Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Adhesives        (Topic#1467157)
mandyu_2003
New Kid On the Block
mandyu_2003

Since I started scrapbooking, the only adhesive product I have used is a glue stick, but I don't know how durable my pages will be in the long run (seems like the glue stick gets brittle and things pop off the page easily after a while). Plus, it can get messy, and I know there must be an easier way! Can anyone recommend a couple of good adhesive products to invest in?

Thanks!

renee1
renee1 
Guru
renee1
In response to mandyu_2003

eeekk glue sticks?? ick. I use all the gluedots brands and Tombo w Mono Adhesive and creative memories tape runner

married05
Idol
married05
In response to renee1

I really like Herma Vario tabs for photos and papers, and Glue Dots for buttons and other embellishments. I also like to use a glue pen for small diecuts and letters.

A lot of people really like the ATG by Scotch , it's just too expensive for me to try!

love4scrappin85
Guru
love4scrappin85
In response to married05

xyron X for emellies
xyron Orange Glue Runner when I can afford the refills..
Tombo
Adtech from walmart -- Real cheap!!!!!!!!!!

and zotz for other embellies, etc.

canadian_ newbie
Veteran
canadian_ newbie
In response to love4scrappin85

I use the adtech runner as well, I like the Glue Dots and for little paper embellies I use Zip Dry glue - I have tried the Fiskars adhesive tabs and I only use them if I run out of the tape runner (so now I buy 2 refill pkgs at a time so I don't have to use the tabs)

macsgirl
Tenant
macsgirl
In response to canadian_ newbie

I like Glue Dots and the Herma Vario tab runner.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to macsgirl

adtech glue runner for almost everything (I LOVE this)
xyron x and 500 for hard to adhere die cuts and such
mini Glue Dots for ribbon, metal, chipboard, etc.

Tia Hokee
Diva
Tia Hokee
In response to scraprabbit

Another vote for AdTech here. I also use the CM tape runner to attach my photos to my layouts, and for buttons and embellishments, I use Glue Dots .

The xyron X is great for alphabets and small die cuts.

married05
Idol
married05
In response to Tia Hokee

I love the xyron little x for ribbon also! I was using it for small diecuts but was worried I was wasting too much of the adhesive strip. Now I use the ZIG Glue pen for small diecuts.
Products Referenced in This Post:

mandyu_2003
New Kid On the Block
mandyu_2003
In response to married05

Thanks to everyone who responded. Your input helps a lot. I knew there was a better way than glue sticks, but there are just so many options. It is great to hear what other people have found to work.

Ami G
Ami G 
Diva
Ami G
  • Ami G on 06-12-08 05:06 PM

Another Glue Dots lover here!
I also love my xyron X and xyron model 900 for bigger things. I use all of these every time I scrapbook.

I also REALLY love Scotch brand photo splits. I can only find them at Michaels, though. They last forever, too.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 06-12-08 07:15 PM
In response to Ami G

I have Tombo w Mono Adhesive that i use for the things that are too small to use mount squares. Generally I use mount squares for pics and big papers. And xyron 510 for big die cuts.
Today I just got a sticky pads from Ms, never used them or heard of them before, but caught my eyes today so wanted to try. It is similar theory as xyron , but I dont like xyron machine wasting some of spaces that i cant fit the papers, so i want to try this and see if i can use more effectively! It is called Sticky Dots Die Cut Adhesives.

stephykatz
Resident
stephykatz
In response to Once

I love Glue Dots and I have a Scotch clear glue with a pen and sponge tip.

melilou
Guru
melilou
In response to stephykatz

I love Glue Dots for embellies, xyron X repositional for ribbon and cut letters, and Kokuyo tape 'n' roller for anything flat, such as paper or photos. I also use dimensional adhesive like 3-D Dots quite often, although I don't have a favorite brand. For Vellum or transparancies I use vellum spray, like Scrapper's spray, but once again I'm not particular on brand. Unfortunately the superstore doesn't sell any brands of vellum spray but you can get it at local stores like M's.

ScrapThis!
Tenant
ScrapThis!
In response to melilou

i have an entire box full of adhesives i've true and blue tested. Herma ..tombo..xyron.. ZIG pens.. cm and on and on. Glue Dots are great, but i like the foam adhesive, i use all the circles and then cut up the negative space to stretch it a little more they work great and add dimension. i used to use a Herma Dotto runner religously, but have recently changed back to Tombo because the Herma runner seemed to start sticking after a lot of use...also for those other xyron users? i feel like i waste alot of space when i have skinny embellies...can you reuse the strip? so i can get the rest of the adhesive out of it?

melissa_1959
Pro
melissa_1959
In response to ScrapThis!

Adhesive are as varied as the people on this site. Most of use several. I do and, to be honest, I'm still not sure which adhesive is the best for each use.

I use:
3M Scotch ATG gun to attach paper and photos.
xyron X and 250 for small embellishments.
Crafter's Pick The Ultimate and KI Memories Gloo for heavier chipboard and metal embellies.
Zots 3D for those times I want my embellies raised off the page.

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 06-16-08 12:30 PM

fiskI love the ZIG 2-way glue pen. It was given to me as a gift a while back and I hadn't used it until recently. I decided I liked it so much that I went and bought another one as backup so I wouldn't run out! I also like the Fiskars photo stickers. I use them on everything...not just photos! I buy them in a dispenser box of 1000 and they last for quite a while. I always have a box or two of them on hand. I get them at WM...that is the cheapest place that I've found them! I also have the xyron small X that I've only used a time or two...I need to use that more because the time or two that I have I've really liked it!

_pink_glitter_hearts_
Guru
_pink_glitter_hearts_

i use these little white square tape adhesives. i have the tape runner, but prefer the ones that come in a little square box. (i can't remember the brand, but it's one of the most common ones i see at my local craft stores and even local walgreens.) i also like the mini xyron /sticker maker for small cricut letters and embelishments.

ScrappyPrincess
Idol
ScrappyPrincess
In response to _pink_glitter_hearts_

I use Fiskars Photo adhesive squares on lots of stuff, but for titles that I cut out on my Cricut, I use the ZIG Glue pen. I love it. I'm actually on my third one in as many months. I used to use Glue sticks, but they do become brittle and stuff starts falling off pages after a while.

babynme8
Expert
babynme8
In response to ScrappyPrincess

I've used glue stick before on LO and some of them are falling apart after just a few years. I love everything from xyron . I used the tape runner most of the time but I can't live without my 150 it great for ribbon!
Products Referenced in This Post:

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics