Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Your fave (or least fave) scrapbook/album        (Topic#1467697)
New Kid On the Block

After being overwhelmed by the number of brands of scrapbooks and albums out there, I thought I'd try to find a discussion on your favorite scrapbooks, brands, albums, etc. but couldn't really find one.

Which are your favorites? Do you tend to stick to the same brand over and over so you keep compatibility with your refills?

Do many people mix scrapbook pages with photo album pages in one book?

Thanks!
Tina

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16
In response to teener629

I always seem to use Pioneer . Although I have also purchased a JoAnn's one as well. I usually buy by price and if I like how the album looks. And that usually ends up being a Pioneer one. I also like post-bound albums. I haven't really tried a D-ring one yet. I've been looking for one but I haven't found one in M's or J's yet.

Dedra Long
Expert
Dedra Long
In response to Scrapnut16

I Love the Amercian Crafts D-ring albums....
You can mix different size pages/protectors into these albums....

Good Luck in your quest for the perfect album!!!

Amonika
Expert
Amonika
In response to Dedra Long

Pioneer Snapload Albums. LOVE THEM and I have used several others before settling on them. I should go buy a bunch of them before they discontinue them.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Scrapnut16

• Scrapnut16 Said:
I always seem to use Pioneer . Although I have also purchased a JoAnn's one as well. I usually buy by price and if I like how the album looks. And that usually ends up being a Pioneer one. I also like post-bound albums. I haven't really tried a D-ring one yet. I've been looking for one but I haven't found one in M's or J's yet.

I just bought a Pioneer D-ring from the Superstore. I love it:

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to Luvmyfam

I love Creative Memories albums. They are expensive compared to some, but the quality and warranty cannot be beat (IMO). I like using their pages, as well. I feel like it gives the album an extra sturdiness. They're heavy once done, but that's okay to me! I think they are worth the money. I guess it helps that I get them as gifts, too!

scrappyJedi
Idol
scrappyJedi
In response to siameseplease

Another vote for American Crafts D-Ring here. I've tried both postbound and snapload, and the AC albums are the only ones I've really liked.

on_the_plains
Expert
on_the_plains
In response to scrappyJedi

I have just switched from post bound, which my favorite was made by Pulp, to Dring. I like the Scrapworks bay boxes, but very heavy and expensive page protectors . So I will be using American Crafts D ring. I'm saving up right now to get one for the baby that is due in Oct.

Aimee K
Resident
Aimee K
In response to teener629

Another fan of the American Crafts D-ring album. I put lots of pages in an album and the reg. 3-posts album was too much of a pain.

Tia Hokee
Diva
Tia Hokee
In response to Aimee K

I have used the Creative Memories albums and currently use post albums, but after reading all of the rave reviews for the D-ring style, I am going to have to try one.

cveira
cveira 
Queen
cveira
In response to Tia Hokee

I've tried several....the priciest was Doodlebug - it was the worst, I had to trim my pages down so they wouldn't curl up.

I've tried Colorbok , DCWV and Creating Keepsakes and they are really nice.

Tivi
Tivi 
Diva
Tivi
  • Tivi on 06-17-08 01:12 PM
In response to cveira

I love my Colorbok albums!!! I have 12x12's and 8x8's (all postbound). I use only the Colorbok refills, too. They are true 12x12 and 8x8, no trimming! When my albums get thick, I either add the extenders or buy 2.5 inch posts at Home Depot and replace them.

The WORST ablum I ever used was a Pioneer post bound. The refills that were supposed to fit never did. The posts completely fell apart after putting only 10 LO's (5 page protectors ) in it! The holes for the posts ripped after about a week. I will NEVER buy another Pioneer product again!

For your other question, I do mix my photo pages with the LO's. I used to just use the photo pages that were meant as refills for photo albums. They would fit my Colorbok albums. Now, you can purchase full size 12x12 photo pages for the sb's. I just bought 2 packages of those, so I'm anxious to try them.

HTH

miniscraper
Idol
miniscraper
In response to Tivi

I usually buy the cheapy from Michaels,and bought one from walmart that was hutchings and brad or something and learned with post bound ones,well walmart... do not mix the brands for refils,use what they say!!!!!!

Vintage Beginnings
Expert
Vintage Beginnings
In response to miniscraper

I seem to gravitate to K and Company . I like the vintage appeal. They are expensive, but I wait and buy them w/ a coupon.

Jenni_Z
Mayor
Jenni_Z
In response to Vintage Beginnings

I love my albums by Chatterbox and AMM. The AMM album holds 40 layouts. I also like Making Memories albums. You can get them from Target for $15. My favorites are in this order...

http://store.scrapbook.com/amm-ucal12-pink.html
Chatterbox Baby Blue Suede Album and
http://store.scrapbook.com/mm-24443.html

KatyKatsMama
Pro
KatyKatsMama
In response to Jenni_Z

Another vote for American Crafts D-Ring hands down! Only have a couple of them, but can't see myself purchasing anything else in the future. SO easy to move things around, you can add different size layouts, etc... basically, love it!

New Kid On the Block
In response to KatyKatsMama

I started out ten years ago with D-ring albums but ended up changing over to Creative Memories about six years ago. And I do mean literally changing over. All of my albums are 8 1/2 X 11...except for one that I received as a gift. I do my albums by year and put the pages in order as I go, finishing a year before putting any pages into an album.

raindancer
Governor
raindancer
In response to MargieSpry

I've used mostly Pioneer .. but I got sick of having to trim my pages so they'd fit. 12x12 my a**!

My latest is DCWV and I couldn't be happier. My pages lay flat! And don't stick out the top either. Now I haven't found refill pages yet.. but I haven't checked AC Moores yet either..

Anyway.. i'd beware of post bound Pioneer albums because they do run a little small..

HerHighness68
Idol
HerHighness68
In response to raindancer

I really LOVE the American Crafts D ring albums

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 06-18-08 08:53 AM
In response to raindancer

I really don't have a brand preference but I do prefer post bound over anything else. I don't like the Creative Memories albums simply b/c I do not like pages that I have to do in order like that. I prefer the pages that you just slip into the protectors. I tend to randomly do LOs and don't do them in order. I like being able to rearrange without worrying what is on the back side of the page! As far as durable, CM is though!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics