Username Post: Don't you hate it when you find something and then change your mind...        (Topic#1467603)
married05
Idol
married05

I was in Marion, OH over the weekend for my little sister-in-law's softball tournament and finally had a chance to go to a Hobby Lobby!

I found a punch I've wanted FOREVER on clearance for 7 bucks (the tab punch). Somehow once I got to the register I talked myself out of it... When I got back to the hotel later that night I regretted not buying it! I planned to try to get back there on Sunday but didn't realize they're closed on Sunday. Marion is two hours away; the next closest Hobby Lobby is half an hour from me... Anyone else had this happen? Guess I'll just have to hope to find it at M's or J's this week and use a 50% off coupon on it.
Products Referenced in This Post:

tina c
tina c 
Diva
tina c
In response to married05

I do this all the time. I do this on buying me new sandles last week.

scrapnread
Guru
scrapnread
In response to tina c

Sounds like me shopping: I fill up the cart and then empty it by the time I get to the register. My dh hates it. "If you want something, buy it. Don't put it back".

SspGrandma
Expert
SspGrandma
In response to scrapnread

Oh i do that all the time too! And then wish I had bought it, then go back to get it, and it's gone! Grrrrrrrrr

married05
Idol
married05
In response to SspGrandma

My husband actually said to me (he was shopping with his family in a sporting goods store), "Are you sure you don't want it?" Grrrr... And I can't go back to get it.

Edited by married05 on 06-16-08 04:44 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

miss becky
Idol
miss becky
In response to married05

I want that punch too!! But i think nearly everyone has had a moment like that.

Babylou
Diva
Babylou
In response to scrapnread

• scrapnread Said:
Sounds like me shopping: I fill up the cart and then empty it by the time I get to the register. My dh hates it. "If you want something, buy it. Don't put it back".

This is me exactly! My husband thinks I'm crazy and he laughs and shakes his head. He tells me too, just buy it! LOL!

stephykatz
Resident
stephykatz
In response to Babylou

I know if it's something big I'm like I dont want to spend the money, but I really want with. And my dh is like will you make up your mind! lol

melissa_1959
Pro
melissa_1959
In response to stephykatz

There has only been one or two times that I've regretted not buying something. More often, I've bought something and then got home and thought, "Why did I spend money on this?"

mkthomas
Veteran
mkthomas
In response to melissa_1959

I do that all the time when I go to the LSS I always fill my basket up with all the stuff I "want" and then go back through it and take stuff out until i don't feel like I won't be able to live with myself when i get home. My husband too HATES that i do that. He tells me that if I pick it up that I should just get it. I like taking him to the scrapbook store with me because he can tell when I want something by how i look at it for a while and really check it out and then put it back. He will always just say without being prompted . . "just put it in the cart/basket"

We spend more when he goes and I get in less trouble when he is there . . . . figure that out LOL

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to mkthomas

I have done to FAR TOO MANY times so, now I just buy it and then when I get home if I don't need/want it any longer I return it on my next trip to wherever it is. I tend to NOT return stuff because I end up using it or actually NEEDING it. After getting burned too many times in my random travels and not getting something that I later ended up needing I just buy it. If it's something that's expensive (not very often is anything I get over $25/$30) then I think long and hard about getting whatever it is. If I can't justify the cost then I don't need it. I'm pretty darn good at justifying tho! LOL

luv2scrap:)
Guru
luv2scrap:)
In response to Seaexplore

I do this all the time! It is so frusterating!! When I went to Hawaii 5 years ago I talked myself out of a ring that I really wanted and started regretting it as soon as we got on the airplane to come home. I still am upset at myself when I think about it!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to luv2scrap:)

I do it too.
I over-think it. "Do I REALLY need this? How much will I actually use it?..." Then often I put it back.
On the bright side, I think I save a lot of money this way.

ToriElizabeth
Expert
ToriElizabeth
In response to Bxr-Linda

i agree with melissa_1959... its WAY more common for me to think about something later an go.. why did i buy that?

ShaylaCreations
Mayor
ShaylaCreations
In response to Babylou

• Babylou Said:
  • scrapnread Said:

This is me exactly! My husband thinks I'm crazy and he laughs and shakes his head. He tells me too, just buy it! LOL!

Me too! lol, It is always small things too.. dh never understands why I don't just get it! Then later I always wish I would have got it or spend hours trying to find it online I like taking dh in he makes sure I buy things but even then I can talk myself out of some things.

mariposa326
Diva
mariposa326
In response to ShaylaCreations

The only time I've done this so far was this week when I wanted to buy a xyron ... I talked myself out of it, and then last night when I was making a LO, I was really wishing I had it! lol

Other than that, I'm usually the exact opposite, where I buy too many things and then I'm asking myself why I've bought so much... I seriously need to work on this problem!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics