Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: QOTD 6/6        (Topic#1466501)
Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 06-06-08 02:10 AM

Do you have a “signature” that you put on every LO once it is complete?

DivaDana
Diva
DivaDana
In response to Huskymom

I have been planning to implement this idea, at least date done or something. Curious , can't wait to see replies...

scrappinpeanut
Resident
scrappinpeanut
In response to DivaDana

No I don't, my signature is my style But seriously, it is a good idea. When I do other things like a quilt, ceramics, or a X-stitch piece I always put my initials on them and the date I made it somewhere. I never thought of doing it for scrapping though - I guess because in the front of each of my albums I put a little note to say who I made it for and my name and the year.... I guess I really don't need to put it on every single page.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 06-06-08 02:29 AM
In response to scrappinpeanut

I have never done this but am going to start to add a letter D somewhere on the page as my signature. It'll be like the game, where's waldo? but Where's the D. for the people who view my pages

~*~Kathie~*~
Diva
~*~Kathie~*~
In response to Huskymom

I sign and date them on the back when I remember. Unfortunately, I don't remember very often. Most of them are not signed or dated. I even have a date stamp.

tricia07
Guru
tricia07
In response to ~*~Kathie~*~

No never thought about it! Cute idea on putting the date completed though. Not sure why I would put my name or initial though...won't everyone know Momma did it? LOL!

scrappinmonkey
Queen
scrappinmonkey
In response to tricia07

Good idea....

ashtonsmommy
Governor
ashtonsmommy
In response to scrappinmonkey

I have done it every once in a while. I have been doing it to the TC/CJ journal pages.

SweetMelissa
Expert
SweetMelissa
In response to ashtonsmommy

I don't put one on the front of my layouts but on the back I write when the picture was taken, where it was taken and why I made the layout.

Anne1701
Mayor
Anne1701
In response to SweetMelissa

You know I never thought about it. I always sign any paintings I do so you would think I would do it for my layouts.
I should start, that is if I remember

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to tricia07

• tricia07 Said:
No never thought about it! Cute idea on putting the date completed though. Not sure why I would put my name or initial though...won't everyone know Momma did it? LOL!

That depends on the family and generation. I do many of the layouts for my nieces. So it could be momma or aunt that made it!

I have added a note on the back to a few that says "made by Aunt _______ " and then it has the date it was completed. I also sometimes add other info like who wrote journaling. Sometimes thier mom gives me the journaling, sometimes I write it, and sometimes I write it to them from me and sign it as from me on the front.

SB1280
SB1280 
Mayor
SB1280
In response to riorabbit

I write the date the LO was completed on the back but that's it.

Gamma Rena
Diva
Gamma Rena
In response to SB1280

I have only done a few with signatures and not sure why, because I sign the back of all cards.

ScrapperV
Diva
ScrapperV
In response to Gamma Rena

I never thought about a signature, but maybe I should somewhere on the creation!!

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to ScrapperV

I'm with the others, I also don't put a signature on my layouts. I try to put the date the picture was taken and the date I completed the layout on the back, but thats it. It is a great idea and I may start doing something like this.

krishunter
Diva
krishunter
In response to Amigosa

I put the date on the back.

tricia07
Guru
tricia07
In response to riorabbit

• riorabbit Said:
  • tricia07 Said:

That depends on the family and generation. I do many of the layouts for my nieces. So it could be momma or aunt that made it!

I have added a note on the back to a few that says "made by Aunt _______ " and then it has the date it was completed. I also sometimes add other info like who wrote journaling. Sometimes thier mom gives me the journaling, sometimes I write it, and sometimes I write it to them from me and sign it as from me on the front.

That's a perfect usage for it! Great idea!

I have a question for everyone...when you write it on the back...aren't you just using adhesive to put your layout on the scrapbook inserts so if you take it off doesn't it tear that? Or am I misunderstanding???

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to tricia07

Tricia, are you talking about those sheets of paper that come in the page protectors ? I didn't know you were supposed to glue your LO's to those once they're completed. I've never done that - as a matter of fact, I generally pull them out and stash them with my offwhite or black cardstock (depending on color). The only time I leave them behind my LO is when I have brad backs or something that I think might harm the Lo behind it. I'd be interested to hear comments on this.

Edited by dwelch on 06-06-08 04:57 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

farnsworth
Idol
farnsworth
In response to dwelch

This is an interesting post I had never thought of doing anything like that!

tricia07
Guru
tricia07
In response to dwelch

• dwelch Said:
Tricia, are you talking about those sheets of paper that come in the page protectors ? I didn't know you were supposed to glue your LO's to those once they're completed. I've never done that - as a matter of fact, I generally pull them out and stash them with my offwhite or black cardstock (depending on color). The only time I leave them behind my LO is when I have brad backs or something that I think might harm the Lo behind it. I'd be interested to hear comments on this.

Not those things (I don't get those with the creative memory page protectors )...I mean the hinged pages like below. I adhere my layout to those and then put the page protector on it. That's how I was taught to do it...am I doing it wrong? That's how I think Creative Memories intends it???
Products Referenced in This Post:

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics