Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: I am dying for the Doodlebug crushed velvet flock        (Topic#1466025)
chelseavantol
Expert
chelseavantol

The little set w/ 12 colors... I want it so, so badly.

shopgirlaudi
Mayor
shopgirlaudi
In response to chelseavantol

I saw this at HL just last week. There's no coupon this week, but I'm sure there will be one next week:) Besides the flocking stuff, they also had the little set of the glitters and the bigger sized glitters:)

~Chere~
Diva
~Chere~
In response to shopgirlaudi

I got some at CHA and have played with it...it's very cool!!!

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.
In response to ~Chere~

I bought one thing of brown, it is sold separately and in a bigger container. My LSS had them. It is very cool!!

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to Tracy S.

I have played a lot with fun flock, but I want to try Doodlebug too. The fun flock I can get way cheaper though...so I might just stick to it.

chelseavantol
Expert
chelseavantol
In response to Tracy S.

i dont have a close lss... only M's and it sucks! boo

hdsue
hdsue 
Guru
hdsue
  • hdsue on 06-02-08 03:50 PM

i got a jar yesterday to play with it i went today and got the stamp and glue pad to try it...i bought a diff name brand for 2.97 i think it was....think im gonna like it.

farnsworth
Idol
farnsworth
In response to hdsue

I really want that too. I have been dying for it but have been holding off have you seen the brads they are cute!!!

chelseavantol
Expert
chelseavantol
In response to farnsworth

no, are they fuzzy?? i love Doodlebug stuff

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to hdsue

• hdsue Said:
i got a jar yesterday to play with it i went today and got the stamp and glue pad to try it...i bought a diff name brand for 2.97 i think it was....think im gonna like it.

I have loved the flock I have, but the glue pad has not done what I want it too...

The flock worked better with other adhesives...

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to riorabbit

OK, I haven't even SEEN this??!! Off to check...

Bethydawn
Tenant
Bethydawn

I want to get some too!

buzzkiss
Governor
buzzkiss
In response to Bethydawn

Where do you get the cheaper stuff? Also what's it called?

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to buzzkiss

• buzzkiss Said:
Where do you get the cheaper stuff? Also what's it called?

The stuff that I got for cheaper was fun flock. It has been the main flocking powder around for a while. I got mine at a local stamp store. Not sure where else you could get it. I know CTMH sells it in white and only white, but you pay like a dollar and a half more for it (for an item that is 2.50 here at my store to then be 4 bucks from them ...that is a bit much).

I think the bottles of fun flock might be slightly smaller than doodblebugs. However, this isn't stuff I see myself using up fast. I used a bunch of it and you can't tell. It is really similar to embossing powder in that respect. I don't need a large bottle.

However, I didn't see the little variety packs. Those might be worth it... Especially with a coupon.

Edited by riorabbit on 06-02-08 09:31 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

MelissaMissesTX
Veteran
MelissaMissesTX
In response to riorabbit

I got some bottles of flock a week or so ago and it's by Stampendous. I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but I hope I can figure it out. I got blue, green and yellow. What adhesive do you guys use?

Edited by MelissaMissesTX on 06-03-08 02:40 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

mkthomas
Veteran
mkthomas
In response to MelissaMissesTX

Yeah that is what I am curious about the adhesive? What do you use how do you do it? Teach me oh wise scrapbookers LOL!!

Expert
In response to mkthomas

I just got this last week. I haven't had anytime to play with it yet though

ScrapperSara22
Guru
ScrapperSara22
In response to Sylver_Mercedes

I haven't gotten any yet, but it does look like fun. I'm afraid if I start, I won't stop! I have bought some sheets of flocking, but not the loose stuff. The Doodlebug colors look like such yummy fun!

As for adhesives, I know 7 Gypsies has some rubons out right now in different designs that are made to add flocking, foil or glitter. WERMK also has a kit out with adhesive rubons and sheets of flocking and foil and glitter. You can also use glue pens to hand draw flourishes, letters, etc... and add it that way. I'm sure a tape runner would work well for borders... hmmm... I might have to get some of this now.

farnsworth
Idol
farnsworth
In response to ScrapperSara22

OK ladies you gave me an idea for a swap, anything to get new scrapping stuff:
Here is the link hope you can join!
http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/14661...

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to farnsworth

It works with most liquid adhesives. I love it with ZIG two way glue pens (sticks really well to that and you can get a thicker area covered). With the new Tombo glue pens it sticks to those well too and you get fine detail wich is sweet! It is so fine you can literally write in your normal handwriting like you are using a pen! However, if you really want to feel the fuzzy something that fine might not be so ideal.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics