Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Glitter?        (Topic#1465857)
Missy39
Tenant
Missy39

Ok how does everyone get thier glitter to stick to the page? I just bought some Making Memories scrapbook shimmer kit. That has 6 different colors of glitter. But not quite sure how to adhere it to my pages? Is there a way to use a stamp to stamp a design onto a page and then get the glitter to stick it it? Do I have to try to stamp it with a colored ink and then brush over it with a glue and then shake the glitter on to it? How???? do I do this? I am lost.
Mchelle

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to Missy39

I used a glue pen on my Cinderella Castle LO to freehand doodles and then I sprinkled the glitter over it. That's the only way I've used it so far. I imagine if you wanted to cover a large area you could use a paintbrush and paint lightly. My grandmother uses double sided tape to make lines of glitter for her pages.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Heather J. Landry

STICKLES! Best glitter glue on the market!

With any loose glitter, no matter what you use to adhere it, you still need to cover it with Diamond Glaze or Glossy Accents or something like that to keep the glitter from traveling all over you page later.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Missy39
Tenant
Missy39
In response to Vivian loves BLING

So you can use the stickles with your stamps to stamp a design onto a page? It will not damage the stamps?

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Missy39

Stickles is literally glitter suspended in a glue. I don't think it would be good to use with stamps but if you do, wash off right away. This glue dries faster than other brands of glitter glue. And it will probably peel right off of rubber but not sure of acrylic stamps.

Still... another technique to try.

I certainly wouldn't recommend foam stamps.

scrappinmomto2girls
Governor
scrappinmomto2girls

I totally agree....stickles is so awesome!! I only have 2 colors right now but do intend on collecting the rest!!

farnsworth
Idol
farnsworth
In response to scrappinmomto2girls

I use my sticker makers, I run it through one way dip it in glitter and run it through the other way!

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to farnsworth

Stickles!!!

Twinstars
Guru
Twinstars
In response to SQ Mandi

The Xyron sticker makers, glue pens, Terrifically Tacky Tape and glue pads all work well with glitter - and I will second Vivian's statement about covering with Glossy Accents!!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to Twinstars

I use a glue pen, sprinkle the glitter then use Glossy Accents on top. I also like STICKLES....They will probably get the popular vote!

ScrapnRNICU
Expert
ScrapnRNICU

• Bling Fairy Vivian Said:

With any loose glitter, no matter what you use to adhere it, you still need to cover it with Diamond Glaze or Glossy Accents or something like that to keep the glitter from traveling all over you page later.

Yet another product for me to get hooked on! I've not used glitter in my LOs yet...but looks like this could hook me!!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 06-02-08 04:31 AM
In response to ScrapnRNICU

• ScrapnRNICU Said:

Yet another product for me to get hooked on! I've not used glitter in my LOs yet...but looks like this could hook me!!

Believe me, you will definitely get hooked. I didn't have any until yesterday and now I have 7 regular and two Ice Stickles. And they do look good with Glimmer Mist too. I've been trying to think of more cards/layouts/etc to play with the Stickles. And they dry without having a glitter mess all over the place.

disneylisa
Mayor
disneylisa
In response to Missy39

• Missy39 Said:
Ok how does everyone get thier glitter to stick to the page? I just bought some Making Memories scrapbook shimmer kit. That has 6 different colors of glitter. But not quite sure how to adhere it to my pages? Is there a way to use a stamp to stamp a design onto a page and then get the glitter to stick it it? Do I have to try to stamp it with a colored ink and then brush over it with a glue and then shake the glitter on to it? How???? do I do this? I am lost.
Mchelle

Yes, Stickles are awesome but that's not your question and they won't work well for what you are trying to do here. There is a glue pad you can buy and use with regular glitter. Its just like an ink pad and you use it the same way with your stamps. Some brands suggest once you stamp the image that you heat it a bit to make it more tacky. You can also use a glue pen to trace over a stamped image but why deal with that extra step if you don't have to.

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*
In response to disneylisa

I've just used a ZIG glue pen. Seems to work pretty well.

Never though of using my Xyron .

TriciaH
Guru
TriciaH
In response to disneylisa

• disneylisa Said:
  • Missy39 Said:
Mchelle

Yes, Stickles are awesome but that's not your question and they won't work well for what you are trying to do here. There is a glue pad you can buy and use with regular glitter. Its just like an ink pad and you use it the same way with your stamps. Some brands suggest once you stamp the image that you heat it a bit to make it more tacky. You can also use a glue pen to trace over a stamped image but why deal with that extra step if you don't have to.

Is it this glue pad?

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to GrandmaMichelf

• GrandmaMichelf Said:
  • ScrapnRNICU Said:

Believe me, you will definitely get hooked. I didn't have any until yesterday and now I have 7 regular and two Ice Stickles. And they do look good with Glimmer Mist too. I've been trying to think of more cards/layouts/etc to play with the Stickles. And they dry without having a glitter mess all over the place.

I warned you, Michele. Hook, line and sinker, huh?

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to TriciaH

• TriciaH Said:
  • disneylisa Said:
  • Missy39 Said:
Mchelle

Is it this glue pad?

That's it!

You can also use glue pens to outline an image and then sprinkle glitter on it.

Xyron s work well, too. I like to glitter chipboard by running it first through my Xyron backwards, so the adhesive is on the front. Then I run it through the normal way so I have adhesive on BOTH sides. Slowly peel away the top layer, and glitter the letter. Then seal it with Diamond Glaze , Glossy Accents, or any decoupage medium. (I have Martha Stewart's decoupage, at least for now.) Once the sealer is dry, you ahve a blingy letter!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

• GrandmaMichelf Said:
  • ScrapnRNICU Said:

I warned you, Michele. Hook, line and sinker, huh?

And those of us with "Bling" in our screenname are very likely to highly suggest glitter usage.

chelseavantol
Expert
chelseavantol
In response to BlingQueenRia

I use a martha stewart glue pen or the glue stamp pad. Here is a LO I just did w/ the pen and loose orange glitter:

Anyone Else But You
By Chelseavantol

PaperPrincess13
Expert
PaperPrincess13
In response to chelseavantol

Well since I have been stuck with the regular glitter right now, I usually use it with my paints so after I have applied the paint than i immediately cover my shape with the glitter and than I spray with hairspray. Works pretty good and than it keeps me from having to buy more products to make up for the fact that I don't have stickles right now!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics