Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: circle cutters?        (Topic#1465951)
4princes1princess
Guru
4princes1princess

Any suggestions or what everyone uses? I was thinking of the Ek Success curvy one? I REALLY wanna get one but not sure what's good! Thanks!

dncangel73
Idol
dncangel73
In response to 4princes1princess

i love my cutter bee curvy cutter! its easy to use and you can make circles as big as a 12x12 paper will allow... you can also make fairly small circles too! so versatile! and then you can always get the other templates and make other shapes too!

tina c
tina c 
Diva
tina c
In response to dncangel73

Those are the ones I own and love them. You have to use a glass cutting mat. Sold seperately.

Aumommie
Diva
Aumommie
In response to tina c

I love my cutter from CM. It was the first one I bought. I tried the coluzzle (sp?) and just couldn't get it. I have all the different shapes for it as well.

carrie13
Veteran
carrie13
In response to Aumommie

I have the Coluzzle and I really like it. It's nice because it's easy to store and priced pretty good. I just use it on my regular self healing mat.

nancyhyland
Idol
nancyhyland
In response to carrie13

I love the CM ones!!

momtokatie
Expert
momtokatie
In response to nancyhyland

I have the CM one and just love it.

4princes1princess
Guru
4princes1princess
In response to momtokatie

thank you! I think I'll go shopping now! Better buy a glass mat!

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch

Do you have an Archivers near you? I took a class at mine this past weekend and they said if you wanted to try something out, just come in and they would be glad to demo products and let you give them a try to decide. Might be worth a try to check a couple different ones out before you lay down the bills!

akharrison
New Kid On the Block
akharrison
In response to dwelch

Just curious, has anyone tried the new Martha Stewart circle cutter?

JoanE
JoanE 
Idol
JoanE
  • JoanE on 06-04-08 04:37 PM
In response to akharrison

I love my CM cutters.

jamivh 
New Kid On the Block
In response to JoanE

Is it necessary to use the Ek Success glass mat or could I just go to my local hardware store and purchase a 13" square piece of glass? I realize I will be missing the gridlines but has anyone else done this and what are your experiences?

Does anyone have or has anyone used the Curvy Cutter - Create Custom Shapes? I was just wondering what it actually enables you to do that the ovals, circles and rounded squares templates don't cover.

I just bought my curvy cutter last week but haven't used it yet. I bought the cutter, the circles, the ovals and the rounded squares. I did a lot of polling before purchasing a cutting system and this one seems to be the most well liked and easiest to use. Of course the small circles are not an option but I am fine with that. I am so anxious to use mine but I wanted to wait until I have an adequate cutting base. I am extremely impatient and have a tendency to be disgusted and give up on items that don't work well on the first try regardless of whether it is material, maker or user incompetencies. I must work on that because I am not a crafty person but I do love making cards (eventhough most times I think a five year old could do a better job) and really want to attempt scrapbooking! I tried cards and then gave up for about 3 years. However, when I realized all the moola I spent on goodies that were just sitting there I tried again and am still at it 8 monnths later. So my inspirational message is to try, try and try again - practice makes almost perfect - hang in there and don't give up!!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 06-08-08 11:47 AM
In response to jamivh

I actually use a different Ek Success circle cutter. Plus I have some Fiskars circles that go with my Fiskars ShapExpress. I don't use a glass mat. I bought this awesome Martha Stewart cutting mat that has worked well.

gayle3131
Idol
gayle3131

I love my Ek Success curvy cutter! I have all the shapes.
I have a cricut and I still use this to cut. I havn't bought the glass mat, I just use the backside of my glass cutting board. Make sure to tape your paper down and even the shape. I've had good luck using painters mask, the green masking tape. It's not as sticky and won't tear your paper.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to carrie13

• carrie13 Said:
I have the Coluzzle and I really like it. It's nice because it's easy to store and priced pretty good. I just use it on my regular self healing mat.

Me too. It did take me some time to figure out how to use it. I was extremely frustrated at first! Now I love it!

But I use the foam to cut on. Not the Coluzzle-brand one, but the same type of foam I found inside some padded envelopes.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 06-12-08 12:13 PM
In response to Bxr-Linda

My circle and oval cutters are Creative Memories, got them when I first started 10+ years ago. I love them! Though I have been thinking about getting the Ek Success ones. Those would have more size options. Right???

PS: How do you get the pictures of the products added to your post?

jamivh 
New Kid On the Block
In response to KimKV

Right underneath the box where you type in your reply/post there is "Choose Products Mentioned:" and a note box. Underneath that is a blue box with this phrase: "* Click here to search and select products." Click on this and then search for your product. The matches will display and underneath each of the matches it says "add to list". Just click on that and the product will be added. It will display underneath your reply/post you are typing and if you need to remove it you can just click on the red [x] after the product name. Hope this helps! :smile :

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 06-13-08 03:10 PM
In response to jamivh

I have Icon Legend: Report Post, Quote post, Quick reply in one block, Permissions: You can reply to this topic in the middle block, and Topic Options: Print Topic, Email Topic, # of views, Add to Fav Topics and Subscribe to Topic in the 3rd block. No "Choose products mentioned" anywhere. Strange, she said while scratching her head.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 06-13-08 03:32 PM
In response to KimKV

Okay, now I get it. I have to preview my post first, then that option pops up if I edit the reply. Well, now I don't feel quite as dumb.

Scrap Bug
Guru
Scrap Bug
In response to KimKV

I have the curvy cutter and really like it so far. I just use a piece of glass from a picture frame, works fine. I also use the coluzzle and my Craft Robo.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics