees. I have been married all my life to the same man!! We have 3 daughters and 6 gc.

How long have I been sbing? March,2008 I am a crafty kind of person and I was just going to do a sport album for my gs's senior year. Check out my gallery for lots of basketball, multi photo's, lo's. BUT, I got the addiction, and now in this short of time, I have my own room now for about 3 weeks. My husband has banned me from the sb stores for a while. I don't think he knows about BIG Lots!!! ( you did say use humor) didn't you. Will link some of my stuff at later post. This is going to be fun!!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 08-07-08 12:42 PM
In response to wimpygirl

So happy I found this thread….:) I always knew there were others out there…

1. Where are you from?
Mocksville, North Carolina but originally from Milford,PA/Port Jervis, NY Area (and family is still up there so we are there a lot)

2. How long you been scrappin'?
Since my junior year of high school (about 10 years now)

3. Scrap in a group or at home alone?
Mostly home alone – I went to a crop once and got a lot done and loved the ideas (okay, and the fact that I could go buy things easily) while I was there. I want to do it again but I want to be a bit more organized before I go (so I don’t buy as much.)

4. Favorite subject to scrap?
Events. I don’t have kids and though I have a dog, I’m not into doing a whole bunch for her (actually I did my first layout of her ever, last year and we’ve had her for five years!) I would rather use the pictures to tell a story about an event than just pictures of people and things (which is maybe why I’m not a fan of one picture layouts?)

5. Current projects?
Avoiding my wedding album. ;)

6. So do you ladies have a dedicated scraproom, dining room table scrapper or out of totes scrapper?
I have a corner of our guestroom/office that serves as a scrap/writing/creative space.

I am a two picture per page minimum (and they better be great photos!) scrapper – really it’s more like 3-4 minimum. I just started doing two page layouts – most of the time I use coordinating papers for the event and however many pages it takes to tell the story is what I do. I would rather coordinate for the event. If it happens – great – if it doesn’t, I’m not going to worry about it.

I have to agree with you j3Mel. I buy my supplies and then put them how I’ll use them – I could care less what brand color/type as long as it looks good on my page. I want to make sure the story is told, not the brand of product. I looked at scrap magazines for awhile and then cancelled them since I would find one or two things in a 50 page magazine that appealed to me.

I’ve tried (abysmally) to do a one photo layout. I’m not an embellishment person in the sense of stickers and brads and stuff. If I have one photo I’ll find more “pictures” to add in from brochures or tickets to things or I’ll just do a lot of journaling. I've found that I can’t have a ton of white space – makes me crazy! But I've come to terms and have embraced myself as a story scrapper.

wendella247
Veteran
wendella247
In response to Crystal Lullaby

I just tried to embed some pics from my gallery, but I guess I need some help with that, 'cuz it didn't work. How do I do that?

Thanks.

Wendy

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to wendella247

• wendella247 Said:
I just tried to embed some pics from my gallery, but I guess I need some help with that, 'cuz it didn't work. How do I do that?

Thanks.

Wendy

I hope I have this in the right order.....but you open up the pic in your gallery and select "Imbed Picture", or something like that. The icon appears below the picture. Once there, change the option from the top option to the bottom one (the bottom one is for using on threads and it says that in the description). Then select the size you want. A code will appear in a box. Copy the code and paste here in your thread. HTH!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to j3Mel

• j3Mel Said:

Let's chat!!

We're heading over to Pier 39 in San Francisco this weekend to play around and eat at Bubba Gumps. We're also going to catch a movie at some point. School starts already on Monday. I took DS to registration today.

Edited by Luvmyfam on 08-07-08 01:57 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Page 5 of 142 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics