Page 1 of 107 
Username Post: Virtual Crop Week #66 - Lets Crop        (Topic#1466495)
jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva

What is this thread about?

Well, things get quiet here on the weekends, so a thread was started to just hang out and do a virtual crop. Since then it's grown into more. Several people are now "regular" including myself. We chat about anything and everything. (Warning: Sometimes we stray into areas that may be considered "adult," although we always try to be tasteful about it.) We share our latest layouts, pictures, whatever interests us. We have fun and encourage each other.

It's now all week long, too. Since it is a new thread each week, it's easier for anyone to join. Even though we start over each week, it's STILL pages and pages long. Don't be intimidated, we are happy to have anyone drop by and say hello. Some of us read all the replies and keep up, but it is not required. Warning: It can get addictive!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Circle Journal Information:
I suggest 8x8 format because it's easy to do and will fit into a standard mailer.

It's everyone's choice to do either a single or a two page spread and to add whatever you want. Vivian, personally, would like to see a current photo, likes and dislikes on whatever, and something unusual about each person. Like for Liz/Moxie to show her extensive Stickles collection.

To keep things simple, do the same layout for everyone. You could change papers and such depending on your stash but keeping to the same design will make things much easier/faster and no one gets a better page from you than the next person. If someone is short on funds/time to make copies, digitals are acceptable. Even digital copies can be doctored up (read that as blinged) to make a hybrid layout.

PM those you want page(s) from and you'll be getting PMs from others in the Circle. Just let it be known you're interesting in doing this in the thread. This isn't just for VCWer, so if you want to add other people, go ahead. It's your album.

Please leave updates about yourself Update Blog #66 . This is for those who can't be online as much as they would like to be. At least this way, there's highlights from this thread.

Most of us also really love bling and encourage bling usage!

Come visit Our Gallery to meet some of the irregular regulars!

There are several of us who are dealing with weight/health issues, too, so we've started a HEALTHY CHALLENGE as a way to have support and accountability for whatever your goals may be.

So come on! Don't be bashful! And don't be afraid of the fact that this thread MOVES. Just jump in wherever we are, and we'll be glad to get you caught up on what's happening. We never know what we're going to talk about or how silly we will get.

WARNING: Reading of, or participation in, this thread could result in food or drink being sprayed across your computer or sleepless nights...

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to jellyziva

• riorabbit Said:
Oh and um...prayer request if you think of it and don't mind.

I found out about a possible job that sounds like a God send today.

I am looking at going into occupational therapy. I asked my mom to talk to her friend that is an OT and find out if she is going to be working in the clinic at all this summer. Her friend works at her school and then at a clinic in the evenings some for extra money. With still not having a job, I thought I could at least shadow her if she is working some. The app for grad school requires 20 hours of shadowing an OT and a reference from an OT.

When my mom mentioned that to her, she told my mom about another position they have at the clinic. It involves essentially crafts for therapy. It sounds like they don't require a degree for it and they pay less than an actual therapist, but they do pay ok. With all my craft experience, my degree in psychology and recreation (plus specific recreation therapy classes), and experience working in a special ed class... I hopefully would be an ideal canidate.

It sounds great to me on many levels too. It has a flexible schedule so I could still work on my masters, it would be around OT's so that looks good for my application to grad school, it would also provide me with connections to a place that hires OTs, AND...I would be working with CRAFTS!

Right now it sounds too good to be true. I am trying to not get my hopes up and I have to find out more, but .... *happy sigh* it sounds...wonderful...

Will keep it in our prayers...

You can also add it to the VCW prayer blog!

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to jellyziva

• DawnInAZ Said:
:( why did I start looking through photos?

Dawn.. No more looking, come chat here..

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to jellyziva

• jelly97 Said:
  • riorabbit Said:

I am looking at going into occupational therapy. I asked my mom to talk to her friend that is an OT and find out if she is going to be working in the clinic at all this summer. Her friend works at her school and then at a clinic in the evenings some for extra money. With still not having a job, I thought I could at least shadow her if she is working some. The app for grad school requires 20 hours of shadowing an OT and a reference from an OT.

When my mom mentioned that to her, she told my mom about another position they have at the clinic. It involves essentially crafts for therapy. It sounds like they don't require a degree for it and they pay less than an actual therapist, but they do pay ok. With all my craft experience, my degree in psychology and recreation (plus specific recreation therapy classes), and experience working in a special ed class... I hopefully would be an ideal canidate.

It sounds great to me on many levels too. It has a flexible schedule so I could still work on my masters, it would be around OT's so that looks good for my application to grad school, it would also provide me with connections to a place that hires OTs, AND...I would be working with CRAFTS!

Right now it sounds too good to be true. I am trying to not get my hopes up and I have to find out more, but .... *happy sigh* it sounds...wonderful...

Send prayers up for ya.

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to jellyziva

• jelly97 Said:
  • riorabbit Said:

We have a prayer blog?

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to jellyziva

• jelly97 Said:
  • DawnInAZ Said:

I put them away.
I better head to bed anyways.

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to DawnInAZ

Night Dawn!

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to riorabbit

• riorabbit Said:

We have a prayer blog?

You wouldn't expect less from VCW, right?

VCW Prayer List

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:
  • jelly97 Said:
  • DawnInAZ Said:

I put them away.
I better head to bed anyways.

Goodnite, Dawn... think happy thoughts.. think MM pp, embellies...

Sweet dreams..

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to jellyziva

OK.. I'm going to sign off too. Hope to see you tomorrow, Rio.. will call you before I leave here..

And hello to the morning crew!

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to jellyziva

• jelly97 Said:
  • riorabbit Said:

We have a prayer blog?

You wouldn't expect less from VCW, right?

VCW Prayer List

I seriously didn't know this existed.

Ok, off to add to it.

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to riorabbit

Night Shirley! See you tomorrow!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to riorabbit

morning!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to leebla

Morning!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to scrappycath

I need sleep

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

• DawnInAZ Said:
I got some MM Noteworthy stuff for the challenge.

For the challenge...uh huh...that's what I tried to tell myself too. But Dawn, you only need one lo for the challenge.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Gotta run to store for cheese to go with ds#3 State Fair project. He has Wisconsin.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

My kids are done with school at noon today!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

I am going to try to focus hard on work today so that I can make up for being so off kilter all week.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

Am trying to even start now by working on this box of null charts that needs scanned and shredded.

Page 1 of 107 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics